Vsonic GR06 Review
May 3, 2012 at 10:21 AM Post #121 of 385
I wanted to try these but after reading the first review I changed my mind.
Is the sound really thick? I would be the opposite of what I want. I thought they were supposed to be airy and transparent.

May 5, 2012 at 1:00 AM Post #122 of 385

Quote:
Hey all, in your experience how wiggly should the nozzle be on the GR06? The left one doesn't really move (great) but the other swivels around freely (not so great for getting a seal).

Thanks all!

Mine move easily but don't feel loose. They don't move unless I touch them and when they're in my ears I don't notice them wiggle and they don't lose a good seal for me.
I wanted to try these but after reading the first review I changed my mind.
Is the sound really thick? I would be the opposite of what I want. I thought they were supposed to be airy and transparent.
imo the sound is a little thick and smooth but still has good air to it. everything comes out very clear but it has some weight to it.

May 5, 2012 at 6:17 AM Post #123 of 385
Having owned these for 2 months, I must say that these sound fantastic! I recently bought crossfades m80s (still burning them btw). I find the gr06 soundstage to be more expansive and mids clearer. No problem with the build quality so far :)

May 5, 2012 at 8:25 PM Post #125 of 385
Quote:
I am really tempted by these, but can they only be worn over ear?

You'll be able to wear them straight down if you swap the earpieces, though the fit is still a little bit awkward and flipping the channels may be a problem too, depending on what you're listening to.  (can't really watch movies or play games with the channels swapped, may make some music you're used to awkward to listen to))

May 5, 2012 at 8:30 PM Post #126 of 385
I'm glad I found this website, since I founded it about two days ago I've been stalking the forums seeing which IEM's I should purchase. These seem like a great purchase, considering the cost. Seems like they need a good amount of burn-in time. However that seems to be about the only complaint. Can anyone else recommend any other IEMs I should check out? I listen to mostly Rock, Metal but I'm really an all around listener.

May 5, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #127 of 385
You'll be able to wear them straight down if you swap the earpieces, though the fit is still a little bit awkward and flipping the channels may be a problem too, depending on what you're listening to.  (can't really watch movies or play games with the channels swapped, may make some music you're used to awkward to listen to))

I see. I wouldnt really want to swap channels. I doubt mind over the ear, but with no chin thing I imagine they might be a bit annoying at times. Has anyone had any issues with fit?

May 6, 2012 at 5:09 AM Post #128 of 385
I see. I wouldnt really want to swap channels. I doubt mind over the ear, but with no chin thing I imagine they might be a bit annoying at times. Has anyone had any issues with fit?

The fit is great and the cable has zero memory effect, better than the gr07 cable in this regard and better than any cable I've seen so far. I use them without ear guides with no issue.

May 6, 2012 at 3:35 PM Post #129 of 385
Quote:

Designed for over the ear,

Comfiest non custom i own next to pfe112,

DIY cable cinch, small cable tie round them and then cut off the excess at desired tightness.  Simple

May 7, 2012 at 11:22 AM Post #130 of 385
Quote:
Designed for over the ear,

Comfiest non custom i own next to pfe112,

DIY cable cinch, small cable tie round them and then cut off the excess at desired tightness.  Simple

Well I think I am pretty sold on these GR06.

I really loved the fit of the PFE, though I found the cable on it quite annoying. I believe that was due to the memory effect, which NuckinFutz, points out, the GR06 has none of.

I haven't used lendmeurears.com before, I assume they are a reliable retailer for europe? Frogbeats has these aswell, although out stock and at a higher price.

May 8, 2012 at 1:29 AM Post #131 of 385
May 8, 2012 at 5:53 PM Post #132 of 385
I just got the GR06 that I ordered from Amazon.

Wow! These things are amazing, even without taking the price into consideration. The vocals and bass are so good. The treble is extended, yet silky smooth. I can definitely see why Joker rated them so highly. The cable is hands down the best I've seen on an iem. It's thick, yet supple and pliable. These things get no shortage of praise from me.

May 9, 2012 at 3:08 AM Post #133 of 385
Good stuff eke, so you won't be wanting a loan now then :p

May 9, 2012 at 3:19 AM Post #134 of 385
Quote:
Good stuff eke, so you won't be wanting a loan now then
tongue.gif

Is there a loan going on? I would like to sign up!

I am also trying to organise a loan tour for the Hisoundaudio crystal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back