VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Sep 6, 2017 at 6:42 AM Post #7,728 of 7,982
Just bought the gr07 37 anniversary, the opening sound won't give us wow factor. well I guess maybe need to burn in? But how should I burn? Can I burn 24 hours non stop? And also bought vsonic latest Bluetooth vsd1w, with that kind of price (159rmb) I can say the value is really really good.

Sep 6, 2017 at 6:45 AM Post #7,729 of 7,982
Just bought the gr07 37 anniversary, the opening sound won't give us wow factor. well I guess maybe need to burn in? But how should I burn? Can I burn 24 hours non stop? And also bought vsonic latest Bluetooth vsd1w, with that kind of price (159rmb) I can say the value is really really good.

Thx. Please let us know in a couple of days what you think. But don't burn them too long, or that may be brain adjustment.

Sep 9, 2017 at 8:59 PM Post #7,731 of 7,982
Just got the BE removable version. I must say that since conector to the housing it's larger than non removable version, the fit it's more snug and secure, very happy right now.

IMG_20170909_215348026.jpg

Sep 9, 2017 at 9:01 PM Post #7,732 of 7,982
Kind of jealous, mine will still take, I'm guessing, at least a couple of weeks to arrive, at best.

Sep 13, 2017 at 12:19 AM Post #7,733 of 7,982
I had no idea Vsonic releasd so many IEM's or that the GR07 got an update

I've had them for 2 years, and in that time, I've had them recabled 4 TIMES.
If you use these for everyday carry, they WILL short in the connections to the driver, no matter how nicely you treat them.
I absolutely love them, and mine are sadly probably on their last repair before having to be trashed.

The GR07 detachable is exactly what I've been waiting for, and should solve the durability issue. I know there's many more iem options, but I just cannot give these earbuds up, they can compete with my many planars at times, and I've never heard another iem that has stood a chance.

Who can do this? Are there any shops set up to recondition sets that have suffered driver death?

Sep 13, 2017 at 12:42 AM Post #7,734 of 7,982
Who can do this? Are there any shops set up to recondition sets that have suffered driver death?

The drivers didn't die, but the cable severs at the tip of the driver, so a new cable has to be re-soldered to the driver.
I just find somebody on the forums here in the sales section to fix them for a modest price compared to what shops charge

Sep 13, 2017 at 1:04 AM Post #7,735 of 7,982
The drivers didn't die, but the cable severs at the tip of the driver, so a new cable has to be re-soldered to the driver.
I just find somebody on the forums here in the sales section to fix them for a modest price compared to what shops charge

So that statement would imply that the new detachable cable versions would not have any of the issues suffered by the old versions. Interesting. Are you sure the drivers don't die?

Mine never crackled or showed any other connection issue, just one day the sound was nearly impossible to hear in one bud. I contacted LMURears and they offered me a refurbished set for cheap but didn't mention that mine could be fixed.

Its an exciting thought that i could get a decent cable with a remote and have them repaired! If you know someone here that can do this please let me know.

Sep 13, 2017 at 1:19 AM Post #7,736 of 7,982
So that statement would imply that the new detachable cable versions would not have any of the issues suffered by the old versions. Interesting. Are you sure the drivers don't die?

Mine never crackled or showed any other connection issue, just one day the sound was nearly impossible to hear in one bud. I contacted LMURears and they offered me a refurbished set for cheap but didn't mention that mine could be fixed.

Its an exciting thought that i could get a decent cable with a remote and have them repaired! If you know someone here that can do this please let me know.

Yes, I have hopes the detachable version wouldn't suffer the same issue, and you could just replace the cable over time instead of having to repair the connection to the driver. Whenever my Vsonic's go, This 2017 Detachable Bass is exactly what I'll be replacing it with

Sep 14, 2017 at 8:45 PM Post #7,737 of 7,982
I have the GR07 classic edition and had the original before that, I love the sound on these a lot that's why I keep getting the same one. My classic the cable is starting to go and I am looking to get the GR07 Classic (2017 Edition) Detachable Version..So if I like the sound on the others these should still be good right? Also where is the cheapest place to get them from at the moment? And one last thing I havnt been on here in quite some time what tips are everyone using these days with these? I have been using the Sony Hybrids

Sep 14, 2017 at 9:36 PM Post #7,738 of 7,982
Yes, I have hopes the detachable version wouldn't suffer the same issue, and you could just replace the cable over time instead of having to repair the connection to the driver. Whenever my Vsonic's go, This 2017 Detachable Bass is exactly what I'll be replacing it with

I chatted which a local headphone tech who said that if the sound is soft out of a bud its not the cable and would be the driver as i suspected. Seems like i was unlucky if most of the failures are cable related but then again a lot of people just report that one bud dies. No crackle, no dodgy connections just a sudden death.

I still want mine fixed :-/

Sep 14, 2017 at 10:45 PM Post #7,739 of 7,982
I have the GR07 classic edition and had the original before that, I love the sound on these a lot that's why I keep getting the same one. My classic the cable is starting to go and I am looking to get the GR07 Classic (2017 Edition) Detachable Version..So if I like the sound on the others these should still be good right? Also where is the cheapest place to get them from at the moment? And one last thing I havnt been on here in quite some time what tips are everyone using these days with these? I have been using the Sony Hybrids
http://www.lendmeurears.com/vsonic-gr07-bass-detachable-version-2017-edition/

Sep 14, 2017 at 11:01 PM Post #7,740 of 7,982
Nah, first, he asked about the classic and second, $134 is far from the cheapest price. Cheapest price I've seen them from a trustworthy international seller is on aliexpress for about $95-98 from either brightaudio or vsonic official, which provide the exact same service. Right now there aren't any discounts on it, so can come down to about $110 with a coupon, but vsonic discounts have been repeating every week or so, so with some patience he can get it for sub-$100

Users who are viewing this thread

Back