VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Nov 2, 2018 at 7:54 AM Post #7,952 of 7,982
Where should I pickup a pair of gr07 BE from currently and which version is the best to get? I would like to try these out.
You can get one from the aliexpress "official store" https://vsonic.aliexpress.com/store...a2g1y.promotion-20181111.pcShopHead_6297370.1
or the real official t-mall store but you'll have to register with a phone number and then find a taobao agent to forward it to you, which raises the cost but the t-mall store usually has great promotions. Other than that it's your choice whether to go for the detachable cable version or the standard one. Personally I don't like that new logo on the housings as with the detachable version and the 2018 version, which goes for a glossy housing

Nov 2, 2018 at 7:57 AM Post #7,953 of 7,982
You can get one from the aliexpress "official store" https://vsonic.aliexpress.com/store...a2g1y.promotion-20181111.pcShopHead_6297370.1
or the real official t-mall store but you'll have to register with a phone number and then find a taobao agent to forward it to you, which raises the cost but the t-mall store usually has great promotions. Other than that it's your choice whether to go for the detachable cable version or the standard one. Personally I don't like that new logo on the housings as with the detachable version and the 2018 version, which goes for a glossy housing

Thanks!

Nov 2, 2018 at 6:57 PM Post #7,954 of 7,982
@kova4a I just grabbed one of the last new GR07X available in Europe. My favourite dynamic iem, on pair with Sony's EX1000. Any news on VS X? Are those still selling in China? Plans for rest of the world or was it China only limited?

P.S. Your contribution to this thread is very much appreciated.

Nov 4, 2018 at 12:01 PM Post #7,955 of 7,982
@kova4a I just grabbed one of the last new GR07X available in Europe. My favourite dynamic iem, on pair with Sony's EX1000. Any news on VS X? Are those still selling in China? Plans for rest of the world or was it China only limited?

P.S. Your contribution to this thread is very much appreciated.
Yeah, still available. It seems though that no one is really paying that price for it as vsonic tends to run occasional pre-order deals pairing it with other stuff and such. Of course, all stuff no one outside China can manage to get. And that answers your last question - still no international availability as always, but that's nothing new as vsonic isn't exactly paying putting any effort to expand outside China.

Nov 27, 2018 at 1:31 PM Post #7,956 of 7,982
I lost my trusty GR07 Classic (5 years old) last week, and this black friday deals with Lendme gives me an opportunity to buy one again.
So I was curising the site, and i see there is a newer edition of GR07 (2018 classic edition). Is it as good as the older version of GR07 Classic?
I have the GR07 Bass edition as well, but i rarely use it.
Also, I was looking at GR07 37 AE edition. Should i get this one, or go with GR07 *2018* classic edition? If GR07 37 AE is as good and or better than classic, i dont mind paying the extra bucks. Please guide.

Feb 1, 2019 at 7:18 PM Post #7,960 of 7,982
Just got my new GR07 BEs w/ detachable cables from LMUE. They're site says 2017 but after emailing them asking what are the differences, they said 2017 and 2018 models are the same and they will be sending the 2018 version. Sounds like marketing by Aliexpress.
I previously had the old candycane GR07 BEs but the cables started to fray and lose connection on both monitors. I treat them really well, so the detachable cables directly addresses my only issue so far with these IEMS. If only I could figure out how to detach them. I'm worried I will break them if I tug too hard.
They sound the same so far or very close, but I will give them a few days.
The new ear loops don't fit the same around the ear at all for me. They detachable cable adds more rubber material to the monitor, making them sit different in the loop. They are pushed down onto my ear and it kind of hurts after a while. Anyone have this as well?

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2019 at 12:07 AM Post #7,961 of 7,982
Has anyone tried the GR07 BE detachable with different cables?

I have been thinking about the following:

TRN: link

KZ: link

****: link

Does anyone have experiences with these cables and do you think they will improve sound quality over the original cable?

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2019 at 12:55 AM Post #7,962 of 7,982
I had to return the detachable cable version of the BE...the extra plastic around the headphone made them not fit my ears properly and the thing I always loved about the GR07 series were their small footprint. So I think I’ve got the last non-detachable version...2017 I believe.

I believe the theory on cables is that silver makes them brighter and more treble focused which is something you don’t want with VSonic IEMs. Go for something copper based which brings out the mids and lows a bit more. At least that’s all theoretical. LOL.

Jul 27, 2019 at 9:20 AM Post #7,964 of 7,982
I had to return the detachable cable version of the BE...the extra plastic around the headphone made them not fit my ears properly and the thing I always loved about the GR07 series were their small footprint. So I think I’ve got the last non-detachable version...2017 I believe.

I believe the theory on cables is that silver makes them brighter and more treble focused which is something you don’t want with VSonic IEMs. Go for something copper based which brings out the mids and lows a bit more. At least that’s all theoretical. LOL.

Will keep that in mind, thanks. I might still try out the gold and silver cables from KZ, just because it's only 8 bucks. I tried googling for people with GR07/09 who tried different cables, but it seems that there aren't any of them, or I must have been looking in wrong places. It seems that people tend to be fine with the standard cables by Vsonic.

Jul 27, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #7,965 of 7,982
Has anyone tried the GR07 BE detachable with different cables?

I have been thinking about the following:

TRN: link

KZ: link

****: link

Does anyone have experiences with these cables and do you think they will improve sound quality over the original cable?
Well, i dont have detachable version but i do recable my GR07 BE many times. No difference for my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back