VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Sep 22, 2017 at 3:19 AM Post #7,756 of 7,982
I like the design of the old gr-xx body. It's ergonomic, functional and very comfortable. From the looks of it the new design not only looks ugly but feels it's not as comfortable as the old design. However, regardless of how it looks, if the design is a necessity to make it sound better than before then I can't complain.

The thing with this hobby, most of the time what is new is not necessarily better. Some manufacturers release products just for the sake of releasing something new.

Sep 22, 2017 at 3:58 AM Post #7,757 of 7,982
May I ask where you got access to those pictures?
Vsonic's CEO posted them on weibo.
I like the design of the old gr-xx body. It's ergonomic, functional and very comfortable. From the looks of it the new design not only looks ugly but feels it's not as comfortable as the old design. However, regardless of how it looks, if the design is a necessity to make it sound better than before then I can't complain.

The thing with this hobby, most of the time what is new is not necessarily better. Some manufacturers release products just for the sake of releasing something new.
Well, it's a matter of personal preference. I also prefer ergonomic designs and over-the-ear fit and I still think the most secure and comfortable fit of a vsonic iem is the vsd2/s. As far a looks go, I wouldn't call the Ares ugly, but yeah, it's a bit weird looking. I do like it in its other less shiny iterations like bronze, which has more of a steampunk look and will look even cooler with some patina on.
68cf2617gy1fh26dkj2ivj20qo0zhjwc.jpg

Anyway, unlike the bulk of the newer Chinese companies at least Vsonic really takes its time when developing new products, so the Ares is not really an afterthought, but rather a product that's been in long R&D even though its aesthetics surely are heavily influenced by the questionable taste of Vsonic's CEO.

Also the new portable vsonic cans should be released very soon. They will also have CNT drivers
68cf2617gy1fgo15cmkeij20qo0zkgpa.jpg

Also, as Vsonic's CEO has been bashing competitors' milti-driver iems lately as being bad and lacking any R&D and straight up deceiving the consumers, he decided Vsonic should show them how it's done, so now Vsonic is developing 2 multi-driver iems - one mid-tier and one high-end - I think both will be multi-BA and not hybrids. He said 8 and 12 drivers, but don't now if per side or in total

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2017 at 5:58 AM Post #7,758 of 7,982
Also, as Vsonic's CEO has been bashing competitors' milti-driver iems lately as being bad and lacking any R&D and straight up deceiving the consumers, he decided Vsonic should show them how it's done, so now Vsonic is developing 2 multi-driver iems - one mid-tier and one high-end - I think both will be multi-BA and not hybrids. He said 8 and 12 drivers, but don't now if per side or in total

I can understand and sympathise with his opinion on the other multi-driver IEMs by Chinese manufacturers but most of the examples I can think of are of companies like KZ which manufacture earphones far below Vsonic's products. Though I haven't heard Vsonic's lower-priced offerings, I don't think that they in general, as a company, are looked at in the same light as companies like KZ, Tennmak and honestly, most other Chinese ones.

With that said, despite being lauded for their sound quality Vsonic could learn a couple of lessons in terms of build quality and reliability from some of their competitors. Thankfully though with the recent GR07 with removable cable and the change in manufacturer they seem to be starting to head in that direction.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2017 at 9:22 AM Post #7,761 of 7,982
I also listen to strictly Rock and Metal.

I have the GR07 Bass Editions, and they are STILL the most neutral headphones I own. The Bass Edition doesn't mean nearly as much as other headphones make it sound.
With these, there's just a bit more sub-bass and a deeper roll-off. It's still the same old Crystal Clear GR07's otherwise. I quite enjoy it, especially for heavy music.

Have you tested to see how low it can go? That would be interesting. Have you heard etys to compare? or other similar thx.

Sep 22, 2017 at 6:49 PM Post #7,763 of 7,982
I bought it off their taobao store, currently shipping as we speak.

It would be slightly funny/sad if you ended up receiving your GR07AE before I receive my GR07 w/ removable cable which I ordered weeks ago but do let us know of your impressions.

Sep 22, 2017 at 6:54 PM Post #7,764 of 7,982
It would be slightly funny/sad if you ended up receiving your GR07AE before I receive my GR07 w/ removable cable which I ordered weeks ago but do let us know of your impressions.
Wouldn't be surprised. I ordered a vsd5si a week before gr07ae and it arrived 2 weeks after the anniversary edition

Sep 22, 2017 at 7:08 PM Post #7,765 of 7,982
Wouldn't be surprised. I ordered a vsd5si a week before gr07ae and it arrived 2 weeks after the anniversary edition

I bought mine from the official Vsonic store on Aliexpress and they were returned twice because of customs. Now they are trying to ship them with DHL with a bit of luck I might have them at the end of next week, but I'm not counting on it.

Sep 22, 2017 at 7:48 PM Post #7,766 of 7,982
Can somebody link to a place I could buy the GR07AE. I cannot find them anywhere in America, even on Aliexpress.
Really interested in their sound, I'm under the impression they use GR09 drivers?

Sep 22, 2017 at 7:55 PM Post #7,767 of 7,982
Can somebody link to a place I could buy the GR07AE. I cannot find them anywhere in America, even on Aliexpress.
Really interested in their sound, I'm under the impression they use GR09 drivers?

Yes, I believe they use the GR09 drivers as well, at least that's what I've heard/read on various places. Various stores sell them on Taobao.com but you might need to pay additional taxes if you order from them. I've never ordered things from there myself.

https://world.tmall.com/item/554408311517.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.76f09a88pNl4CO#detail

Sep 23, 2017 at 12:45 AM Post #7,768 of 7,982
Yeah, that's the real official vsonic store. As far as buying them, as I said before, I used basetao - a taobao agent. You have to pay extra commission and shipping and it's a bit cumbersome, although not as bad as it used to be. I paid about 30-40 bucks more for the service but I didn't pay taxes and I'm in EU - I asked them to put a low price on the package.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back