VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions
Sep 12, 2017 at 12:49 AM Post #2,686 of 2,697
Hi
The left side of my AN16 gone silent, so i need a new earphone. After some search it looks like i stay with Vsonic. At this price range i did not found any better for my taste. So i go with the Gr07 BE. My only question is, should i go for the fix or detachable version? I remember when Vsonic first came out the detachable version earphones, they had some problems.

I'm considering the new version myself at the moment. I had the old bass eds and was super bummed when one of the buds went quiet after 18 months.

I'm dubious about their longevity but they did pretty much everything else i wanted so well.. I think i read something along the lines that driver death was a common problem with vsonics.. maybe i shouldn't go back. But then with the detachable cables we should be able to get replacement parts right?

Sep 12, 2017 at 1:13 AM Post #2,689 of 2,697
It's the driver that usually fails so I can't see the removable cables fixing much, but they seem to last OK (2 years on average) which is much better than the VS models in my experience.

I'd honestly just buy another set of GR07s, purely because it's hard to replicate *every* positive aspect of the sound (particularly the wide staging / spatial qualities) without spending over 3-4x as much. In my experience almost everything else around this price point loses out sonically somewhere (noticeably) to the humble GR07 and to me that's not worth bothering with.

I own more expensive IEMs for occasional use, but when my first set of GR07s stopped working I bought a new set (they've been great, and I'd do it all again). It's a great daily driver with a great price:sound ratio in my book.

Edit - I also agree 100% with this, and it's an important consideration:
I also like the fact they are not fussy about what they're driven by so works well for me as portable sound phone, laptop. I would like something better in the treble but this is the sweet spot for value and higher quality iems start to get fussy about whats driving them
The GR07 is a light load so drives quite well from phones, ipods, laptops, etc. Many other IEMs (particularly multi-drivers) have more difficult impedance curves and start showing frequency response curve flaws with the same sources - particularly phones and portable media players.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2017 at 6:38 AM Post #2,690 of 2,697
The GR07 is a light load so drives quite well from phones, ipods, laptops, etc. Many other IEMs (particularly multi-drivers) have more difficult impedance curves and start showing frequency response curve flaws with the same sources - particularly phones and portable media players.

Spot on, they sound really good out of anything - phone, laptop, etc once you get to the next level amps, sources all play too much into it as well as having to be too precious about them, and defeats the purpose of a portable everyday solution..

Nov 9, 2017 at 7:40 PM Post #2,693 of 2,697
Guys i love these inears ..i just got mine there is a slight crispy crackling sound coming form mine ..will that settle down after burn in? arhhh sibilance lol

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2018 at 11:32 AM Post #2,695 of 2,697
Update: I know I'm not the first person to say this but I have to bring it up. If anyone is looking for a solid upgrade from the GR07 (any model), you owe it to yourself to try the FLC 8S. In a nutshell, it's a refined GR07 with an unprecedented number of tuning options. I just got the FLC 8S and I'm completely sold. It is now my daily driver. It stacks up very well against everything I have (see signature)! I still love my GR07BE though.
smily_headphones1.gif

How does the gr07be perform with lg g6 quad dac.does it activate high impedance mode?
I also have lg g6 plus and planning on getting GR07BE i (mic) currently using Fiio F5 with g6 and i really like this combo.
Thanks

Mar 5, 2018 at 10:50 PM Post #2,696 of 2,697
How does the gr07be perform with lg g6 quad dac.does it activate high impedance mode?
I also have lg g6 plus and planning on getting GR07BE i (mic) currently using Fiio F5 with g6 and i really like this combo.
Thanks
Unfortunately, the GR07 was long gone by the time I got the G6 so I can't answer that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back