Vorzüge VorzAMP PURE II - review and impressions
Aug 7, 2014 at 7:58 AM Post #226 of 873
I just received my pure ii.
A question to all owners
I wondered what dap do you use with ?

I use iPod and original CLAS.  Very nice combo but bulky.

Aug 7, 2014 at 8:35 AM Post #227 of 873
Thanks
I use zx1 now and I m looking for a less expensive one (and smalller) if it s possible.
And my ciem are se3 ref and soon se5

Aug 7, 2014 at 9:15 AM Post #228 of 873
Thanks
I use zx1 now and I m looking for a less expensive one (and smalller) if it s possible.
And my ciem are se3 ref and soon se5

I think the Pure II will enhance just about any DAP you decide on.  Pick a sound signature you like, the Vorzuge will not add much coloration to the sound of the DAP.

Aug 7, 2014 at 7:48 PM Post #232 of 873
Can anyone give first-personal impressions of pairing the VorzAMP PURE II with the following headphones: LCD-2 (Fazor), HE-500, T90 and K712? I'm interested in acquiring a new SS amp, preferably portable, that can drive that range of cans. Currently working with the Pan Am, which, I think, drives each of these exceptionally well. I plan to keep, at least for the time being, the Pan Am in addition to the new SS amp. Best and thanks, S

Aug 7, 2014 at 8:32 PM Post #233 of 873
Can anyone give first-personal impressions of pairing the VorzAMP PURE II with the following headphones: LCD-2 (Fazor), HE-500, T90 and K712? I'm interested in acquiring a new SS amp, preferably portable, that can drive that range of cans. Currently working with the Pan Am, which, I think, drives each of these exceptionally well. I plan to keep, at least for the time being, the Pan Am in addition to the new SS amp. Best and thanks, S

Check out the RSA Intruder, Cypher Labs Duet, and iFi micro iDSD. Those mentioned are powerful enough for the HE-500 thus powerful enough for the rest. The trio fare quite well with IEMs as well.

Aug 7, 2014 at 8:44 PM Post #234 of 873
Check out the RSA Intruder, Cypher Labs Duet, and iFi micro iDSD. Those mentioned are powerful enough for the HE-500 thus powerful enough for the rest. The trio fare quite well with IEMs as well.

maricius: Thanks! I was looking at the RSA SR-71B earlier. Is that The Intruder minus the DAC portion? I previously owned the Rx Mk3-B+ and thought it was excellent, although, perhaps a bit too aggressive for extended listening. Any risk the SR-71B or Intruder might be aggressive? I already have a Solo -dB so I thought I could skip the DAC.

Aug 7, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #235 of 873
maricius: Thanks! I was looking at the RSA SR-71B earlier. Is that The Intruder minus the DAC portion? I previously owned the Rx Mk3-B+ and thought it was excellent, although, perhaps a bit too aggressive for extended listening. Any risk the SR-71B or Intruder might be aggressive? I already have a Solo -dB so I thought I could skip the DAC.

The pure 2 is about the best it gets for iems. However, it does not supply high gain well, and just sounds flat and thin. The SR-71A is considered to be excellent by many who prefer it better the sr-71B!

Aug 7, 2014 at 9:41 PM Post #236 of 873

I can wholeheartedly recommend the Duet. I prefer the amp section of the Duet over the Rx but I haven't heard the The Intruder nor the SR-71B. With the CLAS -dB and Duet, you have a fully balanced portable rig!! Not to mention perfectly matching form factor.

Aug 7, 2014 at 10:15 PM Post #238 of 873
How can the sr-71A and B compared? Im also looking on the pure 2 amp and Duet for my ciems but thinking if it can power full size cans as well. Any thoughts?

Not sure on how they compare but the sr-71a has a pretty strong following despite being an old amp :)

When comparing the pure 2 and the duet, for iems, imo the pure 2 pulls far ahead. Soundstage wise they are among the best, if not the best compared to the competition. The duet may sound more open and expansive on first listen but a prolonged listen would reveal that it is simply the presentation. The pure 2 is someone leaner, a tad warm and mid centric, while the duet has a slightly thicker signature. However i personally prefer the pure 2 as i find it much cleaner and more refined. But this is mostly a preference thing i believe.

In terms of ability to drive full sized headphones, however, while the pure two has a good gain stage and decent output power, it is not able to provide the higher voltages anywhere as well as the duet can.

Aug 7, 2014 at 11:33 PM Post #239 of 873
I can wholeheartedly recommend the Duet. I prefer the amp section of the Duet over the Rx but I haven't heard the The Intruder nor the SR-71B. With the CLAS -dB and Duet, you have a fully balanced portable rig!! Not to mention perfectly matching form factor.

maricius: You might have sold me on the Duet. Especially since I've heard good things about its pairing with the HE-500. I think the HE-500 is the weakest match with the Pan Am. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back