VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Mar 28, 2017 at 5:28 PM Post #7,576 of 7,982
That's interesting to hear. I think the general consensus is there isn't all that much difference between them all, just slight changes?

Interested to see how the GR09 sound compares.

Apr 6, 2017 at 5:33 AM Post #7,584 of 7,982
Im at LMUE in singapore, word is end of the month for GR09. And the GR07X should be similar to the GR09 since they have the same driver? Hmm...

Hi. GR07x and GR09 do not have the same drivers. GR07x still uses bio-cellulose driver, and GR09 have carbon nano-tube driver. 

However, there was a limited edition called GR07xLTD, which have the same drivers as GR09. But GR07xLTD was not on sale. The Vsonic CEO sent a few of these as gifts to his fans.

Apr 6, 2017 at 7:27 AM Post #7,585 of 7,982
I'm a fan of his and I didn't get one :frowning2: Right he's off my Christmas card list!

Apr 7, 2017 at 4:44 PM Post #7,587 of 7,982
Hmm, looks like a suck out at 3-4khz, immediately followed by a 5khz peak for sibilance and then roll-off for a lack of air...

That's not good.

Can we see the gr07x FR chart to compare?

Apr 7, 2017 at 7:10 PM Post #7,588 of 7,982
That's a compensated graph though isn't it....you don't know what they are using

Apr 7, 2017 at 7:42 PM Post #7,589 of 7,982
Hmm, looks like a suck out at 3-4khz, immediately followed by a 5khz peak for sibilance and then roll-off for a lack of air...

That's not good.

Can we see the gr07x FR chart to compare?

Did you even bother reading the db? Those peaks and dips you describe are less than 5 db, more likely around 3. If we also take into account that one peak is at the bass region (which needs compensation anyway), this iem ought to sound really, really flat. If it's diffuse field compensated they will be really close to the Harman reference. The only real weakness is indeed the roll off past the 10k mark.

That's a compensated graph though isn't it....you don't know what they are using

Probably not. Vsonic tends to go for a flat fr without compensations, or at least that's what they did with the GR07. The Vivo XE800 on the other hand is newer and a lot closer to the harman reference target, so we can't be 100% certain.

Apr 7, 2017 at 7:54 PM Post #7,590 of 7,982
Did you even bother reading the db? Those peaks and dips you describe are less than 5 db, more likely around 3. If we also take into account that one peak is at the bass region (which needs compensation anyway), this iem ought to sound really, really flat. If it's diffuse compensated they will be really close to Harman reference. The only real weakness is indeed the roll off past the 10k mark.

Probably not. Vsonic tends to go for a flat fr without compensations, or at least that's what they did with the GR07. The Vivo XE800 on the other hand is newer and a lot closer to the harman reference target, so we can't be 100% certain.

We'll see, it looks quite smoothed. Most manufacturers smooth the heck out of their FR graphs. I do expect suckout, harshness, and roll-off, but my ears will be the final standard for this $600 iem due out in 3 months or whenever.

This iem will have to prove itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back