VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Sep 17, 2018 at 6:34 AM Post #7,921 of 7,982
Can someone confirm that the Bright Audio store and Vsonic official store are managed by the same person? It seems that the sellers have the same names. That would mean they are pretty much the same shops?
Well, I can't confirm it 100% but I've suspected this for a couple of years as they used the run the exact same sales at the exact same time.

Anyway, I haven't had issues with both of them, but the thing with vsonic is that they only cater to the Chinese market. People have been bashing on vsonic's build quality for years, but the truth is that the thousands of vsonic fans in China get new replacements units from vsonic right away, not to mention all the sweet sales and limited item runs - it is just all of us outside China that have to deal with third-party resellers, higher prices, lack of customer support and having to wait for weeks to possibly get a faulty unit replaced.

And yet despite all of this I'm still a fan and will probably buy any new products being released in November (if vsonic pick up their game)

Sep 17, 2018 at 7:52 AM Post #7,922 of 7,982
Well, I can't confirm it 100% but I've suspected this for a couple of years as they used the run the exact same sales at the exact same time.

Anyway, I haven't had issues with both of them, but the thing with vsonic is that they only cater to the Chinese market. People have been bashing on vsonic's build quality for years, but the truth is that the thousands of vsonic fans in China get new replacements units from vsonic right away, not to mention all the sweet sales and limited item runs - it is just all of us outside China that have to deal with third-party resellers, higher prices, lack of customer support and having to wait for weeks to possibly get a faulty unit replaced.

And yet despite all of this I'm still a fan and will probably buy any new products being released in November (if vsonic pick up their game)

Oh don't get a wrong, I'm still a fan of Vsonic as well. Before dealing with the store on AliExpress, I was getting my GR07s from LMUE, who provided excellent service to me. I only wanted to try out the AliExpress store because they are the only ones selling these 2018 detachable versions and who are relatively accessible to buyers outside of China, besides them being a bit cheaper than LMUE as well at the moment. But as you might have read from my dealing with them, I'm rather disappointed in the store, where I had to go through a rigorous process and jump through hoops to get a DOA product replaced, only to receive a used scratched cable. I am now trying to find an alternative store who sells these 2018 versions, but it seems that Bright Audio store won't be the one since I'm fairly certain that I will be dealing with the same person.

A question to you and all others in here regarding the differences between the 2017- and 2018 BE detachable versions. Are they made in the same factories and do you know whether they have noticeably different sound qualities? I know for sure that the 2018 versions have a better built- and sound quality compared to the way older versions, they sound more sharp and detailed. But if it's the same as the 2017 versions, then I will just buy those from LMUE in the future.

Edit: detachable instead of non-detachable

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2018 at 9:02 AM Post #7,923 of 7,982
Yeah, LMUE is much better, It's said that they no longer run any of the official promotions and have all the new versions right from the pre-order stage like they did when they initially started selling vsonic.

The detachable version is the same. It was the first version built with the new materials from the new supplier. That's why it has that ugly vsonic writing on the housing like all the new 2018 models. I like the original, so much more.

I personally would wait a bit more for the new line as it looks much better and it seems that it will have the much superior IMO 2-pin cables
68cf2617gy1fujxf9o02vj23uw265qg4.jpg

Sep 17, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #7,924 of 7,982
Yeah, LMUE is much better, It's said that they no longer run any of the official promotions and have all the new versions right from the pre-order stage like they did when they initially started selling vsonic.

The detachable version is the same. It was the first version built with the new materials from the new supplier. That's why it has that ugly vsonic writing on the housing like all the new 2018 models. I like the original, so much more.

I personally would wait a bit more for the new line as it looks much better and it seems that it will have the much superior IMO 2-pin cables
68cf2617gy1fujxf9o02vj23uw265qg4.jpg

Alright, I will take your advice and wait for these 2-pin cable versions to come out. I hope that more shops sell the new versions rather than only the Vsonic-authorized resellers. Vsonic makes great products (tho one might argue about the build-quality throughout the years) and the GR07 specifically, can put just about any other IEM in the same price range to shame. Frankly, I don't understand why they don't try to expose their products more readily to the western market? I am positive that their products will be very well-received, if you see what's been sold for around the same prices or even more expensive in the western markets. Suppose they are selling these for 20 bucks more than what's been offered on AliExpress, I would still buy them in a heartbeat.

Sep 17, 2018 at 4:30 PM Post #7,925 of 7,982
Alright, I will take your advice and wait for these 2-pin cable versions to come out. I hope that more shops sell the new versions rather than only the Vsonic-authorized resellers. Vsonic makes great products (tho one might argue about the build-quality throughout the years) and the GR07 specifically, can put just about any other IEM in the same price range to shame. Frankly, I don't understand why they don't try to expose their products more readily to the western market? I am positive that their products will be very well-received, if you see what's been sold for around the same prices or even more expensive in the western markets. Suppose they are selling these for 20 bucks more than what's been offered on AliExpress, I would still buy them in a heartbeat.
I doubt that. I'm also not really sure they are authorised resellers as vsonic has its real official tmall store. Anyway, there will be several new lines coming from this November onward (if they manage to release it then as vsonic's track record isn't great in that regard). Actually, all previous vsonic models are being discontinued (even the 2017-2018 ones) and supposedly vsonic has taken into account the build quality issues and all new models will be of much higher quality (no info on the pricing, but I guess they will still carry products in several price segments even if the fancier looks warrant a higher price)

Sep 17, 2018 at 6:10 PM Post #7,926 of 7,982
I doubt that. I'm also not really sure they are authorised resellers as vsonic has its real official tmall store. Anyway, there will be several new lines coming from this November onward (if they manage to release it then as vsonic's track record isn't great in that regard). Actually, all previous vsonic models are being discontinued (even the 2017-2018 ones) and supposedly vsonic has taken into account the build quality issues and all new models will be of much higher quality (no info on the pricing, but I guess they will still carry products in several price segments even if the fancier looks warrant a higher price)

Damn, that sucks. I guess that I will not be able to avoid dealing with the AliExpress stores in the future. Unless there is a different seller coming from around the block.

