VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Oct 26, 2016 at 3:26 AM Post #7,246 of 7,982
Hello everyone,

I was about to put 100€ in a pair so I was looking to the VSD5 and GR07. Finnaly decided to go with the GR07 but saw there was a new version on Alliexpress. Is it safe to order the new version and expect the SQ of the old one or should I wait some more info/review ?

Also I have difficulties to chose between the bass version or the classic one. I am not a basshead but for example found bass lacking on the Havi B3 pro1.

I don't really mind the GR07x because I understood it will cost more than 100€ ...

Oct 26, 2016 at 3:36 AM Post #7,247 of 7,982
  Hello everyone,

I was about to put 100€ in a pair so I was looking to the VSD5 and GR07. Finnaly decided to go with the GR07 but saw there was a new version on Alliexpress. Is it safe to order the new version and expect the SQ of the old one or should I wait some more info/review ?

Also I have difficulties to chose between the bass version or the classic one. I am not a basshead but for example found bass lacking on the Havi B3 pro1.

I don't really mind the GR07x because I understood it will cost more than 100€ ...

GR07BE is not really a basshead IEM.  I find it has just the right amount of bass elevation for me.  It isn't invasive in normal music but only really wakes up on bass heavy tracks.  I prefer it to the classic personally.  It just seems more well extended since it mostly boosts the lower bass and leaves fairly neutral mid bass.

Oct 26, 2016 at 4:47 AM Post #7,248 of 7,982
I managed to baby my Mk.Is along for four years before catching the cord on a doorknob. I went for BEs after, rather than Classics, and I've definitely regretted the decision. I don't find the bass increase huge, and to my ears it's somewhat looser (relatively speaking). I don't find the timbre quite as natural either.

Have a pair of Classics on the way now, but I'm dying to hear the GR07x. Or even read a decent review.

Oct 26, 2016 at 5:14 AM Post #7,249 of 7,982
I managed to baby my Mk.Is along for four years before catching the cord on a doorknob. I went for BEs after, rather than Classics, and I've definitely regretted the decision. I don't find the bass increase huge, and to my ears it's somewhat looser (relatively speaking). I don't find the timbre quite as natural either.

Have a pair of Classics on the way now, but I'm dying to hear the GR07x. Or even read a decent review.

That's interesting, I had the opposite impression when I went to the BE from the classic. I find the BE sound more natural to me. I guess it really is a matter of personal preference.

Oct 26, 2016 at 12:21 PM Post #7,250 of 7,982
  Hello everyone,

"New GR07" should be the same sound as the GR07 Classic, with slightly different styling to the cable split and end connector. Plus I've read they've improved/changed the housing material and build quality, not sure about that since I haven't used the new one.

Oct 26, 2016 at 11:26 PM Post #7,252 of 7,982

Sorry I don't understand, do you already have the Classics or are you waiting for them ? If the latter could you give your feedback when you receive them telling us if indeed you prefer the classic over the BE please ?
Thanks

Oct 27, 2016 at 12:08 AM Post #7,253 of 7,982

Sorry I don't understand, do you already have the Classics or are you waiting for them ? If the latter could you give your feedback when you receive them telling us if indeed you prefer the classic over the BE please ?
Thanks

He's referring to this: http://post.smzdm.com/p/470390/
Still no info or reviews in English but should be released soon from what I've gathered.

Oct 31, 2016 at 5:40 PM Post #7,255 of 7,982
  any recommendations on who to recable my slowly fading (left earpiece) of my GR07BE which i hold so dearly.....?

http://btg-audio.webs.com/webstore.htm seem to be very highly regarded as far as saving GR07s goes. They'll even do a removable cable mod.

Thanks

I had the Mk. Is, skipped the Mk.IIs for BEs, have Classics on the way, and will be picking up GR07xes when they drop.

Mk.I > BEs, imo, and judged on what I hear about the Classics, I'll likely prefer them to the BEs as well. Time will tell. In any case, I suspect you won't go wrong with either. BEs are still great, great IEMs.

Nov 1, 2016 at 12:24 PM Post #7,256 of 7,982
Had mine a few years and honestly forgot about them. I went through vmoda m100, akgk550, share se215, and most recently Beyer dt770 80ohms. I also just picked up a ibasso dx80. Unfortunately nothing is really impressing me lately. It's not that I've ever heard any high end stuff but I guess I just read too much about the good stuff and desensitize myself haha. Going to give the Gr07 another go tonight with the dx80.

Nov 2, 2016 at 11:05 PM Post #7,259 of 7,982
@ Mozu, ear tips are very IEM and ear dependant so it's very hard to conclude which tips are the best eg. I generally don't really like the Comply tips for it's high frequency roll-off but the Comply TSX200 works best for my Dunu Titan 1/FiiO EX1 where as it doesn't work for my other IEMS, including the GR07 Classic.

As for my GR07 Classic, my personal favourite tips are the large Phonak Audeo grey silicone tips.

Nov 2, 2016 at 11:36 PM Post #7,260 of 7,982
O ya. I've got a freezer bag half full of tips. Just saying to @Rmaza that, GR07-wise and to my ears, the dual-flanges that come with the 07s just kill it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back