VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions
Sep 22, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #1,516 of 2,697
mk2 vs. bass edition >> which has the better sound quality... i want to buy a gr07...

Come on man, search the thread. There are hundreds of pages regarding how the great SQ of each is slightly different and why.

That question borders on the ridiculous.

Sep 22, 2013 at 8:58 PM Post #1,517 of 2,697
It depends on what your preferences are

Sep 23, 2013 at 4:15 AM Post #1,519 of 2,697
The BEs are not that bassy IMO and are pretty balanced

Sep 24, 2013 at 5:37 PM Post #1,523 of 2,697

I know this has been beat to death, but have you heard the MK2? The BE's are pretty far from balanced IMO. They are called the Bass Edition, after all. :D

Weren't some of the biggest complaints from the GR07 Vanilla that it was slightly sibilant in treble and lacked a little in bass response? 

Then they released the MKII which fixed the sibilance issue but people still complained about the bass response, in fact it was the only real complaint and wasn't just a few users but a pretty high % of them. 

Then out comes the BE which was the MKII with increased bass response. 

Its almost like someone saying how much they love the K701 because it is sooo neutral. On the otherhand, they feel that the K702 Annies have too much added bass and no longer sound neutral.  (When in reality, the Annies could use MORE bass than they currently have even though they already have more than vanilla K701.)

Just because they are called Bass Edition it doesnt automatically make them overly bassy or a basshead IEM.

Sep 24, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #1,524 of 2,697
I know this has been beat to death, but have you heard the MK2? The BE's are pretty far from balanced IMO. They are called the Bass Edition, after all. :D

I've never heard the MK2 but that doesn't mean I can't say IMO that the BE is balanced. I have other cans as reference such as my HE500s and HD600 which I believe are quite balanced. Just because they are called Bass edition doesn't mean they are overtly bassy. I'm just calling it the way I hear it against other cans I've owned. The GR02 BE on the other hand is extremely bassy

Sep 24, 2013 at 7:07 PM Post #1,525 of 2,697
  Weren't some of the biggest complaints from the GR07 Vanilla that it was slightly sibilant in treble and lacked a little in bass response? 

Then they released the MKII which fixed the sibilance issue but people still complained about the bass response, in fact it was the only real complaint and wasn't just a few users but a pretty high % of them. 

Then out comes the BE which was the MKII with increased bass response. 

Its almost like someone saying how much they love the K701 because it is sooo neutral. On the otherhand, they feel that the K702 Annies have too much added bass and no longer sound neutral.  (When in reality, the Annies could use MORE bass than they currently have even though they already have more than vanilla K701.)

Just because they are called Bass Edition it doesnt automatically make them overly bassy or a basshead IEM.

The way pop-culture is today, people can be ridiculously fanatical about bass. I don't find the MkII to be lacking, and I have some other pretty bassy phones that I've come from. 

Sep 25, 2013 at 11:24 AM Post #1,526 of 2,697
I've never heard the MK2 but that doesn't mean I can't say IMO that the BE is balanced. I have other cans as reference such as my HE500s and HD600 which I believe are quite balanced. Just because they are called Bass edition doesn't mean they are overtly bassy. I'm just calling it the way I hear it against other cans I've owned. The GR02 BE on the other hand is extremely bassy

Well, I've owned both. IMO, the BE is bassy, has recessed mids, and the MK2 has PLENTY of bass. Ear holes are different, YMMV. :wink:

Sep 25, 2013 at 1:48 PM Post #1,528 of 2,697
  Okay based on what i've said and the replies im buying the MK2 ASAP. I still want to know how good are the GR07 at blocking background noise.

They are ported (as most dynamics are apparently), so they are not super isolating.  You get more isolation with foam tips, but I felt the silicone tips worked just fine for me.  I'd recommend trying out genuine Sony Hybrid tips if you prefer silicone.

Sep 25, 2013 at 7:46 PM Post #1,529 of 2,697
Hey people, first off all I would like to thank you guys and this forum for all this info as you made me go and buy the BASS EDITION.

And can I say SUPER WOW how nice these headphones are. Very impressed for the money.

At the moment I am using the blue inserts as they seem my preferred as for sound and comfort but when I jog with them they tend to go out of my ear, what do you guys suggest?

Thanks once again

I am using them with a ipod shuffle and the sound is very good and powerful more than an iphone 4 FYI

Regards

Sep 25, 2013 at 9:21 PM Post #1,530 of 2,697
I also found the complys killed the mids and highs until I earn how to put them on correctly. I'm on my mobile so it's a bit hard to post the link but bit sure you can do a search. But the gist of it is to push the tip in then compress the part around the nozzle.
That way the comply foam has no chance of blocking the nozzle exit. Hard to explain, easier to watch the YouTube clip by Tyll

I honestly did not expect this to make such a difference, but I'm glad you posted this. The bass is nowhere near as bloaty and the whole spectrum shines through. Yea!

Would appreciate the link if you can find it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back