1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Vorzüge VorzAMP PURE II - review and impressions

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by shigzeo, Jan 6, 2014.
First

Back
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Next

Last
  1. fiascogarcia
    I use iPod and original CLAS.  Very nice combo but bulky.

2. Fabaaroan
    Thanks
    I use zx1 now and I m looking for a less expensive one (and smalller) if it s possible.
    And my ciem are se3 ref and soon se5

3. fiascogarcia
    I think the Pure II will enhance just about any DAP you decide on.  Pick a sound signature you like, the Vorzuge will not add much coloration to the sound of the DAP.

4. Mimouille
    Anyone tried it with the AK240...does it add anything

5. jorge8
    Fiio X5

6. awry
    About 130grams, Mim, if i'm not wrong. =]

7. Schopenhauer
    Can anyone give first-personal impressions of pairing the VorzAMP PURE II with the following headphones: LCD-2 (Fazor), HE-500, T90 and K712? I'm interested in acquiring a new SS amp, preferably portable, that can drive that range of cans. Currently working with the Pan Am, which, I think, drives each of these exceptionally well. I plan to keep, at least for the time being, the Pan Am in addition to the new SS amp. Best and thanks, S

8. maricius

Check out the RSA Intruder, Cypher Labs Duet, and iFi micro iDSD. Those mentioned are powerful enough for the HE-500 thus powerful enough for the rest. The trio fare quite well with IEMs as well.

9. Schopenhauer

maricius: Thanks! I was looking at the RSA SR-71B earlier. Is that The Intruder minus the DAC portion? I previously owned the Rx Mk3-B+ and thought it was excellent, although, perhaps a bit too aggressive for extended listening. Any risk the SR-71B or Intruder might be aggressive? I already have a Solo -dB so I thought I could skip the DAC.

10. WCDchee

The pure 2 is about the best it gets for iems. However, it does not supply high gain well, and just sounds flat and thin. The SR-71A is considered to be excellent by many who prefer it better the sr-71B!

11. maricius

I can wholeheartedly recommend the Duet. I prefer the amp section of the Duet over the Rx but I haven't heard the The Intruder nor the SR-71B. With the CLAS -dB and Duet, you have a fully balanced portable rig!! Not to mention perfectly matching form factor.

12. zeppu08
    How can the sr-71A and B compared? Im also looking on the pure 2 amp and Duet for my ciems but thinking if it can power full size cans as well. Any thoughts?

13. WCDchee

Not sure on how they compare but the sr-71a has a pretty strong following despite being an old amp :)

When comparing the pure 2 and the duet, for iems, imo the pure 2 pulls far ahead. Soundstage wise they are among the best, if not the best compared to the competition. The duet may sound more open and expansive on first listen but a prolonged listen would reveal that it is simply the presentation. The pure 2 is someone leaner, a tad warm and mid centric, while the duet has a slightly thicker signature. However i personally prefer the pure 2 as i find it much cleaner and more refined. But this is mostly a preference thing i believe.

In terms of ability to drive full sized headphones, however, while the pure two has a good gain stage and decent output power, it is not able to provide the higher voltages anywhere as well as the duet can.

14. Schopenhauer
    maricius: You might have sold me on the Duet. Especially since I've heard good things about its pairing with the HE-500. I think the HE-500 is the weakest match with the Pan Am. Thanks!

15. Mimouille
    But the wallet is 600$ lighter :D

First

Back
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Next

Last