VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Oct 29, 2011 at 3:23 AM Post #1,727 of 7,982
@iPodHappy: Funny you ask my friend. Mine were purchased through this seller, and were shipped directly from Hong Kong. He still happens to be the least expensive one on eBay. You could try contacting him if you wish to not purchase through eBay, but I purchased through him only after confirming with others in this very thread, who also purchased theirs from the very same seller without any trouble. Quick turn around time too for an overseas transaction (in my case), I might add. 
smile.gif

Oct 29, 2011 at 1:58 PM Post #1,731 of 7,982
The newer version comes with 800 million different tips but a soft pouch; the old version comes with the more typical handful of tips, but a nicer hard clamshell case. When I had the opportunity, I went for the old version purely because I severely prefer a hard clamshell case for IEMs. The actual earphones themselves shouldn't be any different from a sonic standpoint.

Oct 29, 2011 at 3:04 PM Post #1,736 of 7,982
They practically are sony hybrids (including the sony isolation tips, which are hybrids with a foam interior), albeit with a slightly wider bore.

Oct 29, 2011 at 3:26 PM Post #1,737 of 7,982
Take the new version. That hard box is simply too small for those GR07. It is ok for some Hifiman RE0 earphones but not GR07 which are bigger and need more space because of ear holders. 

Some guys had also mention that the new ear holders are better. So now, lets look back to your question, and see what do we have ?

Old version :  

*Small hard case

New Version :

*Much more ear-tips, including foam sony hybrids (which are great).
*Better ear holders 
*Handy adapter

There is no big deal finding a nice hard case. There are lots of these cases in your nearby supermarket. It's much harder finding all those ear-tips and ear-holders.

Oct 29, 2011 at 3:31 PM Post #1,738 of 7,982
I have the older ones and the case is perfect, but I don;t use the ear guides. myself, loving to experiment with tons of tips, I would go with the new one. And cases are readily available. Good point

Oct 29, 2011 at 3:32 PM Post #1,739 of 7,982
Here's the funny thing, just for kicks, i switched back to the (Large) Original Vsonic tips, and I'm Loving them. Go Figure

Oct 29, 2011 at 3:38 PM Post #1,740 of 7,982
The included hard case works for me too, though I also don't use the ear guides. I use the stock large tips, and it seems to be working just fine, though I haven't really experimented with tips. I am tempted to get some Hybrids, though I don't really feel a need to.

It's true that cases are readily available, but so are tips.

It's a personal preference which accessory set you prefer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back