Vsonic GR06 Review
May 21, 2012 at 11:50 AM Post #181 of 385
Being a fan of industrial eletro and ebm i agree to an extent (especially what nuckin says about performance with vocals), the gr06 sound good regardless.  if i want a higher ooomph level i take out the jvc xx (they are like $15 for screws sake, sound great for electronic, so why not get both).  I cant stress enough having a good al rounder gr06, pfe, hje  and then some dedicated buds for your specific eclectic tastes.  For me this is the jvc for ebm and when i listen to detailed stuff it is usually through the  earsonic sm3's.  

No one headphone is a do all tool just as no one screwdriver fits all screws.  

That said the gr06 does sound great with the digizoid zo which puts makes it excellent for edm/ebm etc. 

May 22, 2012 at 6:56 AM Post #182 of 385
What would be the best tips to go with it?

May 22, 2012 at 7:25 AM Post #183 of 385
Any one of the 9 million they come with :p

May 23, 2012 at 11:13 AM Post #184 of 385
I just got a pair of these through to loan! Sounding great so far, i mean for £32 the sound is just ridiculous! I don't think these lack bass at all. I mean they are not thumping my head but their is still impact and who cares when the mids are this good :wink:

May 24, 2012 at 1:25 AM Post #185 of 385
How much are there?I have copper pro on dying end.I want a replacement if the sound as same as MTCP.What do you guys think?Which one is the best alternative replacement for copper pro.I want to try another iEM.I am mostly listen to rock jazz instrumental classical.

May 28, 2012 at 8:56 AM Post #187 of 385
I need some help with selecting right headphones. I'm starting to like these ones based on reviews but I'd love to get some advice.
First of all, my budget max is 100 $ including shipping from ebay or amazon, but I'm not really an audiophile, so if there's something that's just really incredible and is around 100$ that's fine, but if there isn't a huge difference between 100$ and 40$ ones, I'd rather take cheaper ones. So I aim at 50-60 $ price range.
I'll use them with my phone (HTC Desire Z) and most of the time I listen to music in noisy places like subway so sound isolation and high max volume are crucial for me. Also comfort is one of the main things, I want them to fit perfect and feel nice. I listen to all kinds of music, from classics to metal, electronic to acoustic guitar things. But usually I don't listen to bass-heavy music like House, Trance and Techno and mostly listen to calm music like post-rock, trip-pop, progressive rock. So that should be it about what I need.

The models I found that looked good are:
Vsonic GR06 - everything seems great except the brown color on it, really hate the way it looks :D
Jays A-Jays four (~ 55$) - for good design and great cords, but I heard they lack isolation and sound is not that good.
Shure SE215 (~ 100$) - sound isolation is almost perfect, but they are expensive and I'm not sure, if they are worth it.
Sony MDR-EX510SL (~ 100$) - they look great, but again - expensive and I'm sure if they are worth it.
Sennheiser cx300 II (~ 45$) - seem to be quite popular
Brainwavz m4 (~50) - seem quite good
Klipsch S4i (~ 70) - seem quite average and sure if they are any better than Vsonic

thanks a lot in advance, and keep in mind I'm really noobish in matters like this.

EDIT: I forgot to note that durable and anti-entangle (not sure how put that right) cords will be a huge advantage.

May 28, 2012 at 9:13 AM Post #188 of 385
Out of all the ones you mentioned for sure the gr06. Extremely comfortable, best cable iv ever used.

I have had/tested every one that you mention bar the sony's but i did have the higher quality ex600 sony and have to say id still choose the   gr06 ( i like the sound of both but the vsonic are 100 cheaper).

Go ahead buy them you will not be disappointed, be happy that your phones compete with ones 3/4 times the price.

If your still not happy give the jvc fa40 a go massive support for them on here right now.

May 28, 2012 at 9:50 AM Post #189 of 385
Quote:
The models I found that looked good are:
Vsonic GR06 - everything seems great except the brown color on it, really hate the way it looks :D
Jays A-Jays four (~ 55$) - for good design and great cords, but I heard they lack isolation and sound is not that good.
Shure SE215 (~ 100$) - sound isolation is almost perfect, but they are expensive and I'm not sure, if they are worth it.
Sony MDR-EX510SL (~ 100$) - they look great, but again - expensive and I'm sure if they are worth it.
Sennheiser cx300 II (~ 45$) - seem to be quite popular
Brainwavz m4 (~50) - seem quite good
Klipsch S4i (~ 70) - seem quite average and sure if they are any better than Vsonic

Th Vsonic by far. They look a lot better in life, great build, even better sound and well you just can not complaiN!

May 28, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #194 of 385
from that ipod (i believe slightly underpowered) and e6 if you want.

Although the gr06 do not require amping as is the same with many many other phones that people seem to want to stick an amp to.

The only 'amp' worth its salt for these types of headphones is the digizoid zo.

May 28, 2012 at 12:21 PM Post #195 of 385
When amping with cMoy BB

Te soundstage widens and the depth is a lot better. The whole spectrum has better body.
However the highs are pushed forward and the mids but back. Also the highs are harsher. The mids are warmer.
I mean their is no need for a E6 with these. Them alone will be good enough!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back