Vmoda Crossfade LP or Beats by Dre Pro?
May 8, 2011 at 12:47 AM Post #16 of 23
sticking directly to OP

I would choose the Beats because of their active noise cancelling capabilities, stunning looks, and comfortable pads (compared to the Vmoda).
Their sound is similar- screechy and unclear highs, terribly recessed mids, bloated, messy, muddy, exaggerated lows.

May 9, 2011 at 2:00 AM Post #17 of 23

Quote:
sticking directly to OP

I would choose the Beats because of their active noise cancelling capabilities, stunning looks, and comfortable pads (compared to the Vmoda).
Their sound is similar- screechy and unclear highs, terribly recessed mids, bloated, messy, muddy, exaggerated lows.

The Pro's don't have the ANC, only the studios do FYI... So that pretty much kills all the real advantages of getting the Beats...
wink.gif

May 9, 2011 at 8:58 AM Post #19 of 23

Quote:
what do u guys think about sony xb1000? are they better than beats pro and vmoda?

Only a few (lucky!) people have tried the XB1000 so far so it's difficult to judge where it really stands but seeing how well XB500 and XB700 does at $50 and $80 pricetag respectively (both are generally concidered better than Beats Studios, unsure how I'd compare Beats Pro vs XB500 tho, that might be a fairly even battle in SQ but concidering $50 vs $400 it's a rather silly contest obviously). If this was a betting contest I'd put at least $30 on XB1000 though. :p

djamtrax's review of XB1000 vs Ultrasone Pro 900 along his collection of not only one but several $1000 or so or above headphones and is still able to enjoy listening to XB1000 for electronica says quite a lot IMO so far though.

May 9, 2011 at 10:01 AM Post #20 of 23

Quote:
djamtrax's review of XB1000 vs Ultrasone Pro 900 along his collection of not only one but several $1000 or so or above headphones and is still able to enjoy listening to XB1000 for electronica says quite a lot IMO so far though.

I'm skeptical of his analysis/conclusion...especially with the "club/rolling on E" hyperbole, but, without the XB1000s at my disposal, he may be right. 
Still, I would have a hard time walking around with monster truck tires stuck to my head, even if the XB1000s do turn out to be a better value (not unlikely) or have better sound (again, I have my doubts about this as the review is a bit too "flavor of the month")

I can certainly vouch for the pro 900s as being an amazing pair of headphones for all music types and genres. A fantastic value for some really hi end sound.

May 9, 2011 at 1:01 PM Post #21 of 23
^ I don't doubt whether XB1000 is a great bass headphone or not but more about Ultrasone Pro 900 being a bit of a like or hate relationship and clearly it was djamtrax that wasn't in favor of its sound either. I haven't heard it myself but I'm almost certain I'd love the bass of it but dislike the rest of the frequency response range in a similar way that djamtrax did so yea that's why my conclusions are quite a bit open regarding XB1000 so far. I'm happy it's not yet another heavily V-shaped frequency response, XB1000 seems to have elevated lows but fairly neutral mids & highs (or slightly recessed mid-high range in comparision to bass, depending on how you look at it vs Pro 900's neutral mids but greatly elevated lows and especially highs which are like 7~10dB! above what I'd call neutral).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back