VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Dec 2, 2013 at 2:37 AM Post #5,776 of 7,982
I use TS-400 Comply tips. They are an ideal match for GR07. Thanks for the video, i will be cautious about it.

Hey guys i really want to know from the hardcore fans of GR07, what other IEM do you graduate to? Given the fact that GR07 is a great IEM.. you gotta graduate to something that brings identical or bett[COLOR=000000]er music to ears. Although i have ordered the GR07 Bass Edition as well yesterday... that's cos of all the great reviews in here plus cos of the good deal. I can spend a few more dollars on another set if IEM.. maybe 300 (plus/minus).. but i am still debating and reading around.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=000000]Few months back when i was researching on upgrading from the GR07 a lot of members pointed me out to Sony MDR-EX1000, but that was pretty expensive then.. but then a debate started that instead of going the Sony MDR-EX1000, it was better to go the Sony MDR-EX 7550 way, has anyone tried out any of these? are they worth getting? Its just that i do want something new, love my gr07 and want another love of my life. :)[/COLOR]
I really don't think anything above the GR07 is necessarily better in SQ unless you go customs. It's just a different sound signature. There are too many compromises with IEMs. I found my path being satisfied by headphones

Dec 2, 2013 at 8:32 AM Post #5,777 of 7,982
I really don't think anything above the GR07 is necessarily better in SQ unless you go customs. It's just a different sound signature. There are too many compromises with IEMs. I found my path being satisfied by headphones

I would entirely disagree with that. There are clearly upgrades from the GR07 available, in the same way that there is an  upgrade path for headphones.

Dec 2, 2013 at 8:53 AM Post #5,778 of 7,982
  I would entirely disagree with that. There are clearly upgrades from the GR07 available, in the same way that there is an  upgrade path for headphones.

Maybe he's quoted with the current price tag of LMUE's $130 in mind? i'm just guessing.
Anyways Joker has referred 2/3 model IEMs alternates to GR07........

Dec 2, 2013 at 11:18 AM Post #5,780 of 7,982
So I'm about to purchase the gr07s but needed to confirm one bit of info before i do.  So my bumper on my iphone 5s is raised about 3.5mm and was wondering if I will run into issues.  I know the 3.5mm jack has a 90 degree bend, but in detailed pictures the jack seems to be raised a bit before the bend starts.  As shown here ( http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81vvoMUWR3L._SL1500_.jpg ) Could someone confirm the measurements of that small bit? 

Dec 2, 2013 at 12:35 PM Post #5,781 of 7,982
  I use TS-400 Comply tips. They are an ideal match for GR07. Thanks for the video, i will be cautious about it.

Hey guys i really want to know from the hardcore fans of GR07, what other IEM do you graduate to? Given the fact that GR07 is a great IEM.. you gotta graduate to something that brings identical or better music to ears. Although i have ordered the GR07 Bass Edition as well yesterday... that's cos of all the great reviews in here plus cos of the good deal. I can spend a few more dollars on another set if IEM.. maybe 300 (plus/minus).. but i am still debating and reading around.
Few months back when i was researching on upgrading from the GR07 a lot of members pointed me out to Sony MDR-EX1000, but that was pretty expensive then.. but then a debate started that instead of going the Sony MDR-EX1000, it was better to go the Sony MDR-EX 7550 way, has anyone tried out any of these? are they worth getting? Its just that i do want something new, love my gr07 and want another love of my life. :)

i personally am a huge fan of the gr07 be edition, to be honest i don't want to "upgrade" even messaging to joker i will paste our conversation hope thats okay. he didn't seem to think there was much "upgrade" from the gr07, and the re400 i own, more like side grades and like different tuning and preferences but in terms of clarity, and technical performance, not really. customs although are a whole other league i don't want to get into that, far to expensive for my wallet to handle. 

heres my question
wow they are phenomenal (GR07 BE) i was expecting a huge bass boost  from the re400s. 

the sheer speed in is jaw dropping

the treble is actually not that siblant as i thought too but the in your opinion how do they compare?

the re400s and the be edition at least? both sound great but i'm just surprised that their $179 compare to the re400s which is $99. 

even though now its on discount at $139. thats quite a bit of price jump.

heres jokers response

Nothing shocking there, I think the RE-400 is about on-par with the GR07 and many other higher-end sets, such as the Shure SE535 ($400) and Westone UM3X ($350). At that level differences are primarily sound signature and tuning, not technical performance. HiFiMan has always been able to do an excellent job with the latter. 

back to me now,
i'm a student on a tight budget (clearly not as tight as i first thought since i'm buying all these iems turbines(50$) re400 ($130) gr07 be (100$) 

so if i'm getting much detail and i dun think i'm gonna bother, but it'd be nice to trade or to do some listening tests/sessions with other iems though, always nice to see how the same song is depicted from a different perspective

Dec 2, 2013 at 2:07 PM Post #5,782 of 7,982
  Maybe he's quoted with the current price tag of LMUE's $130 in mind? i'm just guessing.

