VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Dec 1, 2014 at 12:16 AM Post #6,706 of 7,982
Looking at graphs at Innerfidelity:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/VSonicVSD35.pdf
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/VSonicGR07Classic.pdf

It's pretty much identical. In fact all measurements are almost identical, just a slight advantage in Impulse and Distortion figures for the GR07. So FR looks to be very close for the GR07 Classic from these measurements.

EDIT: To expand slightly, The GR07s can be anything from bass light to very bass solid with various tips. I have a few tips that fit rather loosely around the barrel of the GR07, and they don't hold pressure well, which means they can be used to essentially reduce the bass level slightly. Or some tips will focus and hold the bass pressure well, and can provide really satisfying deep, low bass, still controlled and well-proportioned.

Cool, hope you like them. Worst case they might make a very, very nice christmas present. :wink:

Let me know if you should have any particular feelings about their sound once you break them in and I'll be happy to try and  give some tips of what I've found in trying various eartips for hours and hours. Might save you some work atleast.

Upper midrange and lower treble are significantly different between the two. Small changes in that region cause large differences in sound in my experience due to the sensitivity of human hearing in that range.

Dec 1, 2014 at 12:32 AM Post #6,707 of 7,982
^
ehhh if it don't fit you must quit!!! No sense in torturing yourself with it again. Plus YOU GOTS TO LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE HERE!!!

THE VSD5 will be upon us soon, plus the new incoming Havi B6 variants meng. Save the $80 for the latest new hype cuz you can always get these gr07s for around this price nowadays.

IF IT WAS THE GR07 BE (Bass Edition) for this price i would be all over it as well, but the classics are normally only $100 so can be had on the sales forums for this "sales" price normally.

Thanks dude! :)

Dec 1, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #6,708 of 7,982
So, my Vsonic GR07 BE finallly arrived, and they are awesome 
smily_headphones1.gif
 They fit better than my old shure Se215 which i sold because was uncomfortable. At the first listen without the foam they didn't sound much better than the Soundmagic E10......But with the foams is a completely different in-ear 
etysmile.gif
 I use them with an iPhone 6, can they sound better with an amp like the FiiO E11/E11K?

Sorry for my bad english i'm Italian and i'm learning the language right now :p

Dec 1, 2014 at 11:47 AM Post #6,709 of 7,982
So, my Vsonic GR07 BE finallly arrived, and they are awesome :)  They fit better than my old shure Se215 which i sold because was uncomfortable. At the first listen without the foam they didn't sound much better than the Soundmagic E10......But with the foams is a completely different in-ear :etysmile:  I use them with an iPhone 6, can they sound better with an amp like the FiiO E11/E11K?

No it doesnt need an amp so dont waste your money, unless you do have a good headphone to reveal further its potential.....imo.

Dec 1, 2014 at 1:24 PM Post #6,710 of 7,982

smily_headphones1.gif
 They fit better than my old shure Se215 which i sold because was uncomfortable. At the first listen without the foam they didn't sound much better than the Soundmagic E10......But with the foams is a completely different in-ear 
etysmile.gif
 I use them with an iPhone 6, can they sound better with an amp like the FiiO E11/E11K?

Try all the tips that comes with it to find the best fit and sound. Enjoy them, they are glorious. I'm still using mine BE every day. 
beerchug.gif

Dec 1, 2014 at 2:35 PM Post #6,711 of 7,982
  Try all the tips that comes with it to find the best fit and sound. Enjoy them, they are glorious. I'm still using mine BE every day. 
beerchug.gif

I'm embarrassed to say that despite owning the Classics for a long time now, I only recently found THE tips for me, I found a pair of Soundmagic tips from an E10 or E30 that I'd overlooked, very wide barrel but still fit well over the GR07 nozzle.

My god, the soundstage went from "pretty good" to "holy ****, I am in the room", and the treble spikes evened out tremendously well, only a slight bump here and sibilance is now very controlled.

