VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Aug 30, 2017 at 10:13 AM Post #7,711 of 7,982
I've been pondering acquiring a GR07 but given how many people I've seen/heard of that had issues with the cable I'm considering getting the version with the removable cable. Is there a significant difference between the classic GR07 and the version with the removable cable?

Just to be clear, I did search this thread a bit beforehand but I was unable to find the response.

I've asked this before too (maybe on the gr07 be thread?), and not received any replies.
Not that I think that there would be a difference due to the cable, but I'm curious if vsonic have made any tuning changes (eg: sibilant tendencies) with the new version.

Aug 31, 2017 at 7:17 AM Post #7,713 of 7,982
The 2018 version has a lower impedance. It is most likely to have at least a minor effect on sound. They changed manufacturer, and the materials are of higher quality, especially the cable. So, even if it has a fixed cable, MAYBE it shouldn't give problems.

Aug 31, 2017 at 7:38 AM Post #7,714 of 7,982
Yeah, according to Vsonic's CEO they've had no warranty returns from the new 2018 versions, but only time will tell. Btw, if people haven't seen it, there is a great aliexpress deal on the vsonic "new vsd3s" for 29 bucks for all 3 variants which is quite the bargain and ends in a day and a half. Also all gr07 2017 and previos "new" models come down to like 76 bucks - this includes the latest gr07 classic and bass edition with mic.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2017 at 9:05 AM Post #7,715 of 7,982
Yeah, according to Vsonic's CEO they've had no warranty returns from the new 2018 versions, but only time will tell. Btw, if people haven't seen it, there is a great aliexpress deal on the vsonic "new vsd3s" for 29 bucks for all 3 variants which is quite the bargain and ends in a day and a half. Also all gr07 2017 and previos "new" models come down to like 76 bucks - this includes the latest gr07 classic and bass edition with mic.

Wow, that's quite a deal on those VSD3S.... I think I'll bite.

Edit: welp, I ended up ordering one of those GR07 Classic with removable cable as well. Wish the VSD3S also had a removable cable, but for its sale price, I'm less reticent about that issue.

Thank you to those that replied to my question.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2017 at 9:41 AM Post #7,716 of 7,982
Well, I still haven't had issues with the "new" vsd3s or 5s, and yeah, it's a great deal close to vsd1 prices and definitely better than all the sub-$30 contenders I\ve heard. There is another great aliexpress deal on the fiio ex1 (not the 2nd edition, which I haven't heard but people say it's not as good) for circa 44 bucks, which is an iem, which I prefer more than gr07 but the leaking sound and the close to zero isolation are an issue.

Aug 31, 2017 at 9:45 AM Post #7,717 of 7,982
Well, I still haven't had issues with the "new" vsd3s or 5s, and yeah, it's a great deal close to vsd1 prices and definitely better than all the sub-$30 contenders I\ve heard. There is another great aliexpress deal on the fiio ex1 (not the 2nd edition, which I haven't heard but people say it's not as good) for circa 44 bucks, which is an iem, which I prefer more than gr07 but the leaking sound and the close to zero isolation are an issue.

I already have the F9 on order so this order will do it for this month and possibly for the foreseeable future, my bank account already wept enough this month :p

Aug 31, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #7,718 of 7,982
Looking for some help finishing this thought:

"If you like the gr07 classic, then..."

I can't put my finger on it exactly, probably because I don't have nearly as much experience with iems as many of you here, but I really like the flatness of the profile--the adequate and not overpowering bass, the brightness, the smooth mids...

Just wondering if others have fell in love with these like I have yet managed to find something ( = or < price) that do what they do, or even do it better.

I'm sure this has been discussed, but my searchings only show results 2013 and before, and I've already gone through a bunch of this thread and dont feel like powering through all 500+ pages...

Feel free to point me to existing threads...

They were my go-tos for almost five years, and not for lack of opportunity to "upgrade."

Aug 31, 2017 at 5:20 PM Post #7,719 of 7,982
I have GR07 37th anniversary edition with me for 4 days, the sound changed significantly after burning (still in process), the first impression was a mediocre one, though.

Aug 31, 2017 at 5:22 PM Post #7,720 of 7,982
I have GR07 37th anniversary edition with me for 4 days, the sound changed significantly after burning (still in process), the first impression was a mediocre one, though.

Why? It should sound identical to the gr09, since it has the same driver. @crinacle rated the gr09 very highly.

Aug 31, 2017 at 5:29 PM Post #7,721 of 7,982
Right out of the box the sound was somehow not clear enough, I preferred my well-burned TFZ exclusive king to it.
But 4 days later I decided to let TFZ go. Also, GR07ae needs power to shine.
GR07ae and GR09 shares the same driver, but different configuration and tuning, they shouldn't sound identical.
Why? It should sound identical to the gr09, since it has the same driver. @crinacle rated the gr09 very highly.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2017 at 3:41 AM Post #7,722 of 7,982
GR07ae and GR09 shares the same driver, but different configuration and tuning, they shouldn't sound identical.

Have you tried them both? Was thinking about getting the gr07ae. But don't want to base my decision on speculations. I mean, ofc they sound different, but if the difference is negligible...

Sep 1, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #7,723 of 7,982
Have you tried them both? Was thinking about getting the gr07ae. But don't want to base my decision on speculations. I mean, ofc they sound different, but if the difference is negligible...
I have not.

Sep 1, 2017 at 9:15 PM Post #7,724 of 7,982
I appreciate the feedback. Definitely confirms my love of the GR07 Classic.

However, I'm still interested in finding opinions on IEMs that GR07 lovers also love. It has to be possible. Perhaps I'm searching in the wrong forum...

Sep 1, 2017 at 10:08 PM Post #7,725 of 7,982
I appreciate the feedback. Definitely confirms my love of the GR07 Classic.

However, I'm still interested in finding opinions on IEMs that GR07 lovers also love. It has to be possible. Perhaps I'm searching in the wrong forum...
Shozy X aaw hibiki, cozoy hera, gr07x, cardas a8 and em5813, jvc fx1200, shozy zero, shozy cygnus and stardust

Users who are viewing this thread

Back