VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Oct 3, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #7,773 of 7,982
Still no news on the ares...:neutral_face:
Nah, there is but the usual sruff. They could produce only a limited batch of 100 or so for the local market and just for the physical store. Now there is more waiting for more units. Just like with the gr09 -they went overboard with the design and didn't take into account the difficulty of producing the housings fast enough

Oct 3, 2017 at 12:24 PM Post #7,774 of 7,982
Lol, anyway, do you have any news about a revision of the gr07x? They have released the 2018 version of the classic and bass edition, but what about the more linear gr07x?

Oct 3, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #7,775 of 7,982
Lol, anyway, do you have any news about a revision of the gr07x? They have released the 2018 version of the classic and bass edition, but what about the more linear gr07x?
Well, it was only mentioned that they might update the gr07x with cnt drivers but know I guess they are busy with the ares and the new portable cans vsonic v5, which should be out very soon and also have cnt drivers.

Oct 5, 2017 at 2:45 PM Post #7,776 of 7,982
I'm now on my fourth set of GR07s and I still love the hell out of them. I've had MANY MANY headphones over the years and I constantly go back to the trusty GR07 line. I started with the original GR07s a few months after they came out. Moved the BEs once those and their candy cane cables came out because I mostly listen to hip hop and southern rock...needed a little more bottom end which was exactly what the BEs were offering. Used those for a good 3-4 years until the X's came out. Got those and promptly lost them (think my toddler got involved in that one). Now, not being able to find the X's I just went back to the trusty BEs...this time the newer edition w/ the grey cables. I hate detachable cables and I baby my stuff...never had a GR07 fail...so standard cable is perfect for me.

Got em today...after a good six months without a set on hand and dammit if they don't sound exactly how I remember them. Comfort and sound quality are exactly what I want in a headphone...all for a little over 100 bucks. Seriously a steal at this price.

Those Anniversary Editions sure do look awesome. Hmmm.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2017 at 9:41 AM Post #7,777 of 7,982
Maybe I should ask here, since the vsonic gr07 and the vivo xe800 share the same nozzle shape.
What type of spinfit tips fit the gr07 best? The cp100 or cp800?

Oct 6, 2017 at 1:22 PM Post #7,778 of 7,982
Vsonic anniversary edition finally on aliexpress!
After having listened to them for a while, which do you guys prefer? The gr09/AE or the gr07x/CE?
Do you think the bass on the gr09/AE is neutral or boosted? Does it overpower the highs?

Oct 6, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #7,779 of 7,982
Vsonic anniversary edition finally on aliexpress!
After having listened to them for a while, which do you guys prefer? The gr09/AE or the gr07x/CE?
Do you think the bass on the gr09/AE is neutral or boosted? Does it overpower the highs?

GR07X is the one more fun sounding with more bass. But none of them have overpowered bass.
GR09 need more than 400-500hr to get their full potential and they are more linear with better depth and more refined bass compared to GR07X. Also vocals are fuller and closer on GR09.
GR07X will sound great with almost every source, it pairs great with my Galaxy S8. GR09 need more attention here and it's a matter of source quality rather than power. It won't be good with every smartphone. These sounds great with my Sony WM1A.

Oct 7, 2017 at 8:06 AM Post #7,781 of 7,982
Ended up buying the Anniversary Edition. The fact that it is now sold on aliexpress made me more willing to buy it. Since they are made by the new manufacturer, durability should be better than the gr07x.
If I find it too bassy and with not enough treble, I may alwas try the vent mod. A very reversible way to test if I like it should be a piece of tape on the vent.

Oct 7, 2017 at 9:10 AM Post #7,782 of 7,982
After lots of spare time to inspect my GR07s on a plane I noticed one of them has a few hairline cracks. The nozzle on it is also quite loose (is there a fix for this?) :frowning2:

But the other one is completely fine and they both function fine. I took good care of them but next time, definitely putting them in a hard case, especially for travel.

Oct 7, 2017 at 10:46 AM Post #7,783 of 7,982
After lots of spare time to inspect my GR07s on a plane I noticed one of them has a few hairline cracks. The nozzle on it is also quite loose (is there a fix for this?) :frowning2:

But the other one is completely fine and they both function fine. I took good care of them but next time, definitely putting them in a hard case, especially for travel.
Try sugru molding clay, they can be found on eBay in different color

Oct 9, 2017 at 10:50 AM Post #7,784 of 7,982
Ibasso CB12 works pretty good

IMG_20171009_114252479.jpg

Oct 24, 2017 at 3:42 PM Post #7,785 of 7,982
Btw there will be a crazy 11 sale of the gr07 anniversaty edition on the official vsonic tmall site. They are doing some sort of pre-order now for the people who want to participate, so I'm not sure if a taobao agent will help you out with that, but I don't see why not. The gr07ae will be like 100 bucks and even with the extra agent charges should be something like 120, which is quite the price

Users who are viewing this thread

Back