VSONIC GR07 Classic Color 2014 Edition: Unboxing and first impressions
Feb 18, 2014 at 8:01 PM Post #61 of 310
Now LMUE has the following note in gr07 classic page......

" Note: Due to a mistake by the manufactuer, the seal as well as the warranty card states that it is the GR07 Mk2. However, please be assured that the model you are receiving is the GR07 Classic. "

Feb 19, 2014 at 5:09 AM Post #62 of 310
  So I emailed LendMeUrEars and I thought this might be of interest to you:
"Hi,
I spoke to the CEO of Vsonic and they told us that it is indeed bio-cellulose driver. But I understand that there is post on Headfi stating that the classic are not bio-cellulose drive. I am trying to get the CEO of Vsonic to make a public announcement on his weibo (China's twitter) to clarify things up.
Regards,
Lend Me UR ears"

They told me the same thing. 

They also said they've received quite a few enquiries about this most recently. 
tongue_smile.gif

So....is Mr Vsonic going to come forward and speak for the people? Lets wait for the next episode.

I will follow up with lendmeurears and ask them to let me know if there is an announcement. 

Feb 19, 2014 at 5:25 AM Post #65 of 310
Lendmeurears says perhaps we should be focusing on the sound, not what type of drivers it uses and that the Classic sounds virtually the same as the older versions (although there are some slight differences). Basically they want you to be happy that it is available to the consumer at a lower price. I told them that this might not work because the use of bio-cellulose drivers seems quite important to you guys. 

I will let you know if I hear anything further.

Feb 19, 2014 at 6:32 AM Post #66 of 310
Sure the sound is more important, but has anyone stated why else the price would now be lower? In fact, has anyone said what sets the Classic apart from the MK2 at all, except the colour choices?

Feb 19, 2014 at 7:39 AM Post #69 of 310
Sure the sound is more important, but has anyone stated why else the price would now be lower? In fact, has anyone said what sets the Classic apart from the MK2 at all, except the colour choices?

Very standard silicone ear tips and no pouch thatsanother reason for being cheap. It sound like the very first gen. GR07 quoted by some.......If that the case the guy should have them compared side by side, else its not genuine comment.

Feb 19, 2014 at 9:45 AM Post #71 of 310
Good news, a friend of mine from a Dutch forum will ship me his Vsonic GR07 Mk1 to compare with my CCE. Will give my impressions more value and will clear some of the fog surrounding these IEMs. 

Feb 19, 2014 at 12:44 PM Post #73 of 310
  Lendmeurears says perhaps we should be focusing on the sound, not what type of drivers it uses and that the Classic sounds virtually the same as the older versions (although there are some slight differences). Basically they want you to be happy that it is available to the consumer at a lower price. I told them that this might not work because the use of bio-cellulose drivers seems quite important to you guys. 

I will let you know if I hear anything further.

Here's what's wrong with the whole "focus on the sound rather than the drivers argument".

By naming the product GR07, they carry over the credibility that comes with the name. Calling it the GR07 and giving us something totally different is misusing its brand name.
Of course, I could be wrong, and the GR07 classic color could be great. But if the bio-cellulose driver, the very thing that made GR07 MKII exceptional, has been replaced, then is it really even a GR07 anymore?

I guess I'm just being fussy. (?) 

Looking forward for the first main reviews, so I can judge whether I should buy one.

Feb 20, 2014 at 9:03 PM Post #74 of 310
I have a further update for everyone. Vsonic have confirmed for a second time GR07 Classic is using bio-cellulose drivers.

You can see the reply I recently received from Lendmeurears.

Quote:
Hi,

Just a quick update on the situation. We spoke to the guys in Vsonic. They
have once again confirm that they are using the bio-celluose drivers in the
GR07 classic. In fact the drivers used are from the original GR07 which
explains how the sound is closer to the 1st gen GR07 than the Mark 2
version. However, we are still trying to ask the CEO of Vsonic to make an
announcement but it will take some effort as he is extremely busy due to his
new born child.

So I can't answer anymore, where they're getting the drivers, what happened between Vsonic and Sony (if anything) but now after asking Lendmeurears to follow up Vsonic have confirmed twice they're using bio-cellulose on GR07 Classic, I've done all I can and have no idea where other people are receiving their information. So I hope that clears up some things in the air. Knowing this I might go ahead and grab a pair of the Classics, as I only ever tried MK2 never the original.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back