VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Oct 6, 2014 at 3:10 PM Post #6,498 of 7,982
  in case anyone's still reading this thread is interested in a comparison between the gr07 and the havi b3 pro 1 (a super popular earphone now)

i finally have it up!

Enjoy!

Cool, I happen to own both so I'll give it a listen.

Oct 6, 2014 at 5:41 PM Post #6,499 of 7,982
in case anyone's still reading this thread is interested in a comparison between the gr07 and the havi b3 pro 1 (a super popular earphone now)

i finally have it up!

Enjoy!

+100

Oct 16, 2014 at 1:36 PM Post #6,502 of 7,982
i'm curious to know if there are any iems that have that same "airness" of the GR07.
I own a Dunu dk1000 and I kind prefer the sound signature of it, but I miss the air.
Listening to Jimmy Page and Roberto Plant No Quarter algum, or even the drums of Led Zeppelin's John Bonhan is not the same.
Any suggestions?

Oct 16, 2014 at 1:44 PM Post #6,503 of 7,982
  i'm curious to know if there are any iems that have that same "airness" of the GR07.
I own a Dunu dk1000 and I kind prefer the sound signature of it, but I miss the air.
Listening to Jimmy Page and Roberto Plant No Quarter algum, or even the drums of Led Zeppelin's John Bonhan is not the same.
Any suggestions?

B3's might be a consideration. See 7:57 mark of Tom's video:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/552132/vsonic-gr07-impressions-impressions-thread/6495#post_10939226

Oct 17, 2014 at 12:51 AM Post #6,504 of 7,982
Any suggestions?

Nothing beats the drums of gr07 in sub 200$ range.
And certainly not the b3 pro's but these are very different from my gr07 mk2,,,,buying this won't be a disappointment that i can assure u.

But its weak on treble and lacks the superb timbre of gr07,the background is not totally black but it has a massive soundstage(yeah,u will know once u hear them),,very clean output and almost a flat response.

Its the sub 100$ iem to get if u want something different.

For classical music,country music,psychadelic stuff it even beats gr07 in quite a few tracks.The soundstage is just wonderful

Oct 24, 2014 at 9:28 PM Post #6,505 of 7,982
Ever had those days where you rediscover a piece of audio gear? Happened to me this morning with GR07 MK2.

Hence become my rig for the weekend with DX50 / JDS C421. Not only is this quite detailed and strong technically the marriage between JDS C421 / GR07 put out a nice atmosphere. The kind of vibe you feel  in music not just hear.

Oct 25, 2014 at 7:58 AM Post #6,506 of 7,982

Nothing beats the drums of gr07 in sub 200$ range.
And certainly not the b3 pro's but these are very different from my gr07 mk2,,,,buying this won't be a disappointment that i can assure u.

But its weak on treble and lacks the superb timbre of gr07,the background is not totally black but it has a massive soundstage(yeah,u will know once u hear them),,very clean output and almost a flat response.

Its the sub 100$ iem to get if u want something different.

For classical music,country music,psychadelic stuff it even beats gr07 in quite a few tracks.The soundstage is just wonderful

Yes, I agree with the transient attack of the GR07. Amazing on drums and percussive instruments.

Oct 25, 2014 at 9:52 AM Post #6,507 of 7,982
  Ever had those days where you rediscover a piece of audio gear? Happened to me this morning with GR07 MK2.

Hence become my rig for the weekend with DX50 / JDS C421. Not only is this quite detailed and strong technically the marriage between JDS C421 / GR07 put out a nice atmosphere. The kind of vibe you feel  in music not just hear.

Ha...you got yourself another pair of GR07s?   Nice.
beerchug.gif

Oct 25, 2014 at 10:32 AM Post #6,508 of 7,982

Ha...you got yourself another pair of GR07s?   Nice.
beerchug.gif

Yes, I had that one on loan a few months ago for comparisons, after hearing them again I offered the loan member a price he couldn't refuse. The fee for me was well worth the enjoyment factor they give me. Plus, I enjoy revisiting old IEM with new sources I've obtained along the way. GR07 can get up and go with that DX50 / JDS C421 rig. 
wink.gif

Oct 25, 2014 at 1:10 PM Post #6,509 of 7,982

Haha glad you enjoy the gr07. I only have the BE version and its still my favorite earphone of all time. But i was always intrigued on how the mk ll sounds like. And i think it would actually be perfect. I think that little drop in bass would help the mids breathe more freely

Oct 25, 2014 at 1:23 PM Post #6,510 of 7,982
Haha glad you enjoy the gr07. I only have the BE version and its still my favorite earphone of all time. But i was always intrigued on how the mk ll sounds like. And i think it would actually be perfect. I think that little drop in bass would help the mids breathe more freely

We live in similar worlds as I've not heard the BE! The thought of extra bass for the signature has not peaked my interest.,I would like to hear the Classic one day. You would be surprised some pricey IEM I've heard that can't hold a candle to GR07. That alone is enough to keep them here and lifts my respect for the organic Vsonic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back