VSONIC GR07 Classic Color 2014 Edition: Unboxing and first impressions
Feb 21, 2014 at 10:28 PM Post #91 of 310
  The CCAW drivers have nothing to do with it - the original gr07 versions have CCAW drivers, the other vsonics like gr06 an gr04 also have CCAW drivers. Bio-cellulose is the diaphragm material - not the driver itself. And that's when the confusion comes coz there's no way to know whether the diaphragm on the classics is bio-cellulose unless Vsonic confirms it officially. Like back in the day with the Gr04 flagship , which was vsonic's second flagship after gr07. People never got that question answered - if the gr04 flagship is 100 bucks and a flagship model is the diaphragm also bio-cellulose or not? Honestly, because the gr04 flagship was so discounted after its discontinuing I never thought much about that and I guess if the Gr07 Classics sound good and sell for 50 bucks in a year or two people will give it a rest but because the current price is so close to the Gr07's discounted price on LMUE (or even about almost the same from bigbargainonline) people start worrying too much and don't want to buy then. If LMUE never had that sale or if they just had it as initially planned for 2 weeks last summer instead of being tricked by vsonic's announcements to continue it for close to 8 months, now people would be deciding between a 100 bucks for the Classics or 180 for the older versions and they wouldn't be so set on having the exact same iem with the exact same materials used and the exact same sound for almost half the price.

Well concluding what you've said about the CCAW drivers, that doesn't make Lendmeurears wrong in anyway what they have stated, which was my original thoughts.

I dunno guys, I trust Lendmeurears judgment, especially after what Kova said about the CCAW drivers etc. I'll stick with that, on the basis I think it would be extremely damaging for a company like Lendmeurears to openly lie when they're well aware I am copy and pasting their responses in public, their reputation on Head-Fi is far more valuable than selling a few GR07 Classic units. I can understand you wanting to wait for something official though.

Feb 21, 2014 at 10:50 PM Post #92 of 310
Well I am sure that at some point joker will review them.

I/we reckon joker do A/B comparison with mkii and classic if he can than auditioning the classic alone with mkii sound from his memory,imho. And at the earliest possible time than one point of time.......

Feb 21, 2014 at 11:29 PM Post #93 of 310
Well concluding what you've said about the CCAW drivers, that doesn't make Lendmeurears wrong in anyway what they have stated, which was my original thoughts.

I dunno guys, I trust Lendmeurears judgment, especially after what Kova said about the CCAW drivers etc. I'll stick with that, on the basis I think it would be extremely damaging for a company like Lendmeurears to openly lie when they're well aware I am copy and pasting their responses in public, their reputation on Head-Fi is far more valuable than selling a few GR07 Classic units. I can understand you wanting to wait for something official though.

Yes they are one of the trusted seller here and have their own reputation in our community. And the sell legit cans not counterfeits nor clones for that matter.Infact they sell cheaper to other online resellers for sure.pls everyone take a note of it whoever want to buy from them.........we 3 are discussing about just a small tech fuss that will be clarified by respective owner and no way are degrading or de-promoting any model or brand in any way.......hope that clears.

So if you plan to order the classics pls dont give a second thought just grab them. No way disappointed for that price.

Feb 25, 2014 at 4:19 PM Post #94 of 310
I buyed (waiting to receive) the bundle from LMUE gr07classic + gr06 and the Dunu dn-12 trident, and will make a comparisson on those, as well as the older iphone 4 buds, and the sennheiser hd280 pro, that are my trustworthy cans, I use for monitoring with my homestudio.

If anyone have the gr07 mk2 or be and want me to compare them with the classics, let me know! (I can pay for postage both ways, I live in Norway)

Feb 25, 2014 at 8:03 PM Post #95 of 310
My friend just happened to have both a VSonic GR07MKII and GR07 Classic. The GR07 Classic is to replace his GR07 MKII which has a loose connection (though still perfectly reasonable for a review)

I am a BA200 user, but I hold the GR07 MKII in equally high regard. The GR07 MKII wows me with its quick yet natural bass, sweet mids and extended highs, though it is just as revealing of sibilance as the BA200.

