VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Nov 17, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #7,321 of 7,982
I've tried some more tips, and I found a great match with a pair I got with a Noble 4 universal.

Holy ****. The GR07X seriously can kick the **** out of anything. The treble precision and dynamics when paired with the right tips (as far as depth of insertion, distance to the driver and nozzle geometry) is simply stunning. And it does it without the obvious 6.5K peak the Classics have. And it's also less fatiguing because of it.

The sound compared to Gr07 Classic is bigger and bolder, yet also sharper and much crisper, yet the FR is unobtrusive with warmth. The surface texture is enormously crisp and speedy.

I'd pick these over the Etymotic ER4S and Noble 4U any day of the week. It's like Vsonic made a 11mm armature driver, and with that the added sound volume it pushes with as much speed as an armature.

The tips I used before has a slightly smaller nozzle, but more importantly were quite short and the IEM was right up against the skin with it. These tips set the driver 2-3mm further away, and is different in nozzle shape (also has a piece of silicon going across the sound tube inside it, dividing the tube into 2 halves so to speak. The other tips might have dampened the driver slighly too much, causing surface texture to be slightly restrained.

Anyways, tip rolling certainly gave results. They went from great to absolute killer. I cannot imagine much beating these, including hybrids. My Noble 4U (quad BA) seems bested aswell, for my tastes. My ER4S seems beaten also.

Watching Terminator 2 as a demo track, it's absolutely wonderful. The tonality is spot on, I'm picky about EQ and I wouldn't touch a thing about it.
Started Fury Road and I nearly **** myself as the Lionsgate logo roars to life.

Bravo Vsonic, bravo. It's almost impossible to believe this is a single dynamic driver.

Nov 17, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #7,322 of 7,982
Warranty replacements for my BEs arrived yesterday in the form of a pair of "New Classics." I'll fully admit I haven't heard the "old" Classic, but god damn, they sound fantastic. Same refinements the X has compared to recent-ish recollections of the Mk.I--if not of the same level, obviously--and an amazing deal for a hundred bucks.

...Also, the maroon is purty. Shame LMUE is only stocking the black X.

Nov 17, 2016 at 5:25 PM Post #7,323 of 7,982
Warranty replacements for my BEs arrived yesterday in the form of a pair of "New Classics." I'll fully admit I haven't heard the "old" Classic, but god damn, they sound fantastic. Same refinements the X has compared to recent-ish recollections of the Mk.I--if not of the same level, obviously--and an amazing deal for a hundred bucks.

...Also, the maroon is purty, Shame LMUE is only stocking the black X.

Waiting for the other colourss

Nov 17, 2016 at 6:52 PM Post #7,324 of 7,982

...Also, the maroon is purty. Shame LMUE is only stocking the black X.

If I may ask, where did you buy them to have the "New" version as a replacement ?

Nov 19, 2016 at 3:53 AM Post #7,335 of 7,982
I've tried some more tips, and I found a great match with a pair I got with a Noble 4 universal.

Holy ****. The GR07X seriously can kick the **** out of anything. The treble precision and dynamics when paired with the right tips (as far as depth of insertion, distance to the driver and nozzle geometry) is simply stunning. And it does it without the obvious 6.5K peak the Classics have. And it's also less fatiguing because of it.

The sound compared to Gr07 Classic is bigger and bolder, yet also sharper and much crisper, yet the FR is unobtrusive with warmth. The surface texture is enormously crisp and speedy.

I'd pick these over the Etymotic ER4S and Noble 4U any day of the week. It's like Vsonic made a 11mm armature driver, and with that the added sound volume it pushes with as much speed as an armature.

The tips I used before has a slightly smaller nozzle, but more importantly were quite short and the IEM was right up against the skin with it. These tips set the driver 2-3mm further away, and is different in nozzle shape (also has a piece of silicon going across the sound tube inside it, dividing the tube into 2 halves so to speak. The other tips might have dampened the driver slighly too much, causing surface texture to be slightly restrained.

Anyways, tip rolling certainly gave results. They went from great to absolute killer. I cannot imagine much beating these, including hybrids. My Noble 4U (quad BA) seems bested aswell, for my tastes. My ER4S seems beaten also.

Watching Terminator 2 as a demo track, it's absolutely wonderful. The tonality is spot on, I'm picky about EQ and I wouldn't touch a thing about it.
Started Fury Road and I nearly **** myself as the Lionsgate logo roars to life.

Bravo Vsonic, bravo. It's almost impossible to believe this is a single dynamic driver.

Nice review. So it's a single driver , which sounds like a BA, but also smooth as Dynamic driver?

You gave it a high rating, by surpassing ER4S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back