Very worth experimenting with different tips till the cows come home.

Dec 3, 2014 at 12:34 AM Post #6,712 of 7,982
smily_headphones1.gif
etysmile.gif

No they wouldn't improve much with the E11K, unless you like to have an affordable portable amp with bass boost. Overall I think it's a "just fine" portable amp. Nothing really special, and on more analytical cans the E11K show its weakness quite clearly (bass get a bit bloated). I didn't find them improving the sound from my iphone 5 to my Grado gr10, so I don't think you're going to need them for the Gr07. With the money you can save up for another pair of headphones, or save more for a DX50. It's much better than an iPhone.

Dec 4, 2014 at 2:39 AM Post #6,713 of 7,982
I looked closely at Tyll's measurements of the GR07 Classic, Bass Edition and MK1. 

All 3 are tuned differently. With bass edition it's to be expected, but the MK1 and Classic are more different than you would expect coming from what Vsonic has said. This cannot be attributed to mere unit variation as the impedance and sensitivity of each one is different. 

The Classic is a bit easier to drive than the other two. Has a wee bit more bass than the MK1 and slightly different treble and midhigh characteristics due to the different damping factor. 

Bass Edition of the GR07 is not that much bassier than the other two version, the difference is very subtle. The difference is below 40hz and 4db at most. One odd thing about the bass edition is that it has inverted polarity unlike the other two, which means that it may sound a bit less coherent in comparison. 

Dec 4, 2014 at 6:05 AM Post #6,714 of 7,982
  I looked closely at Tyll's measurements of the GR07 Classic, Bass Edition and MK1. 

All 3 are tuned differently. With bass edition it's to be expected, but the MK1 and Classic are more different than you would expect coming from what Vsonic has said. This cannot be attributed to mere unit variation as the impedance and sensitivity of each one is different. 

The Classic is a bit easier to drive than the other two. Has a wee bit more bass than the MK1 and slightly different treble and midhigh characteristics due to the different damping factor. 

Bass Edition of the GR07 is not that much bassier than the other two version, the difference is very subtle. The difference is below 40hz and 4db at most. One odd thing about the bass edition is that it has inverted polarity unlike the other two, which means that it may sound a bit less coherent in comparison. 

It's interesting.

However I don't think the difference is as big or unusual as might seem.

For example, looking at any other example at Innerfidelity where they've measured several headphones in the same line shows sometimes even bigger differences:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/AudezeLCD3sn2312454.pdf
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/AudezeLCD3sn2312260.pdf

The above are 2 Audeze LCD3 with very similar Serial numbers. They seem to have a much bigger difference in certain parameters and attributes, and they're supposed to be the exact same model, one might expect them to have tighter variation due to their much higher prize.

Dec 5, 2014 at 12:33 AM Post #6,715 of 7,982
Never mentioned the changed were big, but these GR07 are slightly tuned differently. Audeze always tweaks their models, so that one is expected, it's a much more complex design. 

Dec 8, 2014 at 1:29 PM Post #6,716 of 7,982
First impression : a lot smoother than imagined. Listened for an hour straight and haven't heard any real sibilance. Not too far from havi b3 in overall sound signature. So far i am really impressed.

Dec 12, 2014 at 7:39 AM Post #6,718 of 7,982

I'm embarrassed to say that despite owning the Classics for a long time now, I only recently found THE tips for me, I found a pair of Soundmagic tips from an E10 or E30 that I'd overlooked, very wide barrel but still fit well over the GR07 nozzle.

My god, the soundstage went from "pretty good" to "holy ****, I am in the room", and the treble spikes evened out tremendously well, only a slight bump here and sibilance is now very controlled.

Very worth experimenting with different tips till the cows come home.

I got a pair of philips iems recently and tried the tip on my vsonic gr07. Wow the soundstage and seperation is on a whole new level!! These iems benefit alot from wide bore tips. Do you know of any place I can get tips similar to the soundmagic ones ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back