VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Nov 1, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #6,541 of 7,982
Gents: on the SS/imaging front,how wld you rate on a scale of 10? Between GR07s and B3......

gr07be (from memory)=5. B3=9.  The gr07be's seemed rather 2 dimensional to me, whereas the b3's have width and depth resulting in a more 3d-like stage (imo).

Edit: fixed post.

Nov 1, 2014 at 10:53 PM Post #6,543 of 7,982
Nov 1, 2014 at 11:03 PM Post #6,545 of 7,982
  I think he's talking about this part?

Thanks. My apologies. Post fixed- and please don't drink and post (referring to me lol).

Nov 2, 2014 at 1:40 AM Post #6,546 of 7,982

gr07be (from memory)=5. B3=9.  The gr07be's seemed rather 2 dimensional to me, whereas the b3's have width and depth resulting in a more 3d-like stage (imo).

Thats true,,,it beats gr07 quite easily in that department,,no doubt at all.
The margin is quite wide.

Nov 2, 2014 at 7:15 AM Post #6,547 of 7,982

TY....ordered just GR07 CE tho (for now)....some $$$ being saved for year-end sale,BF,TG,X-Mas deals. :wink: besides vsd5,T10,B3 :rolleyes: :wink:

Nov 2, 2014 at 7:26 AM Post #6,548 of 7,982
Who knows I just might order B3 w/ GR02 BE before the deal ends?....this nasty indecisive habit, that I still have on this B3....:mad:

Nov 2, 2014 at 7:58 AM Post #6,549 of 7,982
Who knows I just might order B3 w/ GR02 BE before the deal ends?....this nasty indecisive habit, that I still have on this B3....
mad.gif

U should have it.................its just

different

Nov 3, 2014 at 2:50 PM Post #6,550 of 7,982
OK, so I've owned the GR07s for about 9 months or so now, and I love them. I've been using the Sony hybrid tips that came with the IEMs (when Vsonic still gave you 10+ tips with the GR07 (the ones on the left):

I've never used any other tips because the GR07 stem is fairly narrow, and most other IEM tips are slightly wider and aren't as secure.

Well I recently got the Havi B3 Pro1, which came with some fairly narrow-step tips. I idly decided to try one of the white silicone-ish tips that came with the Havi on my GR07s, and noticed they fit quite securely and well. They also have pretty much the same stem length as the Sony hybrids, meaning the edge of the tip is as far away from the nozzle. The main difference is that the Havi tips are wider bore, and they are actually "createred in" or carved out in the center (the Sony tips have a sharp edge around the sound hole), and don't focus the sound pressure as centrally as the black Sony Hybrids:

With the Havi tips, the GR07s suddenly have an incredible soundstage. I never knew the GR07s could sound like this. Still as detailed, but rather than the razor-sharp transient focus, they now sound wider, and ever so slightly relaxed and diffused, and with better depth perception, and an even more open feel, to the point where there's no sense of inside or outside head, well-recorded orchestral music sounds utterly holographic and convincing, surrounding you. Admittedly I'm using my most linear pair which has a slightly milder 6K peak and slightly fuller midrange, but I'd imagine any EQ response would still sound wonderful.

Songs I've listened to 100s of times suddenly got that emotional context, the bass even deeper and bigger as you can better feel the room sound of it. I'm so used to the GR07 being to absolutely "hard" and clinical and sharp, this is a great surprise and an invaluable tool for me for getting a different sound from them.

Those who may own both the GR07 and the Havis, try this and report your findings, I'd be nice to hear others impressions on this combination.

Nov 3, 2014 at 2:59 PM Post #6,551 of 7,982
  OK, so I've owned the GR07s for about 9 months or so now, and I love them. I've been using the Sony hybrid tips that came with the IEMs (when Vsonic still gave you 10+ tips with the GR07 (the ones on the left):

I've never used any other tips because the GR07 stem is fairly narrow, and most other IEM tips are slightly wider and aren't as secure.

Well I recently got the Havi B3 Pro1, which came with some fairly narrow-step tips. I idly decided to try one of the white silicone-ish tips that came with the Havi on my GR07s, and noticed they fit quite securely and well. They also have pretty much the same stem length as the Sony hybrids, meaning the edge of the tip is as far away from the nozzle. The main difference is that the Havi tips are wider bore, and they are actually "createred in" or carved out in the center (the Sony tips have a sharp edge around the sound hole), and don't focus the sound pressure as centrally as the black Sony Hybrids:

With the Havi tips, the GR07s suddenly have an incredible soundstage. I never knew the GR07s could sound like this. Still as detailed, but rather than the razor-sharp transient focus, they now sound wider, and ever so slightly relaxed and diffused, and with better depth perception, and an even more open feel, to the point where there's no sense of inside or outside head, well-recorded orchestral music sounds utterly holographic and convincing, surrounding you. Admittedly I'm using my most linear pair which has a slightly milder 6K peak and slightly fuller midrange, but I'd imagine any EQ response would still sound wonderful.

Songs I've listened to 100s of times suddenly got that emotional context, the bass even deeper and bigger as you can better feel the room sound of it. I'm so used to the GR07 being to absolutely "hard" and clinical and sharp, this is a great surprise and an invaluable tool for me for getting a different sound from them.

Those who may own both the GR07 and the Havis, try this and report your findings, I'd be nice to hear others impressions on this combination.

i will right away

Nov 3, 2014 at 3:07 PM Post #6,552 of 7,982
Sorry can't really tell as whites don't fit me properly.
Medium is too small,,,large too big
mad.gif

Nov 3, 2014 at 3:37 PM Post #6,553 of 7,982
  Sorry can't really tell as whites don't fit me properly.
Medium is too small,,,large too big
mad.gif

Well that's too bad. Thanks for trying though. :)

Nov 3, 2014 at 4:31 PM Post #6,555 of 7,982
To me it's a dramatic difference, and I'm a hobby music producer with particular interest in mixing and mastering. I've spent the entire night just listening. The GR07s are so remarkably clean and articulate, with this boost in soundstage, the feeling I get is "I can hear EVERYTHING". While the transients are now slightly more laid back allowing for louder volume and a fuller "background", the dynamics are still very defined and clear.

I'm amazed. I've been playing Imogen Heaps "Hide and Seek" over and over and just letting the vocodered voice wash over me, and when the voice quiets the subtle delays and echoes are crystal clear.
With the other tips the GR07s has a centered image, now things move effortlessly around. I feel like I applied a headphone processing effect.
Obviously depending on ones currently tip choice this might be the sound signature everyone else has already been enjoyed, but for me this is a revelation.

EDIT: I want to have intimate relations with whoever designed this headphone. That is all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back