Vsonic GR06 Review
Jun 21, 2012 at 5:21 PM Post #211 of 385
Quote:
I'm loving these IEMs more and more after I changed the tips. Ever since I used the blue (I believe it is the medium ones) with the foam inside. I used it because I think it is the medium size, and all IEMs I've used so far has the greatest seal for my ears with their medium-sized tips. I used the one with the foam without comparing the sound to the other without because I think it would be much cooler to use as I've never seen one before lol.

I've been using the tips more than a month I think, and I always have this muddy and fat bass complain. Until yesterday I tried to experiment with the other tips. First I put on the blue without the foam and I was shocked by how different it sounded. It really cures the muddiness of the IEM and made me swear that I will never use the tips with foam again (at least for this IEM lol). I can hear the cymbals better and they are more distinguishable to other cymbals used in a song. The highs really improved. Then I used the green ones (again of course without the foam), a little smaller from the blue. Now I felt how cheap the GR06 is for its performance. The highs, it's slightly better than the blue but not that noticeable but the speed really increases and it is very important to me. The bass is not that thick anymore and it's fast enough for my requirement. (believe me I hate boomy or sloppy bass more than anyone lol). The mids are now more neutral and not that kinda over-emphasized mid-bass feeling I get on the blue with foam. It's very very nice that it makes me feel very happy and at peace whenever a song that requires good mids plays in it. The green being smaller than blue resulted in just a little bit less isolation for me but there's no problem as long as I get the sound I want. It isolates well too though not just as good as the blue. There is no need for this kinda long story of my discovery of the right tips for me I just find it cool to post it here lol.

But anyway the point is, always find the right tips for you, don't just settle for the one you already got used to. Especially when you don't like that much the sound you hear, it is really really worth it once you find the perfect ones. I know many others have already said that, I just feel I need to say it too. :)

But they still only sound pretty mediocre even with the perfect tips. The clarity and detail is only average.
With the plug-in TB EZQ + J rivers crossfeed they sound better than many 150$+ in-ears I've head.

Jun 21, 2012 at 5:49 PM Post #212 of 385
You really are plugging this EZQ thing aren't you! No offense but there are numerous threads where you have posted this numerous times. IMO they are far above mediocre and I try to leave EQ out of it as this is very subjective.
I personally don't like crossfeeed, I built a Meier Audio amp and whilst it's great I don't subsribe to the crossfeed idea. Some people will like it, some won't.

Jun 21, 2012 at 5:50 PM Post #213 of 385
Is there something like TB-EZQ that's free? What sounds card does your computer have?

Oh, I just modded the gray foam tips that came with them, they sound great! The opening of the tips needs to sit flush with the surface of the microphone to sound right, try pulling them ALL the way down, it's a pain in the ass, though. I trimmed the plastic core a bit at the top, detached the foam, and pulled it down. Listening to them on a Sansa Fuze with Rockbox. My laptop and Galaxy S are unusable due to hiss. 

Jun 21, 2012 at 9:52 PM Post #215 of 385
I ordered the GR07 because of this IEM. :D

Jun 22, 2012 at 2:31 AM Post #216 of 385
Quote:
Is there something like TB-EZQ that's free? What sounds card does your computer have?

Oh, I just modded the gray foam tips that came with them, they sound great! The opening of the tips needs to sit flush with the surface of the microphone to sound right, try pulling them ALL the way down, it's a pain in the ass, though. I trimmed the plastic core a bit at the top, detached the foam, and pulled it down. Listening to them on a Sansa Fuze with Rockbox. My laptop and Galaxy S are unusable due to hiss. 

TB EZQ is 100% free, but I see you can buy the whole pack of plug-ins as well if you feel like it but there is no limit to the programs without buying them. I'm driving all my in-ears from a Audinst HUD-MX1 DAC + Amp. 

Jun 22, 2012 at 2:48 AM Post #217 of 385
Quote:
You really are plugging this EZQ thing aren't you! No offense but there are numerous threads where you have posted this numerous times. IMO they are far above mediocre and I try to leave EQ out of it as this is very subjective.
I personally don't like crossfeeed, I built a Meier Audio amp and whilst it's great I don't subsribe to the crossfeed idea. Some people will like it, some won't.

