VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Nov 17, 2012 at 1:15 PM Post #4,426 of 7,982
Quote:
I was fiddling with tips in my GR07 just now and I noticed that the right shell strain relief (small black plastic piece between the shell body and the cable, where the cable enters the shell) is a bit loose, more than the one on the left side. I remember reading about others here that had this problem a long time ago, and I think the advisable action is to use a bit of superglue to secure it back in it's place, before bigger problems may come from there, right?

Yeah, be careful. That happened with my very first GR07, and I think I used too much glue. Over time the glue must have seeped into the driver.

Nov 19, 2012 at 8:17 AM Post #4,433 of 7,982
Quote:
Sounds like a serious reliability issue. I won't be buying another one, then. Will save up for the Tzar 350. For $150 it's not a terrible value even with these flaws. I thoroughly enjoyed them while they worked.

It doesn't seem to be a serious issue to me, as I've seen it being mentioned maybe a couple of times here. Anyway, if it's still under warranty, just send it to the seller. If not, contact VSONIC directly, as they may solve your problem even without warrany, as they did before at least once with another member here... 

Nov 19, 2012 at 3:37 PM Post #4,436 of 7,982
I received my new mkii.   Based on my comparison, I'm guessing it's identical to the mki except for the cable.  The mkii highs have that little extra bit of sparkle I've come to associate with silver cables.  The bass sounds fine, though not quite as full as my mki.  I can probably chalk that up to its being brand new vs the 6 month old mki.  I suspect the bass will sound the same after a break in period.  All in all, they sound very similar.  I would easily recommend either over just about every other IEM I've tried.

Bob

Nov 20, 2012 at 12:36 AM Post #4,440 of 7,982
I know there's always people having a hard time replacing their Vsonic GR07 tips. But! Not anymore!

Look what uncle H20 found on ebay!

ORIGINAL Vsonic tips sold separately. And.....X1 pair of T400 comply thrown in! *brain melt down*

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Sets-Of-Replacement-In-Ear-Earbuds-Tips-Ear-Tips-For-in-ear-Earphone-/170751881783?pt=US_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item27c19af237

Users who are viewing this thread

Back