VSONIC GR07 Classic Color 2014 Edition: Unboxing and first impressions
Feb 21, 2014 at 11:47 AM Post #76 of 310
I have a further update for everyone. Vsonic have confirmed for a second time GR07 Classic is using bio-cellulose drivers.

You can see the reply I recently received from Lendmeurears.

So I can't answer anymore, where they're getting the drivers, what happened between Vsonic and Sony (if anything) but now after asking Lendmeurears to follow up Vsonic have confirmed twice they're using bio-cellulose on GR07 Classic, I've done all I can and have no idea where other people are receiving their information. So I hope that clears up some things in the air. Knowing this I might go ahead and grab a pair of the Classics, as I only ever tried MK2 never the origin[/B

Yeah and if vsonic ceo officially confirms the same its really worth buying at current price tag of classics.And the hunt for exact remaining tips from the original stock(classic) is a little chalenge then. Else we can order the bundle offer of classic with GR06 from LMUE to obtain those,as its all the same kind of tips.........I guess.

I might not know or not sure whether vsonic has a member of trade account to shed light to the queries here and post about their updates just like fiio.I think its needed atleast at this hour(if not in the past) as this is the place for their international market next to their native,then falls the rest.

Feb 21, 2014 at 11:50 AM Post #77 of 310
Well I am not doubting what lendmeurears is stating however it would be nice to see a confirmation of this from VSonic. It would only take a short amount of time for them to do this.....until then I would be skeptical.

Feb 21, 2014 at 12:20 PM Post #78 of 310
Well I am not doubting what lendmeurears is stating however it would be nice to see a confirmation of this from VSonic. It would only take a short amount of time for them to do this.....until then I would be skeptical.

They stated that they won't be disclosing the materials used for the diaphragms of their new models, so it's not a matter of time or laziness - they've just decided not to do it. It's possible that they had bio-cellulose left but even if they used something else that doesn't automatically mean that the material used is inferior. They already stated they've been experimenting with a lot of materials and even stated that the super confidential material they'll be using for their VSD9 flagship is superior. Just because bio-cellulose turned out to work great few years ago doesn't mean that there aren't equal or better materials available nowadays and everyone should still be hung on that bio-cellulose hype - the industry is moving on and even sony has moved on, so IMO one shouldn't base his purchase solely on the fact whether a company is using a material from several years ago or something else. 

Feb 21, 2014 at 12:47 PM Post #79 of 310
I think that you completely missed the point. I could careless what is used for the drivers.

There was a response from lendmeurears stating that the drivers are the same as the original gr07 and that VSonic does not have the time to make a statement. My point is if you are someone who cares (which I don't as I never intend to purchase uiems) I would be skeptical until VSonic themselves release information.

Feb 21, 2014 at 12:59 PM Post #80 of 310
Whats really in question here is whether the classics has the B-C diaphragm drivers or not,just like its predecessors.......no offense or whatsoever. This is their curren international flagship model(gr07) which brought vsonic to limelight and there should'nt be any stain to that image and it should be wiped off by confolirming offi
cially imho.

This is like an automobile manufacturer launched a variant to its current successfully model but hided to reveal whats under the hood though it has little facelift and trim difference.,externally.

Feb 21, 2014 at 1:18 PM Post #81 of 310
I think that you completely missed the point. I could careless what is used for the drivers.

There was a response from lendmeurears stating that the drivers are the same as the original gr07 and that VSonic does not have the time to make a statement. My point is if you are someone who cares (which I don't as I never intend to purchase uiems) I would be skeptical until VSonic themselves release information.

Not really missing the point. They point is that Vsonic does not want to share officially what material they've used. That's it - it' not a matter of whether they have time or not. Now, whether lendmeurears in fact has received info from vsonic even though unofficial is another matter coz they might have just stated it too boost the Classic sales as all people are so hung up on the bio-cellulose craze that they don't want to buy the classics - like someone in the LMUE facebook page who just  without hearing the Classics concludes that vsonic replaced the bio-cellulose drivers with poor quality ones. I have nothing against LMUE and I've purchased many times from them but honestly I wouldn't rely 100% on the info they share without any official vsonic statement.

Whats really in question here is whether the classics has the B-C diaphragm drivers or not,just like its predecessors.......no offense or whatsoever. This is their curren international flagship model(gr07) which brought vsonic to limelight and there should'nt be any stain to that image and it should be wiped off by confolirming offi
cially imho.

This is like an automobile manufacturer launched a variant to its current successfully model but hided to reveal whats under the hood though it has little facelift and trim difference.,externally.

People are missing the main point - the Classics are 100 bucks. The original Gr07 was 170-180 bucks (that $130 price was just a sale, which continued way too long because of the vsonic's delays and misinformation. So even if the Classics use slightly inferior drivers just the fact that they are so much cheaper should be drawing the people. Vsonic always delivers and there's probably a reason for why they named the Classics Gr07. And comparing iems to cars is not really relevant - 99% of the iem manufacturers don't disclose anything about the drivers used and just state specs like frequency response, impedance and such.

Feb 21, 2014 at 1:26 PM Post #82 of 310
Exactly my point. Wait for an official release from VSonic if that is a deciding factor for purchasers do not rely on a third party.

