VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Dec 22, 2013 at 2:21 PM Post #5,927 of 7,982

so whats if made in china or even africa for that matter??

even iphones and majority of the sony products are made there??

makes no diff to me as long as quaity is good and vsonics have pretty good quality

Here here!

I have loads of good stuff that's made in China. I bought a pair of Astrotec AX-60's from bigbargainonline, and they are excellent IEM's, both in SQ and build quality.

Dec 22, 2013 at 3:37 PM Post #5,928 of 7,982
Friggin hell.  Lost an ear guide on the train last week, lost a flange tip the week before and my foam tips are ruined from wearing them when I play basketball.  Might get some new iems since it's near impossible to get new tips for these.  I really like them as well!  :frowning2: 

Dec 22, 2013 at 3:39 PM Post #5,929 of 7,982
I've taped the ends of my ear guides with black electrical tape. My ear guides never fall off now. But is there a better solution?

Dec 22, 2013 at 3:41 PM Post #5,930 of 7,982
Make your own foam tips, that way at least it is really cheap to replace, or if used when sweating alot try silcones. The Sony ones that came with my XBA3s work well with the GR07s

Dec 22, 2013 at 4:43 PM Post #5,931 of 7,982
  Friggin hell.  Lost an ear guide on the train last week, lost a flange tip the week before and my foam tips are ruined from wearing them when I play basketball.  Might get some new iems since it's near impossible to get new tips for these.  I really like them as well!  :frowning2: 

I ordered some replacement ear guides a month ago and its identical to the original one. I remember someone in the thread said its the same supplier with vsonics. http://www.ebay.com/itm/High-quality-Earloop-Earhook-for-Earphones-Earbuds-Shirt-Clip-/380468243568?pt=US_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item5895acac70

They probably have the tips somewhere in there. Also using some small scotch tape at the ends really helps alot. It will take 2-3 weeks for them to come in the mail considering it ships from China so make sure to order a pair for future losses 

Dec 22, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #5,932 of 7,982

I ordered some replacement ear guides a month ago and its identical to the original one. I remember someone in the thread said its the same supplier with vsonics. http://www.ebay.com/itm/High-quality-Earloop-Earhook-for-Earphones-Earbuds-Shirt-Clip-/380468243568?pt=US_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item5895acac70

They probably have the tips somewhere in there. Also using some small scotch tape at the ends really helps alot. It will take 2-3 weeks for them to come in the mail considering it ships from China so make sure to order a pair for future losses 

WOW Those ear guides are cheap! i seen other ones for more expensive

Dec 22, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #5,933 of 7,982

yea try those spark ear plug foams, if you really want foams

i'm currently using the medium sony hybrids with some samsung eartips (that came stock on the earbuds of my old samsung nexus) underneath (its bigger so it helps give it hold its shape once in the ear )

the sony hybrids i find makes the mids nice and less recessed  despite the mid bass boost.odd but those are my findings. i do lose a bit of sparkle i find but still very nice

Dec 25, 2013 at 3:53 AM Post #5,934 of 7,982
  yea try those spark ear plug foams, if you really want foams

i'm currently using the medium sony hybrids with some samsung eartips (that came stock on the earbuds of my old samsung nexus) underneath (its bigger so it helps give it hold its shape once in the ear )

the sony hybrids i find makes the mids nice and less recessed  despite the mid bass boost.odd but those are my findings. i do lose a bit of sparkle i find but still very nice

i think foams(full foams)completely destroy the bass and reduce the treble too

Dec 25, 2013 at 5:40 AM Post #5,936 of 7,982
Although I'm trying out Sony hybrid tips at the moment. I never found my DIY foam tips lost any bass or treble

Dec 25, 2013 at 5:45 AM Post #5,937 of 7,982
Although I'm trying out Sony hybrid tips at the moment. I never found my DIY foam tips lost any bass or treble

i don't know,maybe the ones bundled with the pair are bad!!

but my brainwavz m3 foam tips alo have similar effect!!

but why is everyone trying sony hybrid tips??are gr07 mk2 tips not fitting u guys??
itoo have sony hybrids but i haven't tried them as gr07 tips fit me easily,i use the largest foam filled tips

Dec 25, 2013 at 5:50 AM Post #5,938 of 7,982
I think the Sony hybrids have a better shape to them than the ones that come with the GR07 BEs

Dec 25, 2013 at 5:54 AM Post #5,939 of 7,982
i don't know,maybe the ones bundled with the pair are bad!!

but my brainwavz m3 foam tips alo have similar effect!!

but why is everyone trying sony hybrid tips??are gr07 mk2 tips not fitting u guys??
itoo have sony hybrids but i haven't tried them as gr07 tips fit me easily,i use the largest foam filled tips
I find the complys and fake olives that come with the GR07 BEs does affect the treble and upper mids but this is greatly reduced if it's put on correctly. Making my own foams has also helped.

I'm kind of liking the hybrids at the moment

Dec 25, 2013 at 5:55 AM Post #5,940 of 7,982
I think the Sony hybrids have a better shape to them than the ones that come with the GR07 BEs

fair enough,,i am fine with bundled ones.

so how many hours have u clocked on these??and whats the sibilance and treble level on these??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back