VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Nov 3, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #6,556 of 7,982
Just some very quick impressions

GR07 Classic came in really quick from LMUE's US fulfillment. It's a lot crisper than I remember my originals with cleaner imaging. Vocals have that great in their own bubble effect. Otherwise, the center image is a bit weak. Also a lot more sibilant than I remember, but not unusable. The bass is really clean but it's hella forward and more in quantity than from memory. The bass is always imaged in front of everything. Kind of like the CKR9 actually, which is not my preference. Soundstage height is taller than I remember but depth is generally how I remember it which is to say well layered but not substantial. Channel matching is a bit of a miss in the lower midrange with random tiny spikes on one channel.

Source: iPhone 5S
Additional info: changing tips don't really change the FR in any substantial way through about 7KHz.

Anywho. Good buy for $80. Maroon color is really nice and packaging is classy from the outside.

Nov 4, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #6,557 of 7,982
Just some very quick impressions

GR07 Classic came in really quick from LMUE's US fulfillment. It's a lot crisper than I remember my originals with cleaner imaging. Vocals have that great in their own bubble effect. Otherwise, the center image is a bit weak. Also a lot more sibilant than I remember, but not unusable. The bass is really clean but it's hella forward and more in quantity than from memory. The bass is always imaged in front of everything. Kind of like the CKR9 actually, which is not my preference. Soundstage height is taller than I remember but depth is generally how I remember it which is to say well layered but not substantial. Channel matching is a bit of a miss in the lower midrange with random tiny spikes on one channel.

Source: iPhone 5S
Additional info: changing tips don't really change the FR in any substantial way through about 7KHz.

Anywho. Good buy for $80. Maroon color is really nice and packaging is classy from the outside.

how did you get it from LMUE's for $80? Right now on their online store it costs $97.
So which one do you prefer? Original or Classic?
maybe a better question would be which one has more pros and which one has more cons
i don't remember a whole lot of cons about the original, at least not as much as all these potential downsides that you have listed here for the classic, all i remember was good comments on the originals.

Nov 4, 2014 at 11:21 PM Post #6,558 of 7,982
  how did you get it from LMUE's for $80? Right now on their online store it costs $97.
So which one do you prefer? Original or Classic?
maybe a better question would be which one has more pros and which one has more cons
i don't remember a whole lot of cons about the original, at least not as much as all these potential downsides that you have listed here for the classic, all i remember was good comments on the originals.

They were on sale for $78 a few days ago.

Nov 5, 2014 at 4:12 PM Post #6,559 of 7,982
Just got it a few hours ago. I'm quite impressed with how this sounds coming out of my DX50, D-Zero and iPhone 6. Probably my iPhone would be my favorite right now but it's probably because of the songs I'm using. I thought that they were going to be way too sibilant but no, not at all. I usually don't tolerate it but the lushness of the mids makes me forget everything. The bass is just enough which is wonderful.

Great purchase, I'm so happy I got them on sale too.

Now about those hybrid tips, I know it's already tooo late to buy the GR02 from the LMUE sale but should I try to get the hybrid tips anyway? I don't know what to expect from the GR02 and I don't really need the extra IEM but I'd like to know how different they are with the tips. Also, where can I buy the GR02 WITH the hybrid tips? I'm not sure if the one LMUE has them.

Nov 6, 2014 at 10:24 PM Post #6,560 of 7,982
Not sure if you guys have heard about all Cowon's players.

They make/made a player/media device called Cowon O2 released around 2008? I picked one up for quite a good price on eBay complete in the box with all accessories pretty much in spotless condition, (very happy with the condition actually)

When it arrived today about 5 hours ago I grabbed the first IEM next to me which was GR07 MK2, plugged them in and can't believe the sound coming out of these two pieces of gear put together, the soundstage and detail is right up there.

This unit is the real deal in SQ. I've tried a few other pairings but none quite reach the synergy level GR07 MK2 produce.

If you ever see one around cheap and a fan of GR07, you must, must try these two together.

​About 18 hours with music a charge.

Nov 7, 2014 at 12:22 PM Post #6,562 of 7,982
  for me the bass in the right channel is way lower than in the left channel (happened after ~6 months),

is this common?

I have the gr-07 BE

I have mk2 and same problem,,open a ticket and get them replaced

Nov 7, 2014 at 4:35 PM Post #6,565 of 7,982

i have 3 weeks left

That Chinese build quality is really showing its colors now. 
wink_face.gif

Nov 7, 2014 at 4:42 PM Post #6,567 of 7,982
  I am dissapointed myself...

however looking through this thread, I didn't see any other posts about it 

I normally gauge how well a product is built by looking at how long the warranty lasts for. Many companies choose to end their warranty right around the time they think their product would stop functioning. Seeing 1 Year is a telltale sign. 

Nov 7, 2014 at 11:43 PM Post #6,568 of 7,982
its built fine and has a wire better than any earphone I have owned.

As for chinese built quality u get what u pay.

In 180$ u get what model of senn or shure or sony?U get pure **** at this price in terms of sq.

And wire of gr07 is better than anything put in a sub 200 or 300 iem.

So yeah its a compromise in some aspects

Nov 7, 2014 at 11:43 PM Post #6,569 of 7,982
As I've said earlier somewhere in this thread, the sound quality of the GR07s is really great, but its build quality is really... Chinese. I guess that's a tradeoff we're most likely to accept, due to the "wow factor" that these carry. In fact I suppose this happen to all the other Chinese/Taiwanese brands like Superlux or Soundmagic, since my friend's HD668 die just 3 months after purchase. SQ is great for the price but they break too soon and too often. I've seen 4 pairs of GR07s die in the course of 1 year (luckily none belonged to me), and recabling them is really really risky. 

Nov 8, 2014 at 12:14 AM Post #6,570 of 7,982
yeah,compromise has to be made.

But its not as bad as people are making it out to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back