VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
May 23, 2011 at 6:15 AM Post #16 of 7,982
-bumps for lulz-

Oh, also, I've found that when I use foam eartips that actually don't instantly decore themselves, these are extremely comfortable and make a good seal.  Unlike before when they actually caused physical pain with the large bi-flanges.

May 23, 2011 at 8:59 AM Post #18 of 7,982
I don't have the RE0, so I can't really comment much on it...but from what I've read, the bass is rather weak with it.  The GR07 is definitely not weak, but it's not bloated either - so it's quite balanced, and very well controlled.  I'd assume it's more weighty than the RE0, but you'd probably need to hear from someone who actually has both of them.

May 23, 2011 at 8:59 AM Post #19 of 7,982
While not a bass monster on its own, you can expect more bass from GR07, especially in the sub-bass.

May 23, 2011 at 9:45 AM Post #20 of 7,982
Yeah, I have really learned to enjoy these. To my ears, they have amazing quality for the price.

May 23, 2011 at 10:18 AM Post #21 of 7,982
Not commenting on RE0, but the bass on the GR07 is neither weak nor bloated. It's just right. And there is indeed sub bass present. If you want balanced, it seems about perfect. If you are a bass head, probably not so much.

May 23, 2011 at 11:31 AM Post #23 of 7,982
lendmeurears should be able to ship there when they get them back in stock.  In fact, that store is actually based in Singapore, so you're in luck if you want to order from them.  You're just gonna have to wait a little bit until they get their new stock..I think it's something about being stuck in customs right now.

May 23, 2011 at 11:34 AM Post #24 of 7,982
lendmeurears.com is actually located in Singapore (and you can pick one up from a store), but they are fresh out of GR07 and waiting for restocking. You can however get a pair from Jaben, assuming they still have stock there.

May 25, 2011 at 7:12 PM Post #25 of 7,982
Has anyone expanded a pair of Shure Olives to fit on these? If so how are you liking the sound? I have grown to really love the Shure Olive Tip over any other tip as it doesn't itch like the Comply tips, and doesn't have the sense of suction I get from silicone tips and they seem to stand up well in terms of cleanliness in comparison to comply tips as well.

Jun 9, 2011 at 7:52 PM Post #26 of 7,982
How would the Vsonic GR07 compare to the Meelectronics A151? I love the clarity of the BA driver, am I going to lose that with the vsonics? I want the clarity of the A151 but better in every other department...! A flat unfatiguing sound signature with a tiny amount of warmth is nice also :wink:

thanks

Jun 9, 2011 at 8:38 PM Post #27 of 7,982
There are certainly BA driver-based IEMs that have better clarity than the GR07 (ER4P/S, DBA-02, CK10, just to name a few), but the GR07 has excellent clarity for a dynamic driver IEM; I don't believe you'll be losing out on that end. I haven't personally heard the A151, but from what I've read about SR armature drivers, I think it's safe to say that the GR07 has the advantage in clarity.

Jun 10, 2011 at 10:20 AM Post #28 of 7,982
Since this is an appreciation thread, here's mine:

It's an awesome pair. The only way I can stand my M1s now that I have the GR07 is to listen to a really crappy pair just before I put on the M1s, otherwise they annoy me.  Don't get me wrong, the M1s are very, very good.  But the GR07 are just... well, let's just say my search is over.  I've found the sound that really suits me, in a comfortable package that looks like it'll last a while.

A bit of sibilance/harshness at the beginning, went away after maybe 10 hours.  They're smooth as butter now.

Haven't heard anything BA except the ER4S (which I didn't like because of comfort issues), and that was a long time ago so I don't know how they compare in clarity, but the GR07 are certainly much more user-friendly.  Even the stock silicone tips are perfectly all right to me.

Anyhow, I think they rock.  Good balance, good build quality, just colored enough to be fun, good soundstage, good comfort, good versatility with different genres.  Others may have slightly better sound, but I haven't found something which was so good in all aspects at the same time at that price point.

Hope they get stocked at lendmeurears soon so more people can get those.  VSonic deserves to sell tons of those.

Huge thanks go to ClieOS for writing the initial review.  Would never have chanced them otherwise (actually, wouldn't even have known about them!) and I'd probably would have gotten a DBA-02, waited for months to get it, and then spent several weeks trying to get the fit right :)

Jun 10, 2011 at 12:56 PM Post #29 of 7,982
This headphone seriously sounds like a good opportunity for an end all for mid-fi people like me :) and I really get the feeling this isn`t just FOTM. The thing that worries me is insertion. Before my A151 I had the Brainwavz M3, and with the smallest flanges I couldn`t get them into my right ear. I could barely get them in with comply tips and it was quite uncomfortable. The M3`s had 5-6mm nozzle which look similar in size to the Vsonic GR07`s nozzles. So I`m just hoping that I can get these properly inserted with the smaller biflanges....

Jun 10, 2011 at 1:18 PM Post #30 of 7,982

Quote:
This headphone seriously sounds like a good opportunity for an end all for mid-fi people like me :) and I really get the feeling this isn`t just FOTM. The thing that worries me is insertion. Before my A151 I had the Brainwavz M3, and with the smallest flanges I couldn`t get them into my right ear. I could barely get them in with comply tips and it was quite uncomfortable. The M3`s had 5-6mm nozzle which look similar in size to the Vsonic GR07`s nozzles. So I`m just hoping that I can get these properly inserted with the smaller biflanges....

I think the nozzle of this is somewhere around 3.5mm, even if it looks pretty big.  The stock tips are pretty tiny...the smallest ones seem like they're made for a small child or something.  The only ones that would get a seal at all for me were the large biflanges and large single flanges.  I prefer the single flanges though, since the biflanges actually caused physical pain when I had them in for too long...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back