I tried to explain very convincingly how big an improvement this free plug-in does to the sound of this in-ear and most other treble light in-ears and headphones such as LCD-2 rev1 but I got NO one to even try this thing so I gave it one more chanse to try provoke someone into trying it!
I'm using the GR06 more than LCD-2 now...That says alot. It's not better but just as pleasurable.
Now I'm starting to go indifferent.. If someone isn't even interested in trying a plug-in that take this 60$ in-ear to a 200$ by moving a dot to the right then its their problem.

Jun 22, 2012 at 3:28 AM Post #219 of 385
I tried to explain very convincingly how big an improvement this free plug-in does to the sound of this in-ear and most other treble light in-ears and headphones such as LCD-2 rev1 but I got NO one to even try this thing so I gave it one more chanse to try provoke someone into trying it!
I'm using the GR06 more than LCD-2 now...That says alot. It's not better but just as pleasurable.
Now I'm starting to go indifferent.. If someone isn't even interested in trying a plug-in that take this 60$ in-ear to a 200$ by moving a dot to the right then its their problem.

Well some of us are happy with them the way they are. Some of us use EQ, I do a little but I realise this is down to taste and taste only......I do not find these particularly treble light. Having said that, out of interest and to keep you happy I'll give it a go over the weekend if it's free. I was under the impression it's only free for a trial period? I use the EQ on my Xonar software and whilst it's OK it could be better.

Jun 22, 2012 at 4:37 AM Post #220 of 385
Quote:
Well some of us are happy with them the way they are. Some of us use EQ, I do a little but I realise this is down to taste and taste only......I do not find these particularly treble light. Having said that, out of interest and to keep you happy I'll give it a go over the weekend if it's free. I was under the impression it's only free for a trial period? I use the EQ on my Xonar software and whilst it's OK it could be better.

Try this:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/580759/my-vsonic-collection-has-begun-r04pro-gr06-gr07-i-am-a-fan-comparisons-post-62/135#post_8447145

Jun 24, 2012 at 9:56 PM Post #221 of 385
hello head-fi, I just want to share my recently discovered way so you can put these or any other IEMs over the ear without the hooks. I often see posts that asks for a way to wear this over the ear without hooks so I guess many of you guys haven't discovered it yet.

Okay so here's how:

- You hold the each earpiece on both hands (like when you're about to put standard earbuds (non-inear) on).
- Rotate the right earpiece counter-clockwise and clockwise for the left earpiece.
If you're frustrated on the direction (clockwise/counter-clockwise thing) on where to rotate each earpiece, think about rotating each inwards and not outwards.
- After you've rotated it for 360˚ or even 720˚ for some (in layman's terms, 1-2 times) then you put it over your ear and see how it goes.

The way I do it is I already put them over my ears then I will turn each earpiece outwards to each other (vice-versa when holding the IEMs upwards like an earbuds). It is much easier and effortless to do than holding them upwards first then turning, then putting them over your ears. It is just much easier to explain that way at first. lol.

Spoiler:
The tension of the cable will then rests to you and not away from you so they will not fall off the back of your ears.

I hope you get it and works for you all. I never used ear hooks again. It is very much comfortable without it. :)

Jun 24, 2012 at 10:24 PM Post #223 of 385
I see.. I am aware that some people may already know it because it's not really complicated. I just experimented on the thing due to my frustration about using the earhooks and still falling off my ear. btw, I will be having GR07 soon lol..

Jun 24, 2012 at 11:05 PM Post #224 of 385
Quote:
I see.. I am aware that some people may already know it because it's not really complicated. I just experimented on the thing due to my frustration about using the earhooks and still falling off my ear. btw, I will be having GR07 soon lol..

Have you actually bought it yet?  There's a newer "mk2" version coming out very soon (it's actually available from a few people on ebay right now) which is apparently going to be a little bit better...they say the only difference is a newer cable with a different amount of silver inside, but it remains to be seen how much better they actually are.

(a little bit OT though. :p )

Jun 24, 2012 at 11:20 PM Post #225 of 385
Yeah, it's already on its way to me. lol.. I believe what I ordered from lendmeurears is not the mk2. I've heard that mk2 version with much more silver in the cable. At first I was kinda disappointed about it, but decided it was okay at least I get to have the first GR07s. (OT :p)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back