Or wait for reviews from well trusted respected reviewers.

Feb 21, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #83 of 310
Exactly my point. Wait for an official release from VSonic if that is a deciding factor for purchasers do not rely on a third party.

Or wait for reviews from well trusted respected reviewers.

Well, my point is that they said they won't be doing it, so unless they have a change of heart waiting is pointless. I guess waiting for someone who also has one of the original versions is the only way to find out how they stack against the classics but he still won't know whether the drivers are bio-cellulose, so in the end we still won't be able to find out - not that it actually matters if the materials are different as long as the sound is at the same or similar level. The problem is that most people who own or have heard gr07 won't shell out 100 bucks to get a similar sound in the same enclosure just for the sake of the community - they 'll just invest the money in something else or wait for the VSD7 to come out.

Feb 21, 2014 at 6:38 PM Post #85 of 310
  Not really missing the point. They point is that Vsonic does not want to share officially what material they've used. That's it - it' not a matter of whether they have time or not. Now, whether lendmeurears in fact has received info from vsonic even though unofficial is another matter coz they might have just stated it too boost the Classic sales as all people are so hung up on the bio-cellulose craze that they don't want to buy the classics - like someone in the LMUE facebook page who just  without hearing the Classics concludes that vsonic replaced the bio-cellulose drivers with poor quality ones. I have nothing against LMUE and I've purchased many times from them but honestly I wouldn't rely 100% on the info they share without any official vsonic statement.

I can see your point Kova, but I do not think lendmeurears would lie about it mate, I don't think lendmeurears life depends on GR07 Classic sales, and if we were to find out eventually they did talk crap to us it wouldn't be worth it to them as that exposure is far to damaging. I think they're being honest about their findings. But of course in a skeptical world skeptics will remain skeptics.

Feb 21, 2014 at 9:08 PM Post #87 of 310
I can see your point Kova, but I do not think lendmeurears would lie about it mate, I don't think lendmeurears life depends on GR07 Classic sales, and if we were to find out eventually they did talk crap to us it wouldn't be worth it to them as that exposure is far to damaging. I think they're being honest about their findings. But of course in a skeptical world skeptics will remain skeptics.

True Im totally with you. LMUE just copy pasted the info from mkii and just modified the included accessories.But dunno why?

Btw take a look @ penonaudio.....nowhere mentioning of B-C driver but CCAW drivers and full kit as gr07mkii and be. Did anybody order from here?if so pls ahre the info what u got?

http://penonaudio.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=187

Feb 21, 2014 at 9:32 PM Post #88 of 310
True Im totally with you. LMUE just copy pasted the info from mkii and just modified the included accessories.But dunno why?

Btw take a look @ penonaudio.....nowhere mentioning of B-C driver but CCAW drivers and full kit as gr07mkii and be. Did anybody order from here?if so pls ahre the info what u got?

http://penonaudio.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=187

bigbargainonline also states something about CCAW drivers, 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VSONIC-GR07-MK2-MKII-Classical-Color-Version-High-Fidelity-Inner-Ear-Earphones-/121237473047?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item1c3a510717

I wonder why these sellers state differently. Could it be Kova Casanova is right? Lendmeurears telling porkies pies? 

Stay tuned to find out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IyAV_79w9s

Feb 21, 2014 at 10:11 PM Post #89 of 310

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VSONIC-GR07-MK2-MKII-Classical-Color-Version-High-Fidelity-Inner-Ear-Earphones-/121237473047?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item1c3a510717

I wonder why these sellers state differently. Could it be Kova Casanova is right? Lendmeurears telling porkies pies? 

The CCAW drivers have nothing to do with it - the original gr07 versions have CCAW drivers, the other vsonics like gr06 an gr04 also have CCAW drivers. Bio-cellulose is the diaphragm material - not the driver itself. And that's when the confusion comes coz there's no way to know whether the diaphragm on the classics is bio-cellulose unless Vsonic confirms it officially. Like back in the day with the Gr04 flagship , which was vsonic's second flagship after gr07. People never got that question answered - if the gr04 flagship is 100 bucks and a flagship model is the diaphragm also bio-cellulose or not? Honestly, because the gr04 flagship was so discounted after its discontinuing I never thought much about that and I guess if the Gr07 Classics sound good and sell for 50 bucks in a year or two people will give it a rest but because the current price is so close to the Gr07's discounted price on LMUE (or even about almost the same from bigbargainonline) people start worrying too much and don't want to buy then. If LMUE never had that sale or if they just had it as initially planned for 2 weeks last summer instead of being tricked by vsonic's announcements to continue it for close to 8 months, now people would be deciding between a 100 bucks for the Classics or 180 for the older versions and they wouldn't be so set on having the exact same iem with the exact same materials used and the exact same sound for almost half the price.

Feb 21, 2014 at 10:21 PM Post #90 of 310

To shed sone light here........CCAW is the copper & aluminium voice coil of specially treated against regular copper only VC. The Bio-cellulose is the diaphragm material. Actually why i gave a comparison of penonaudio is that they didnt mention about B-C but vsonic's proprietery term CCAW(alu wire VC),but why LMUE alone?from where they took that word Bio-cellulose? Thats the Root cause of this brain storming session.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back