VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions
Sep 26, 2013 at 5:10 PM Post #1,535 of 2,697
You still haven't pulled the trigger yet? Better get it before the BEs become discontinued

Sep 27, 2013 at 12:07 PM Post #1,537 of 2,697
Can anyone comment on how comfortable they are for long periods of use? this is extremely important for me. Also, you have to stick that thing way inside your ear? because then im not getting them. I want it to sit on the ear and not to fit a lot inside the ear. I don't think thats very healthy..

Sep 27, 2013 at 12:42 PM Post #1,538 of 2,697
  Can anyone comment on how comfortable they are for long periods of use? this is extremely important for me. Also, you have to stick that thing way inside your ear? because then im not getting them. I want it to sit on the ear and not to fit a lot inside the ear. I don't think thats very healthy..

Being small and  over ear, they're quite comfy for long sessions.  It may take a bit to get them fitted properly but once they are, they disappear.  They are not deep insertion, so as long as you get a seal you'll be good.  I'd recommend getting genuine Sony Hybrid tips as I found those to be the most comfortable silicone tips.

I've never heard a DT770 before but based on what I've read of them, but based on the charts and descriptions I've seen any of the GR07s will be better for mixing.  The BE is relatively neutral with a bump in the bass by about 3dB...really smooth FR and transitions between the bass to mids and the mids to highs.

Sep 27, 2013 at 1:21 PM Post #1,539 of 2,697

Being small and  over ear, they're quite comfy for long sessions.  It may take a bit to get them fitted properly but once they are, they disappear.  They are not deep insertion, so as long as you get a seal you'll be good.  I'd recommend getting genuine Sony Hybrid tips as I found those to be the most comfortable silicone tips.

I've never heard a DT770 before but based on what I've read of them, but based on the charts and descriptions I've seen any of the GR07s will be better for mixing.  The BE is relatively neutral with a bump in the bass by about 3dB...really smooth FR and transitions between the bass to mids and the mids to highs.

Man, im really really really undecided on what to do. Im used to the DT770 sound and love them, so im afraid I buy the MK2 and they are lacking on the bass department, but im also afraid the BE isn't good for producing. ****
Glad to ear they are at least very comfortable.

Sep 27, 2013 at 2:14 PM Post #1,540 of 2,697
Just pick either one man. You're going to over-think it to the point were none will satisfy you. It's not like they're breaking the bank either. Buy one, if you don't like it... save up and buy the other. Or buy both. The MkII isn't lacking in the bass, but like I said, with today's pop-culture I can see why people would want more. If you want to make sure you're getting enough bass then go with the BE... Although the MkII aren't lacking to begin with. Did that put the run-around on you? 
smile.gif

Sep 27, 2013 at 2:43 PM Post #1,541 of 2,697
Sounds like the BE will serve you best.  As I said previously, the MKII is technically better for mixing but they are very close in sound.  Comparing the BE to anything else, it's still fairly linear...just vs. the MKII specifically there's going to be a +2-3dB in the lower FR (depending on the frequency) and about -2-3dB in the mids as a result.  You achieve a overall warmer sound (warms up the mids a bit without bleeding into them) and more bass impact when compared side by side with the MKII.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/VSonicGR07BassEdition.pdf

vs.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/BeyerdynamicDT770.pdf

The BE has no odd dips or peaks (emphasis on one frequency region), fairly linear with a rise in the bass compared to the rest of the FR.  The DT770 is a bit all over the place, and is noticeably brighter in the treble (mids seem recessed relative to the upper and lower FR).  Charts aren't everything though and you really need to hear a headphone to know for sure, so beyond what I've seen measured or heard subjectively on the DT770 I can't comment further.  All I know is that the BE was a really great sounding IEM and a big value for what you get...same goes for the MKII if you want more neutrality.  The BE proves you can be a 'close to neutral, monitoring workhorse' while also still able to be a 'very fun, engaging listen'.  I suspect you're reaction after getting used to the sound signature will be 'oh, that's where the mids went'. 
tongue.gif

Sep 27, 2013 at 2:49 PM Post #1,542 of 2,697
I really don't know where the idea came from that the GR07 doesn't have enough bass for anything. The Mk2 is pretty bassy, and the BE only takes it a step further for those who want more bass pounding/impact, specifically in the mid-bass. It's also slightly warmer.

Sep 27, 2013 at 6:35 PM Post #1,545 of 2,697
It's a matter of preference

Users who are viewing this thread

Back