VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions
Sep 28, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #1,546 of 2,697
I really don't know where the idea came from that the GR07 doesn't have enough bass for anything. The Mk2 is pretty bassy, and the BE only takes it a step further for those who want more bass pounding/impact, specifically in the mid-bass. It's also slightly warmer.

QFT!

Also, the 770 is an extremely bassy headphone. If that it what you're looking for then you have no business buying an MK2.

Sep 29, 2013 at 11:52 AM Post #1,547 of 2,697
QFT!

Also, the 770 is an extremely bassy headphone. If that it what you're looking for then you have no business buying an MK2.

Well I dont know what bassy is considered for you but I get good mixes with the DT770.. so now again I have doubts of BE or MK2..

And i want someone to tell me hoow deep goes it inside your ear canal? I dont want something to be sticking inside my brain.. if you know what I mean. I dont to feel it, I want it to be comfortable.

Sep 29, 2013 at 12:20 PM Post #1,549 of 2,697
  MK2 isn't basshead and BE version isn't basshead, don't have a deep subbass extension, sizes are very tiny.

I'm sorry, what? The GR07 makes going down to 10 Hz look easy. It's definitely among the best basses I've heard, regardless of price.

Sep 29, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #1,550 of 2,697

Well I dont know what bassy is considered for you but I get good mixes with the DT770.. so now again I have doubts of BE or MK2..

And i want someone to tell me hoow deep goes it inside your ear canal? I dont want something to be sticking inside my brain.. if you know what I mean. I dont to feel it, I want it to be comfortable.

Haven't heard the BE but IMO mk2 is bassy enough and isn't lacking in that department. It's not a very deep insertion. And you can get meelec M6 single-flange tips and put them over the entire nozzle and the insertion can get even shallower.

Sep 29, 2013 at 12:25 PM Post #1,551 of 2,697

I'm sorry, what? The GR07 makes going down to 10 Hz look easy. It's definitely among the best basses I've heard, regardless of price.

sorry but this is not basshead, the driver physically can not issue fat and deep subbass region. They have a balanced neutral sound and to me a very boring.

Sep 30, 2013 at 8:48 PM Post #1,552 of 2,697
Just cracked mine open, unfortunately my computer recently broke so I'm using the iPad/pod for now. They sound good with the e17 but I'm hoping there will be less sibilance with the dac working. I listen to a fair mount of bass oriented music so I bumped the e17's bass switch up one notch but anything more than that muddies up the mids. Im waiting for triple flange tips to arrive so hopefully those do the trick, but if not does anyone know how the zo2 pairs with these?

Oct 2, 2013 at 3:27 PM Post #1,556 of 2,697
Getting them re-cabled is the only way to gain length. 

Oct 2, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #1,559 of 2,697
  can you post any examples?

Just a simple extension cable. Something like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-35-3-5mm-Male-to-3-5mm-Female-headphone-earphone-Extension-Cable-Audio-Adapter-/261281229633?pt=US_MP3_Player_Cables_Adapters&var=&hash=item3cd5932b41 . You want 3.3m cable, so you just need to buy a simple 2m extension cable. You can just go to the nearest electronics store and they'll surely have few option for several bucks. Of course you can look around for more expensive cables if you're the type who believes a more expensive quality cable sounds better but I suggest if you choose this path to not get one that costs more than 20-30 bucks.

Oct 2, 2013 at 6:03 PM Post #1,560 of 2,697

Just a simple extension cable. Something like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-35-3-5mm-Male-to-3-5mm-Female-headphone-earphone-Extension-Cable-Audio-Adapter-/261281229633?pt=US_MP3_Player_Cables_Adapters&var=&hash=item3cd5932b41 . You want 3.3m cable, so you just need to buy a simple 2m extension cable. You can just go to the nearest electronics store and they'll surely have few option for several bucks. Of course you can look around for more expensive cables if you're the type who believes a more expensive quality cable sounds better but I suggest if you choose this path to not get one that costs more than 20-30 bucks.

Thanks. It has been proven it doesnt decrease sound quality? im sure this is the type of thing that gives a lot of placebo in a study.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back