Well, telling you frankly i dont mind paying anything under 600 dollars for an IEM, but anything above that i would drop the ball for a high end can. However i am still not sure if a high end can or a portable headphone such as the Beyer 1350 is a justified upgrade over sound compared to GR07

Dec 2, 2013 at 2:09 PM Post #5,783 of 7,982

Coudnt disagree more, but still its a mystery to me, given the fact that GR07 is such a good IEM, i wonder what can quantify its greatness.

Thanks for the reply, but can you pls mentioning what those IEM's were that joker quotes as a possible upgrades?

i personally am a huge fan of the gr07 be edition, to be honest i don't want to "upgrade" even messaging to joker i will paste our conversation hope thats okay. he didn't seem to think there was much "upgrade" from the gr07, and the re400 i own, more like side grades and like different tuning and preferences but in terms of clarity, and technical performance, not really. customs although are a whole other league i don't want to get into that, far to expensive for my wallet to handle. 

heres my question
wow they are phenomenal (GR07 BE) i was expecting a huge bass boost  from the re400s. 

the sheer speed in is jaw dropping

the treble is actually not that siblant as i thought too but the in your opinion how do they compare?

the re400s and the be edition at least? both sound great but i'm just surprised that their $179 compare to the re400s which is $99. 

even though now its on discount at $139. thats quite a bit of price jump.

heres jokers response

Nothing shocking there, I think the RE-400 is about on-par with the GR07 and many other higher-end sets, such as the Shure SE535 ($400) and Westone UM3X ($350). At that level differences are primarily sound signature and tuning, not technical performance. HiFiMan has always been able to do an excellent job with the latter. 

back to me now,
i'm a student on a tight budget (clearly not as tight as i first thought since i'm buying all these iems turbines(50$) re400 ($130) gr07 be (100$) 

so if i'm getting much detail and i dun think i'm gonna bother, but it'd be nice to trade or to do some listening tests/sessions with other iems though, always nice to see how the same song is depicted from a different perspective

Or how about these guys, if you feel you dont feel like ​getting another IEM cos GR07 defeats the entire purpose of the upgrade.. how about gettting a portable headphone.. or even a full size can.
Something like the HD650 or a Vmoda H-80 or even Sennheiser HD25. joker has rated Beyerdynamic DT-1350 and HD25 very high.. and is pretty much under the 300 bracket. I know the IEM and the headphone are a completely different story, but just cos we use IEM doesnt mean we ever wont use a headphone? right!?
So here is the question, i dont want to hate the headphone/portable can after witnessing the greatness of the GR07, hence getting a quality headphone is of equal importance. Anyone on here buys this? If so, whats your best suggestion.

Dec 2, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #5,784 of 7,982
My HE500s and TH600 are clearly leagues better than my GR07s in every way. I haven't heard an IEM that is anywhere near that much better. I've only tried universals and not customs.

Dec 2, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #5,786 of 7,982

I am trying to follow your path.
I ordered the V-Moda V80 and the Beyerdynamics DT1350 both today, they were on a good deal on Amazon. Couldnt let it go.

What are some good amps that you all gentlemen in here use with the GR07? Something that brings the ideal/best sound out of the GR07 and will also work with GR07 BE? Someone suggested C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp.. what else guys give me some more options? Does most of em here prefer C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp?

Dec 3, 2013 at 1:13 AM Post #5,787 of 7,982
I am trying to follow your path.
I ordered the V-Moda V80 and the Beyerdynamics DT1350 both today, they were on a good deal on Amazon. Couldnt let it go.

What are some good amps that you all gentlemen in here use with the GR07? Something that brings the ideal/best sound out of the GR07 and will also work with GR07 BE? Someone suggested C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp.. what else guys give me some more options? Does most of em here prefer C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp?

My amps I use are what you see in my signature. I've heard good things about the C&C BH amp and was thinking to grab one just to try.

Dec 3, 2013 at 1:16 AM Post #5,788 of 7,982
With the GR07 BEs although the sound does improve with an amp and I do carry the bulk around, I'm not so sure that the extra bulk improves it so much that it'd be worthwhile for everyone. As with most things in this hobby, YMMV

Dec 3, 2013 at 3:25 AM Post #5,789 of 7,982
whats up with the vsonic.com??
dosen't even open

is the company fine ?

Dec 3, 2013 at 5:15 AM Post #5,790 of 7,982
whats up with the vsonic.com??
dosen't even open

is the company fine ?

Not surprising. Vsonic have very little if any interest in wanting westerners business, they're more than happy with their customers in China. Sometimes I even wonder if they're aware we have threads here nearing 400 pages praising their products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back