With the release of the GR07 Classic, there is an announcement that they might not be bio-celulose drivers. However, the email to LMUE from VSonic does state that it does have bio-celulose drivers. The proof of the pudding is in the sound, so let me get on to my review of the GR07 Classic.

I like the bass, for a dynamic it is quick, with impact that should satisfy most people and feels really natural. The mids are a little less forward, but carries great clarity and a very natural note thickness. The treble is well extended but tends to be a little hot on some tracks, and without burn in it can be really harsh to many. Soundstage is nice and wide, and instrument separation is good.

Comparing to the MKII, they have equal technical ability, and they sound really similar. The only discernable difference for me lies in the mids. For me, the mids of the Classic is a bit more recessed compared to the MKII. The MKII is known for slightly forward mids compared to the original, so I would say the GR07 Classic really resembles the original more in terms of sound signature.

Yes I love the GR07 MKII, but listening to the GR07 Classic, I find myself loving the classic equally. At that price, I think it is really good value and I am really contemplating hard to get a set for myself.

Feb 26, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #96 of 310
My friend just happened to have both a VSonic GR07MKII and GR07 Classic. The GR07 Classic is to replace his GR07 MKII which has a loose connection (though still perfectly reasonable for a review)

I am a BA200 user, but I hold the GR07 MKII in equally high regard. The GR07 MKII wows me with its quick yet natural bass, sweet mids and extended highs, though it is just as revealing of sibilance as the BA200.

With the release of the GR07 Classic, there is an announcement that they might not be bio-celulose drivers. However, the email to LMUE from VSonic does state that it does have bio-celulose drivers. The proof of the pudding is in the sound, so let me get on to my review of the GR07 Classic.

I like the bass, for a dynamic it is quick, with impact that should satisfy most people and feels really natural. The mids are a little less forward, but carries great clarity and a very natural note thickness. The treble is well extended but tends to be a little hot on some tracks, and without burn in it can be really harsh to many. Soundstage is nice and wide, and instrument separation is good.

Comparing to the MKII, they have equal technical ability, and they sound really similar. The only discernable difference for me lies in the mids. For me, the mids of the Classic is a bit more recessed compared to the MKII. The MKII is known for slightly forward mids compared to the original, so I would say the GR07 Classic really resembles the original more in terms of sound signature.

Yes I love the GR07 MKII, but listening to the GR07 Classic, I find myself loving the classic equally. At that price, I think it is really good value and I am really contemplating hard to get a set for myself.

Your impressions match my own. I am glad more people are getting to hear these for what they are; a great sounding in-ear at a great price. :) Can't wait for my friend's GR07 to arrive to I can compare them. 

From my OP. 
"They aren't as warm as I expected, coming from the Hifiman RE0. No enhanced bass, no enhanced treble, mids sound a little recessed but not enough to distract me from the overal experience. The mids are less recessed than the RE0 though. They respond well to my Headstage Arrow's bassboost. They're not as sparkly as the RE0 but offer more overal body and weight. Sibilance is noticeable and they sound a bit shouty and spitty with hotter tracks. They're not as smooth as my Sony MHC1. The RE0 is much brighter and thinner overal, lacking body compared to the GR07 CCE."

Mar 4, 2014 at 1:10 AM Post #98 of 310
can any one compare them with the cheap vsd1s or vsd1.
are they worth of extra 60$? or they mostly the same ?

I dont think so. ....May be you can try new models from vsonic which are more advanced and hyped to rival times 4its price.

Mar 4, 2014 at 4:07 AM Post #99 of 310

Thanks for the info.. and sounds like the classic is a steal then! :wink:

Your impressions match my own. I am glad more people are getting to hear these for what they are; a great sounding in-ear at a great price. :) Can't wait for my friend's GR07 to arrive to I can compare them. 

