1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Vorzüge VorzAMP PURE II - review and impressions

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by shigzeo, Jan 6, 2014.
First

Back
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Next

Last
  1. l3loodshed
    guys what are the comparisons between the Pure II, Tralucent T1, SR-71b and the Alo Rx Mk3-B+? can't decide what to get 

2. fiascogarcia
    Of the 4, I only have the Pure II (SR-71A is the only other similar that I have), but one thing you might want to consider is if you want to go balanced or not.  That might narrow down choices.

3. l3loodshed

hmmmm balanced would better, I would rather go for balanced but if the SE is pretty good i wouldn't mind going down the SE line hahaha
    what's the comparison between the SR-71A and Pure II? can the Pure II drive cans like LCD2 or the LCD3?

4. maricius

Why don't you check out the Cypher Labs Duet? Its balanced output and SE output is stronger than the ALO and has similar quality to the Pure II (what differs is the note presentation and soundstage presentation). What source will you be pairing the amp with?

5. l3loodshed
    Line-out from my HM-901, cause my HM-901 dies too fast and gets warm too quickly so yeah, wanted to get an amp to reduce those issues (And hopefully at the same time improve the SQ and maybe provide the driving power that my HM-901 is unable to give for demanding headphones)
    The Duet sounds like what I need in terms of function, but may I ask how does the Duet differ from the Pure II in terms of note presentation and soundstage presentation?

6. maricius

Check this post by WCDChee. 

post #242

I couldn't have said it better, myself.

7. Poimandres
    How does the pure II compare against the portaphile?

8. fiascogarcia
    I did a brief comparison on page 15.  Don't know about the Audeze's, as I don't have a set. 

9. WCDchee

I would like to correct something i said previously. The vorzuge pure 2 actually has pretty decent driving capabilities, much better than the old vorzuge's. Even when i tried it with then hd800 and the akg k812, it managed to sound really good, definitely not the best, but decent. It was only when pairing with headphones like the hifimans that the lack of power started to show.

10. l3loodshed
    What's your comparisons between the Pure II and MKIII-b? can't figure out which one of the amps to get hahaha

11. l3loodshed
    hmmmmm sounds like just the amp I need minus the balanced output
    sorry I didn't see hahaha, read it and it sounds like my kinda thing

thanks guys really helped to narrow down my options till just between the Mk3-b+ and the Pure II

12. awry
    Erm, extra battery? Smaller, cheaper, no need for interconnects. What exactly have you been trying to drive with your HM901? Thing has quite a fair bit of power for most things. I only LO my 901 at home for a different SQ most times.  

13. WCDchee

The ALO is warmer sounding, thicker, more powerful for full sized headphones, but thats about it. Its not as refined, nor is the soundstage as immersive and large. On top of that the terrible hiss makes it very bad for IEMs. To give a gauge of the sound, the duet's signature is somewhere in between the mk3b+ ans the pure 2.

14. audiofrk
    Anyone A/B this amp against the tranlucent amp?

15. shigzeo Contributor
    I have but the tralucent has gone through a number of changes. Both are excellent. Tralucent a bit more cleanly detailed and the PURE II more moodily detailed. PURE II is my favourite of all time, but tralucent is amazing. I tested the tralucent DAC as well and really liked it but didn't have time enough with it to deliver a review.

First

Back
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Next

Last