Regarding their new lineups, they gotta have some kind of a successor to the VSD3(S) and GR07(BE), which need to be around similar price points. Those two variations of IEMs have probably hauled in the most revenue for them? Also hope that they start selling on Amazon Germany, France or UK.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2018 at 6:55 PM Post #7,927 of 7,982
Damn, that sucks. I guess that I will not be able to avoid dealing with the AliExpress stores in the future. Unless there is a different seller coming from around the block.

Regarding their new lineups, they gotta have some kind of a successor to the VSD3(S) and GR07(BE), which need to be around similar price points. Those two variations of IEMs have probably hauled in the most revenue for them? Also hope that they start selling on Amazon Germany, France or UK.
Well, the Spanish headphoniaks website used to carry vsonic products but for some reason they stopped stocking them. Of course, if eventually they or someone else starts selling vsonic in Europe again you should expect the the numerical values of the usd prices with EUR at the place of USD as the best possible scenario. That's just how things go in EU - you never see the MSRP with just the VAT added.

You can also buy from the official tmall store, but you'll have to use an agent like basetao, which increases the price, but as there are official sales at regular basis, often times the end price is still at least a bit lower than what you get from all the third-party resellers. The good thing with agents is that when they receive the item they send you pictures, so that you can confirm everything looks fine to you before shipping it to you; I guess they can also test it if it works fine or not. And in addition, this way you can get all the new products first as the aliexpress resellers, lmue and penonaudio usually get the new stuff at least a couple of month later, if at all.

Sep 17, 2018 at 9:15 PM Post #7,928 of 7,982
Well, the Spanish headphoniaks website used to carry vsonic products but for some reason they stopped stocking them. Of course, if eventually they or someone else starts selling vsonic in Europe again you should expect the the numerical values of the usd prices with EUR at the place of USD as the best possible scenario. That's just how things go in EU - you never see the MSRP with just the VAT added.

You can also buy from the official tmall store, but you'll have to use an agent like basetao, which increases the price, but as there are official sales at regular basis, often times the end price is still at least a bit lower than what you get from all the third-party resellers. The good thing with agents is that when they receive the item they send you pictures, so that you can confirm everything looks fine to you before shipping it to you; I guess they can also test it if it works fine or not. And in addition, this way you can get all the new products first as the aliexpress resellers, lmue and penonaudio usually get the new stuff at least a couple of month later, if at all.

Thank you for the information again, I will look into Basetao and see how it works. Basetao is the "best" agent to work with the tmall store? In case things start to break down after 6-7 months, would I need to contact the agent to start the warranty proceedings or do I contact Vsonic directly?

Sep 17, 2018 at 9:35 PM Post #7,929 of 7,982
Thank you for the information again, I will look into Basetao and see how it works. Basetao is the "best" agent to work with the tmall store? In case things start to break down after 6-7 months, would I need to contact the agent to start the warranty proceedings or do I contact Vsonic directly?
Well, it's supposedly one of the best taobao agents, although I've also used other agents through the years without issues. I'm not really sure about warranty returns. I guess you can contact them and ask. Some agents provide assistance with returns under warranty and even outside the warranty period, and can negotiate refunds or replacements. Of course, as they are not actual vendors all shipping cost have to be covered by the buyer.

Sep 17, 2018 at 10:28 PM Post #7,931 of 7,982
What is this new line up
Don't act like you don't know - just the best iems in history.
Anyway, there should be a bunch of new products, including those headphones that should have come out a year (or two) ago.
I think this will be the entry level one, which shall come in multiple colors and supposedly has the best price to performance ratio in history according to Vsonic's CEO, who is famous for his modesty
68cf2617gy1fssjpfv7qaj23uw26515n.jpg

Sep 27, 2018 at 6:01 AM Post #7,932 of 7,982
Anyone can compare GR07 to one of these earphones (that I owned in the past)?
IE80
Pioneer CX7/8
Aurisonic ASG2/2,5

Sep 27, 2018 at 6:05 AM Post #7,933 of 7,982
Sep 28, 2018 at 7:43 AM Post #7,934 of 7,982
How many version of 07 there is?? What's the difference? I'm totally lost.

Even Ali shop it's not clear about it.

+ differences in shell plastic/ceramic.

Anyone got 2 minutes to explain so I can finally understand what Vsonic are doing? :p
No mystery here - through the years vsonic released several versions of the gr07. First there was gr07, then gr07 mk2 (the OGs), then gr07be (bass edition), then gr07c (classic), then gr07x (limited run with new driver and supposedly the best sounding one to date, good luck finding someone outside China who has heard the updated version), then gr07 with detachable cables, then gr07ae (anniversary edition - with the new graphene drivers like gr09), then gr07w (wireless version), then the super duper limited updated version of gr07x. All gr07 versions are plastic - the white gr09 is ceramic.

At the moment the classic and bass edition have newer 2017 ans 2018 versions with upgraded build quality - still plastic, but with better materials. The version with detachable cable is the same as always. The older versions have been discontinued and by the end of the years all gr07 versions should be discontinued to make way for the new models

Sep 29, 2018 at 5:02 PM Post #7,935 of 7,982
the best are:
1. gr09 ceramic white
2. gr09/gr07 37th ae
3. gr07x

Users who are viewing this thread

Back