From my OP. 
"They aren't as warm as I expected, coming from the Hifiman RE0. No enhanced bass, no enhanced treble, mids sound a little recessed but not enough to distract me from the overal experience. The mids are less recessed than the RE0 though. They respond well to my Headstage Arrow's bassboost. They're not as sparkly as the RE0 but offer more overal body and weight. Sibilance is noticeable and they sound a bit shouty and spitty with hotter tracks. They're not as smooth as my Sony MHC1. The RE0 is much brighter and thinner overal, lacking body compared to the GR07 CCE."

Do you mean the MH1C?  they are cheap in ebay.. hmm, maybe I´ll pick up one down the line.. will see first how mines do when the arrive.

can any one compare them with the cheap vsd1s or vsd1.
are they worth of extra 60$? or they mostly the same ?

joker´s review here: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/more-less-vsonic-vsd1-and-vsd1s   <-- read the wrap up section at page 2.

If you're completely new to listening to in ear or even over the ear, then just get these and save some cash. You will be thrilled! :)    but if you have already listened to others (those that came with you phone doesn't count), and are already created a standard for yourself, then check reviews of the ones you have and check if they are similar, better or way worse than any you contemplate to buy... if you´ve been spoiled before, maybe you should go for something higher in price (and quality).

also check headphonelist´s review of the sony mh1c, and read the comparison with the vsonic vsd1 and withe the vc02

oh.. btw, in a gr06 review, someone recommended to get the gr06 over the vsd1-vsd1s if they are looking for punchy bass but also pretty forward mids, so this is what the gr06 has to bring over the vsd1-s..   and then the gr07 brings over the gr06 more treble clarity, details and quantity.  Also a very good description of the gr06 is that you can hear 70-80% of the details heard on the gr07, and for 40% the price of the gr07, are they very impressive!. :)

I hope I could help :)

I dont think so. ....May be you can try new models from vsonic which are more advanced and hyped to rival times 4its price.

well, thats always an option, but not everyone got that kind of money! :wink:   (I was considering buying lots of models, and return those I didn't like that much, but can't get the expensive ones, even if Im not going to keep them.!) :p

Mar 4, 2014 at 12:10 PM Post #100 of 310

Thanks for the info.. and sounds like the classic is a steal then! :wink:

Do you mean the MH1C?  they are cheap in ebay.. hmm, maybe I´ll pick up one down the line.. will see first how mines do when the arrive.

joker´s review here: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/more-less-vsonic-vsd1-and-vsd1s   <-- read the wrap up section at page 2.

If you're completely new to listening to in ear or even over the ear, then just get these and save some cash. You will be thrilled! :)    but if you have already listened to others (those that came with you phone doesn't count), and are already created a standard for yourself, then check reviews of the ones you have and check if they are similar, better or way worse than any you contemplate to buy... if you´ve been spoiled before, maybe you should go for something higher in price (and quality).

also check headphonelist´s review of the sony mh1c, and read the comparison with the vsonic vsd1 and withe the vc02

oh.. btw, in a gr06 review, someone recommended to get the gr06 over the vsd1-vsd1s if they are looking for punchy bass but also pretty forward mids, so this is what the gr06 has to bring over the vsd1-s..   and then the gr07 brings over the gr06 more treble clarity, details and quantity.  Also a very good description of the gr06 is that you can hear 70-80% of the details heard on the gr07, and for 40% the price of the gr07, are they very impressive!. :)

I hope I could help :)

thanks i am a newcomer and i own SM30 and E18 and She9700 so i cant completely grasp what people are saying your words were very helpful. 

Mar 6, 2014 at 5:45 AM Post #101 of 310

thanks i am a newcomer and i own SM30 and E18 and She9700 so i cant completely grasp what people are saying your words were very helpful. 

you welcome!.. Im even newer here than you I believe... my 2 last in ear were sony ericsson k750i cellphone buds + iphone 4 buds, so I have no idea! :p   (over the ear, I have sennheiser hd280 pro though... cheap but good enough as reference for home studio work and listening to music from Spotify (paid version.. 320kbps files), and watching movies.

