VSONIC GR07 Classic Color 2014 Edition: Unboxing and first impressions
Mar 8, 2014 at 7:17 PM Post #106 of 310
  And this makes me sad. I was kinda hoping that the classic would retain the sweet mids of the gr07 as I need a back-up pair.

You are making it sound like the CCE doesn't have ANY mids whatsoever. :D This is why online impressions can be so misleading. You really need to hear them for yourself. The mids on the CCE sound natural and just there to me. The RE0's mids are way more recessed, for example and even those didn't bother me that much and I listen to mostly mid-oriented music like rock and metal. 

Mar 8, 2014 at 10:47 PM Post #107 of 310
  And this makes me sad. I was kinda hoping that the classic would retain the sweet mids of the gr07 as I need a back-up pair.

Think I might not have phrased it clearly

The mids IMO the same as the original GR07, still sweet enough for me to love it...

It is just not as forward as the MKII

Mar 8, 2014 at 10:50 PM Post #108 of 310

Will do!... in fact have been listening to them for some hours now, with great songs, but it is hard to compare!, even with the Dunu in the mix! (cause yes, even the dunu being the cheapest, its the one with a tad more bass, and in some tracks, its nice to have a bit of bass instead of highs!, but again may just be some tracks!)  I´ll need some more days at it, to do the best comparison possible.

What do you guys think of this songs for testing purposes?  any other recommendations?

Have you some recommendations of songs?... the ones I will include are:  (all at 320kbps from Spotify premium with the iphone 4)     by the way.. the iphone 4 at least got 16 steps volume... i will have it at 13 and at 14. (maybe 14 is to much?.) :p 

Heather Nova  -  Gloomy Sunday 
                                         Dave Matthews Band -  So Much To Say        (and/or   Gaucho)
                                                       Al Di Meola  -  Adios Nonino
      Paco De Lucia, Al Di Meola, John McLaughlin  -  Beyond the Mirage    (and/or   Manha de Carnaval)
                                                                Sade  -  Smooth Operator       (and/or  Jezebel)

And then some more noise:

Rage Against The Machine  -  Bombtrack     (have also the flac at the pc, may give it a test as a side note)
                                            System Of A Down -  Chop Suey      (and/or  Toxicity)

believe I will do a fast comparison after the weekend, and then in two weeks, giving them all 200 hours of burn in a more thoroughly test.

The best test is still the songs you listen to, because that is ultimately what you will be listening to most of the time

No point testing if you do not like the song haha

For me, I like a variety of genres, so I have a lot of nice songs I like that I can test with

Mar 9, 2014 at 1:05 AM Post #111 of 310
Really? Are you referring to the GR07 CCE, the GR07 CCE+GR06 bundle or the GR07 MK 2? And which toypost?

Am thinking of getting a pair.

Is $125 now i brought $140 last month

COD and audition All earphones displayed here are available for auditioning at the Toy outpost outlet at Plaza Singapura. The locker no. is 41A and 42A. It is situated at the middle row last locker at the top left corner. WHATS MORE! If you like it, you can purchase on the spot for the same price as reflected on our website in both locations. Once you purchase it from them, please register your warranty with us. 

Mar 9, 2014 at 1:24 AM Post #112 of 310
Thanks for the incredibly fast reply! I think that's the fastest reply I've gotten on a forum like.. ever.

Okay, will try to head down to check it them out later today.

Anyone think it's worth it getting the GR07 CCE + the GR06 bundle for the tips?

Am not really fussy with my earphones. I came across many reviews that said quite stellar things about the GR-07 whilst I was looking at the Etymotic Research HF3 and the Shure SE215. My purposes are for it are to do some exploratory stuff in creating soundscapes/grain synthesis on my ipad when I'm on the move. Also, may be using it for  some live 'on-stage' monitoring or for monitoring in my humble home project studio for recording purposes. 

Mar 9, 2014 at 5:55 AM Post #113 of 310
Thanks for the incredibly fast reply! I think that's the fastest reply I've gotten on a forum like.. ever.

Okay, will try to head down to check it them out later today.

Anyone think it's worth it getting the GR07 CCE + the GR06 bundle for the tips?

Am not really fussy with my earphones. I came across many reviews that said quite stellar things about the GR-07 whilst I was looking at the Etymotic Research HF3 and the Shure SE215. My purposes are for it are to do some exploratory stuff in creating soundscapes/grain synthesis on my ipad when I'm on the move. Also, may be using it for  some live 'on-stage' monitoring or for monitoring in my humble home project studio for recording purposes. 

Cheers from singapore too! take a look at DN-1000 GR07 SM3

Mar 10, 2014 at 2:20 PM Post #114 of 310
I sent an email to Lendmeurears so they clarify their information regarding the materials used for GR07 Classic diaphragm for they stated tin their GR07 Classic page (http://www.lendmeurears.com/product_info.php?cPath=15&products_id=89) that they use bio-cellulose drivers and I thought they could be wrong.

This is their reply

profile_mask2.png

Lend Me UR ears contact@lendmeurears.com

12:26 (hace 1 hora)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

para mí
cleardot.gif

Hi,

Yes we did clarify that with the owner of Vsonic. He told us that the information was wrong. The drivers that is being used is still the original biocelluose driver. I think that whoever post it might have been misunderstood.

Regards,

Lend Me UR ears

Does it settle the score right?

Mar 11, 2014 at 9:33 AM Post #115 of 310

Hi,

Yes we did clarify that with the owner of Vsonic. He told us that the information was wrong. The drivers that is being used is still the original biocelluose driver. I think that whoever post it might have been misunderstood.

Regards,

Lend Me UR ears

Does it settle the score right?

Yup, bio-cellulose all the way. :) They sound stellar for anyone wondering. Very similar to the GR07 Mk1, but slightly less sibilant to my ears. A warm amp does wonders for these. They're now my favourite IEM and I haven't touched my others since receiving these. 

Mar 13, 2014 at 9:10 AM Post #118 of 310
  If there hasn't been a drop in quality compared to past GR07 models, how has the priced dropped from $180 to $100?

Remember the Hifiman RE0? Went from $169 to $99 to $49... Same build, same quality. They are making room for new flagships and have probably optimized their manufacturing process. :)

Mar 13, 2014 at 10:09 AM Post #119 of 310
Sorry new around here.

I ordered me a pair the other day. Was debating between the classics or the SE215s, but I went with the classics since everyone speaks highly of them. Head-Fi has not failed me yet, and has got me anxiously waiting for that delivery, which should be today or tomorrow. Feels like Xmas.

Mar 14, 2014 at 9:20 AM Post #120 of 310
Hi guys, new around here, though of giving my impressions on the Vsonic GR07 Classic. 

After reading all the recommendations I just got myself the Vsonic GR07 Classic from lendmeureaers. The conclusion, I'm really impressed, though they didn't wow me when i first auditioned them. I feel they're perfect for rock and metal, everything sounds so dynamic and full, Bass is just the right amount, soundstage is fairly wide, though with some tracks they tend to have harsh piercing highs and sound messily congested, that's with poorly mastered tracks I assume. After around 80 hours of burn in the highs tend to tame down a bit, but still not totally gone. Detail and clarify is sub par compared to BA IEM's like the BA200 and TF10, but only slightly. The thing with Vsonic GR07 is that they sound very full and the bass are more natural when compared to BA IEMs. For dynamic IEMs, these are really top notch for the price. Cheers 
ksc75smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back