VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Aug 6, 2017 at 8:41 PM Post #7,700 of 7,982
Thanks. The spinfits didn't work for me. Can't get good seal. I usually use medium size tips but with gr07x I'm using the stock big ones. I guess it's because this iem don't provide deep insertion. Anyway, very happy with the gr07x and the medium size Spinfits worked very well with my IT03 and ATH-IM50.

Cheers!
How does the GR07X compare to the IT03? Which do you prefer?

Aug 8, 2017 at 8:16 PM Post #7,701 of 7,982
How does the GR07X compare to the IT03? Which do you prefer?

Well, they are completely different IEMs (driver structure, nominal impedance, etc.) Soundwise i prefer the IT03: more extension on both ends, excellent sub bass and more detail across the spectrum. Both IEMs can sound harsh with bad/pour files. The IT03 is harder to pair with DAPs because of their low impedance and high sensitivity.

Aug 13, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #7,702 of 7,982
It's probably been said many times, but which version do you think has the flattest frequency response? I've read many saying that the gr07 may sound too bright at times, and the gr09 too warm, and that got me quite confused. How is the gr07x?

Aug 13, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #7,704 of 7,982
Aug 20, 2017 at 7:28 PM Post #7,705 of 7,982
Does anyone know where I can order Gr07x? They are out of stock everywhare. My Gr07 clasic is cable is failing.

Aug 26, 2017 at 6:16 PM Post #7,707 of 7,982
So the cable finally failed. This is my second gr07 that fails. I ordered gr07x and I recabled my classics with success so I can use it till the new one comes.
20170827_010323.jpg

Aug 30, 2017 at 1:11 AM Post #7,708 of 7,982
Looking for some help finishing this thought:

"If you like the gr07 classic, then..."

I can't put my finger on it exactly, probably because I don't have nearly as much experience with iems as many of you here, but I really like the flatness of the profile--the adequate and not overpowering bass, the brightness, the smooth mids...

Just wondering if others have fell in love with these like I have yet managed to find something ( = or < price) that do what they do, or even do it better.

I'm sure this has been discussed, but my searchings only show results 2013 and before, and I've already gone through a bunch of this thread and dont feel like powering through all 500+ pages...

Feel free to point me to existing threads...

Aug 30, 2017 at 1:49 AM Post #7,709 of 7,982
Looking for some help finishing this thought:

"If you like the gr07 classic, then..."

I can't put my finger on it exactly, probably because I don't have nearly as much experience with iems as many of you here, but I really like the flatness of the profile--the adequate and not overpowering bass, the brightness, the smooth mids...

Just wondering if others have fell in love with these like I have yet managed to find something ( = or < price) that do what they do, or even do it better.

I'm sure this has been discussed, but my searchings only show results 2013 and before, and I've already gone through a bunch of this thread and dont feel like powering through all 500+ pages...

Feel free to point me to existing threads...
I like the classics because it sounds good, better than many iems that are far more expensive. They are source friendly, meaning they sound good regardless of player you use. Low distortion which adds value given the price.

I'm impressed that makes me get the x and 09. All 3 are different but equally good

Aug 30, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #7,710 of 7,982
I've been pondering acquiring a GR07 but given how many people I've seen/heard of that had issues with the cable I'm considering getting the version with the removable cable. Is there a significant difference between the classic GR07 and the version with the removable cable?

Just to be clear, I did search this thread a bit beforehand but I was unable to find the response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back