But today is a good day!... I was on my way to bed (after being awake all night), and the door bell rang!... the DHL guy delivered a sweet package! :wink:

Inside: (sorry for crappy pic)

The Vsonic GR07 classic (though sticks still say MKII), but they are brown..   the GR06 with lots of plugs, and the Dunu Tridend DN-12

Though I have to go to bed for some hours, tonight I will do some better photos of them,  and write some "first impressions", as well as compare them to the iphone 4 buds and the sennheiser hd280 pro, though it isn't an iem, but sound is sound isn't it?

-B-

Mar 6, 2014 at 8:12 AM Post #102 of 310
you welcome!.. Im even newer here than you I believe... my 2 last in ear were sony ericsson k750i cellphone buds + iphone 4 buds, so I have no idea! :p   (over the ear, I have sennheiser hd280 pro though... cheap but good enough as reference for home studio work and listening to music from Spotify (paid version.. 320kbps files), and watching movies.

But today is a good day!... I was on my way to bed (after being awake all night), and the door bell rang!... the DHL guy delivered a sweet package! :wink:

Inside: (sorry for crappy pic)

The Vsonic GR07 classic (though sticks still say MKII), but they are brown..   the GR06 with lots of plugs, and the Dunu Tridend DN-12

Though I have to go to bed for some hours, tonight I will do some better photos of them,  and write some "first impressions", as well as compare them to the iphone 4 buds and the sennheiser hd280 pro, though it isn't an iem, but sound is sound isn't it?

-B-

Cool.....welcome to vsonic family. If possible give a basic A/B comparison between 6 & 7 after a fine 150-200 hrs burn-in....

Mar 7, 2014 at 1:25 AM Post #103 of 310
Cool.....welcome to vsonic family. If possible give a basic A/B comparison between 6 & 7 after a fine 150-200 hrs burn-in....

Will do!... in fact have been listening to them for some hours now, with great songs, but it is hard to compare!, even with the Dunu in the mix! (cause yes, even the dunu being the cheapest, its the one with a tad more bass, and in some tracks, its nice to have a bit of bass instead of highs!, but again may just be some tracks!)  I´ll need some more days at it, to do the best comparison possible.

What do you guys think of this songs for testing purposes?  any other recommendations?

Have you some recommendations of songs?... the ones I will include are:  (all at 320kbps from Spotify premium with the iphone 4)     by the way.. the iphone 4 at least got 16 steps volume... i will have it at 13 and at 14. (maybe 14 is to much?.) :p 

Heather Nova  -  Gloomy Sunday 
                                         Dave Matthews Band -  So Much To Say        (and/or   Gaucho)
                                                       Al Di Meola  -  Adios Nonino
      Paco De Lucia, Al Di Meola, John McLaughlin  -  Beyond the Mirage    (and/or   Manha de Carnaval)
                                                                Sade  -  Smooth Operator       (and/or  Jezebel)

And then some more noise:

Rage Against The Machine  -  Bombtrack     (have also the flac at the pc, may give it a test as a side note)
                                            System Of A Down -  Chop Suey      (and/or  Toxicity)

believe I will do a fast comparison after the weekend, and then in two weeks, giving them all 200 hours of burn in a more thoroughly test.

Mar 8, 2014 at 5:09 AM Post #104 of 310

And this makes me sad. I was kinda hoping that the classic would retain the sweet mids of the gr07 as I need a back-up pair.

Mar 8, 2014 at 7:40 AM Post #105 of 310
  the classic would retain the sweet mids of the gr07

Could someone pls clarify for me something I have not yet figured out about mids in general and more specifically GR07.

I listen to a wide range of music, jazz, blues, soul and a lot of electronica but not much rock.  I LOVE female vocals so mids are obviously important to me.  I would not classify myself as a basshead but I like bass especially for the electronic stuff of course.  Where would I fall wrt sound signature? Would the GR07 BE better or the Classic or the MKII?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back