VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Oct 29, 2011 at 3:38 PM Post #1,741 of 7,982
Has anyone Noticed, over time "Burn In" maybe, that the highs improve. I seem to be getting a bit more weight and less "Hot' with all tips

Oct 29, 2011 at 5:31 PM Post #1,742 of 7,982
Well, there's just another thing I forgot to mention, which is also very important for me. If I go for the older model, I can buy it in Europe, and avoid customs. But if I go for the newer model, I have to buy them from Hong-Kong, which is very likely to stop at customs here, and I'd have to pay some extra taxes and fees... 
frown.gif

Oct 29, 2011 at 5:36 PM Post #1,743 of 7,982
I just got the new pakaging version with all the tips but I did not get the mini to 1/4 adapter. I got them from Amazon. No big deal just a heads up.

Oct 29, 2011 at 6:13 PM Post #1,744 of 7,982

Quote:
Well, there's just another thing I forgot to mention, which is also very important for me. If I go for the older model, I can buy it in Europe, and avoid customs. But if I go for the newer model, I have to buy them from Hong-Kong, which is very likely to stop at customs here, and I'd have to pay some extra taxes and fees... 
frown.gif

Well, you could get the new stock from Frogbeats, which is UK-based, I think...but it appears as though they're out of stock right now.  Not sure when they'll be back in stock.

Oct 29, 2011 at 6:24 PM Post #1,745 of 7,982
Wow, thanks! Nice store. But I can't seem to find any GR07 there, maybe because they're out of stock, as you mentioned... 
rolleyes.gif

Edit: Btw, do you remember their price there?

Quote:
Well, you could get the new stock from Frogbeats, which is UK-based, I think...but it appears as though they're out of stock right now.  Not sure when they'll be back in stock.

Oct 29, 2011 at 6:37 PM Post #1,747 of 7,982

Quote:
Here's the funny thing, just for kicks, i switched back to the (Large) Original Vsonic tips, and I'm Loving them. Go Figure

I have tried all of the tips that you have, except the Hifiman biflange.  I have gone full circle, liked the original Vsonic tips initilally.  Then ordered all of the others available.  Liked the large green, Phonaks did something funny to the sound.  I ordered some large clear tips from earphones plus, CA, they are darn good, kinda my reference for now.  But I also use the Large Original Vsonic tips and l Like them very much now, maybe the change is the 200 plus hours I have on the GR07's.

I am finding that larger tips can enhance the bass response!

Oct 29, 2011 at 6:54 PM Post #1,748 of 7,982

Quote:
One thing I've been trying to articulate about the GR07 is how its "warmth" is tuned.  It's sounds very ethereal to my ears.. one can sense it but can't really "point out" where it's at.  Aside from the general sound signature, detail, and bass.. the ethereal nature of this warmth is one of the most intriguing aspects of the phone to me.  Combine that with the very refined, equally ethereal, delicate nature of how the "smoothness" is tuned.. it's no wonder why I enjoy them so much.

I agree and relate to this.  

Also the bass continues to impress; it's just phenomenal.  Deep, textured and articulate.  Not quite EX1000 quality but its prominence in the sound sig sits really well with me.

Oct 29, 2011 at 7:29 PM Post #1,749 of 7,982
Anyone heard the Coldplay "Mylo Xyloto" track 13, "Don't Let It Break Your Heart", awsome full range sound with great sub bass on the GR07...........

Oct 29, 2011 at 9:36 PM Post #1,753 of 7,982
The reason GR07 is OOS in many stores like frogbeats and lendmeurears, is because GR06 was just released. Production capacity is being utilized for GR02 Silver Cable version and GR06 at the moment.

This is also why GR01 release date has been pushed back 3 weeks to the end of November. Despite what you assume, VSonic's production capacity is not very high, sometimes just a few sets per day. 

As to how the GR07 was tuned, in response to FlySweep's curiosity, the frequency response curve of the GR07 is modeled after a set of Grande Utopia Beryllium speakers that the CEO of VSonic has in his office. The engineers were asked to scan and test for the frequency response curve of the Utopias, then they were ordered to make the GR07 sound like that. 

Sources from VSonic CEO 郁夏峰's weibo and websites. 

Oct 29, 2011 at 10:43 PM Post #1,755 of 7,982

Quote:
Wow, thanks! Nice store. But I can't seem to find any GR07 there, maybe because they're out of stock, as you mentioned... 
rolleyes.gif

Edit: Btw, do you remember their price there?

I have a link to it if you check out the first post in this thread!

Quote:
The reason GR07 is OOS in many stores like frogbeats and lendmeurears, is because GR06 was just released. Production capacity is being utilized for GR02 Silver Cable version and GR06 at the moment.

This is also why GR01 release date has been pushed back 3 weeks to the end of November. Despite what you assume, VSonic's production capacity is not very high, sometimes just a few sets per day. 

As to how the GR07 was tuned, in response to FlySweep's curiosity, the frequency response curve of the GR07 is modeled after a set of Grande Utopia Beryllium speakers that the CEO of VSonic has in his office. The engineers were asked to scan and test for the frequency response curve of the Utopias, then they were ordered to make the GR07 sound like that. 

Sources from VSonic CEO 郁夏峰's weibo and websites. 

Oh, I don't think I know anything about the GR01 or GR06 - any details anywhere about these?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back