VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Oct 30, 2017 at 9:10 AM Post #7,788 of 7,982
So, where are those Vsonic headphones?? :smile_phones: We need at least some more pics/info by now. Though I understand very well that Vsonic time and normal human time are not the same so being released "soon" in Vsonic time could be a year from now.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017 at 10:32 AM Post #7,789 of 7,982
GR07 Anniversary Edition just landed :sunglasses:.
Am burning them in at low volume. For the few minutes I've listened to them, so far I'm impressed :thumbsup:. Finally, iems that don't sound harsh do to spykes in FR.
They lack a little clarity in the mid-highs. I wonder if burn-in will improve that; probably, different tips can do that to a certain extent.
The bass is quite linear but deep (not nearly as deep as my subwoofer of course). The midbass is a little too pumped, and muds the sound slightly. In the future I may try to plug the inner vents, and see if the sound improves.

As somebody else mentioned, they don't have a wow factor when you plug them into your ear. Personally, I find that to be a very big plus. Most iems sound hyped, and that's probably what the average head-fier likes (even those who have lots of money). The gr07AE have a more linear/reference sound instead, and probably will give you goose bumps only when listening to well-mixed material.

Oct 31, 2017 at 7:45 PM Post #7,790 of 7,982
Looks like the (Aliexpress) 11-11 deal will (for the 37th Anniversary version) be for $157.

Nov 1, 2017 at 5:29 AM Post #7,791 of 7,982
In general, I'm not sure burn-in changes the sound...but man, in-ear positioning does to a great extent. If I put them over the ear I lose bass; if I put them straight in I get more bass. I would have preferred them to sound better over the ear, but fortunately they fit well even straight, and there's no risk of their falling accidentally.

Nov 3, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #7,792 of 7,982
Sorry my thread searching skills aren't super great, but i've been using the BE detachable cable version for a couple months and I have had nothing but issues with the cable. I've tried 3 different types of aftermarket cables, balanced and SE, and from different sources. No matter what I do, the sound cuts in/out of one channel or the other and i'm basically forced to hold the cable at an angle where the mcmx connection is in order for sound to come out with any degree of stability.

Has anyone found any cables that work well (preferably 2.5mm balanced)? Does anyone know if VS is coming out with a better cable? I love these buds (had the older BE addition until the cable broke on those too) but I honestly can't really use them because of this issue.

Thanks in advance for advice!

Nov 4, 2017 at 9:45 AM Post #7,793 of 7,982
Sorry my thread searching skills aren't super great, but i've been using the BE detachable cable version for a couple months and I have had nothing but issues with the cable. I've tried 3 different types of aftermarket cables, balanced and SE, and from different sources. No matter what I do, the sound cuts in/out of one channel or the other and i'm basically forced to hold the cable at an angle where the mcmx connection is in order for sound to come out with any degree of stability.

Has anyone found any cables that work well (preferably 2.5mm balanced)? Does anyone know if VS is coming out with a better cable? I love these buds (had the older BE addition until the cable broke on those too) but I honestly can't really use them because of this issue.

Thanks in advance for advice!
Doesn't think the issue is with the cable connectors. You might something like the venture electronics' espresso cable - it's cheap and might do the job, but you should consider exchanging your gr07 under the warranty.

Nov 6, 2017 at 3:54 AM Post #7,794 of 7,982
Hi i must ask a question is g07 deteachable for 80 bucks and cable version for 70 bucks is bargain or not?
I read it is not last long and nothing fully special from hifiman re400 which is 50 bucks.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2017 at 4:14 AM Post #7,795 of 7,982
Well, the aliexpress price is about 85 for the detachable and around 60 for the standard version, so it's on you to decide whether 40% hike for the detachable version is worth it. As far as durability goes, I personally haven't had issued with gr07 but I know many have, but even more people have had issued with there re400, so again it is a moot point. Fot my the gr07 is superior due to better extension in the bass and more treble energy. Re400 is more mid-centric and smoother, but for me the treble is a bit too relaxed and overall the gr07 is more engaging and spacious sounding

Nov 11, 2017 at 9:36 AM Post #7,799 of 7,982
I recabled my gr07s, earhooks came with package no longer usable with new cable because cable is thinner. Is anyone knows earhooks compatible with thinner cable?
Also anyone using spinfits?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back