VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Aug 2, 2014 at 12:43 PM Post #6,331 of 7,982
I think Skies saying "no old or new tuning" was meant from a design and technical aspect. At the same time, like you said autoexec, to what degree the cable made a difference is debatable, considering how much variance there can be within the exact same product/specs/materials with everything identical. Unless someone gets hold of 3-4 Mk2s and 3-4 Classics and does a comparison with more datapoints it will be almost impossible to know for sure. For the record I've never heard the original or Mk2 batches. :)

Aug 6, 2014 at 5:14 PM Post #6,332 of 7,982
  I think Skies saying "no old or new tuning" was meant from a design and technical aspect. At the same time, like you said autoexec, to what degree the cable made a difference is debatable, considering how much variance there can be within the exact same product/specs/materials with everything identical. Unless someone gets hold of 3-4 Mk2s and 3-4 Classics and does a comparison with more datapoints it will be almost impossible to know for sure. For the record I've never heard the original or Mk2 batches. :)

My GR07 mk2 sounded a lot less sibilant than my GR07 mk1. In fact, my mk1 sounded not at all like most people's reports of the mk1, with my pair lacking bite and any semblance of a treble peak. I agree that the differences here can be explained by unit variation, which seems to be much more common than most people realize.

Aug 6, 2014 at 5:42 PM Post #6,333 of 7,982

My GR07 mk2 sounded a lot less sibilant than my GR07 mk1. In fact, my mk1 sounded not at all like most people's reports of the mk1, with my pair lacking bite and any semblance of a treble peak. I agree that the differences here can be explained by unit variation, which seems to be much more common than most people realize.

According to Rin, the peak at 6.5khz is caused by mechanical resonance so i would think that no matter the variance it would be impossible to completely get rid of it. I am not saying that i don't believe you, but i do think that your pair must have been a very rare case indeed. 

Aug 6, 2014 at 5:51 PM Post #6,334 of 7,982
According to Rin, the peak at 6.5khz is caused by mechanical resonance so i would think that no matter the variance it would be impossible to completely get rid of it. I am not saying that i don't believe you, but i do think that your pair must have been a very rare case indeed. 

Yeah I think there may have been an issue with the foam dampening attenuating the treble far too much. It was just very muted overall, lacking emphasis and clarity compared to what I'd imagine most people get from the GR07, and from what I experienced with the mk2.

Aug 7, 2014 at 4:52 PM Post #6,336 of 7,982
So then the question is... A 4th pair of GR07 Classics? Choices, choices.

Aug 7, 2014 at 9:32 PM Post #6,338 of 7,982
My GR07 is cutting out in the left ear. Have ordered a new one and Going to try recable this one

Aug 8, 2014 at 9:14 AM Post #6,340 of 7,982
This **** always happens to me, as soon as i order an iem, there is a special discount or a price drop. This is the third time in a row now 
tongue.gif

Aug 8, 2014 at 1:26 PM Post #6,345 of 7,982
Having problems getting a good fit on my GR-07s with the stock tips. None of them fit well, and I end up having to push them into my ear every few minutes. Strangely my cheap Samsung IEMs that came with my Samsung S4 can stay in all day, and they're one-size-fits-all. So what gives? Is there an aftermarket tip that can get a more reliable fit? I'm sick of these things falling out of my ear all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back