Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors)
Oct 28, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #212 of 5,715
Hi Precsmo,

That sounds good to you. So, how long did it take for you to get the final product? 1 month?

For the comments on CP, I saw its around in the various HK forums. I m not sure how is their services in the past or how many cases are real or how many cases are commerical competition. Anyway, I m a 1st time customer on CP and let me see its final outcome.

Slightly more than 1 month :)

Nov 1, 2013 at 1:01 AM Post #213 of 5,715
Today the Vision Ears tour kit reached me. Thanks Rudi for your wonderful packaging.

These are just early brief check in impressions and anything can change!

Having listened to all 3 this afternoon I seem to have a soft spot for the stage 2 for some reason, Lee will probably immediately think that's because I'm "into mid fi" but I find although it's a tad bassy in the low end it gives me great detail extension with the Rocco BA, I keep leaning for it over the 3 and 4 (so far) but it's very early days and I've not spent nearly as much time with the others.

Even though these are simply demo shells Vision Ears have spared nothing into the build of these units, the finish is of excellent quality and could easily, I repeat easily be sold as a Universal for it's appearance. I'm going to post some macro shots of the finish to give you guys an idea. Take a look at what happens when light shines through the stage 2 shells.

Stage  2 Demo

Now that up there is what I call pretty cool.

Next we have the stage 3 which seemed to sound  more neutral to my ears over stage 2, and the mid range wasn't necessarily clearer to my ears but certainly a tad brighter with more clarity and edges out on extension over the 2. As you can understand having 3 IEM's of such class at the same time can be a little overwhelming, considering I've only had them *looks at watch* 5 hours I need a good few days to gather solid impressions.

Stage 3 Demo

Now onto the stage 4, the big kuhuna, the big mumma bear. I've grabbed two shots, one of the shell faceplates and another of the internals please zoom in on the internal shot to see what's going on inside. out of all three stage diver 4 sounds the most advanced technically but it's either my sources or tip selection because to me it sounds a touch veiled over the 3 or 2 and I'm trying to work out why because others are rather fond of the 4 driver unit. it has the widest stage and emits the most clarity but for some reason I'm not getting the same amounts of extension for example from vocals like Taylor Swift. 

Stage 4 Demo

There's a sneak peek at what arrived today and I feel very spoiled and somewhat overwhelmed with it all, little like a kid in candy store, and time is of the essence with only one week between all three. I'll return in a couple of days but can answer any questions in the mean time. I'd also like to thank Mimouille for offering us this wonderful demo.

~H20

Nov 1, 2013 at 2:22 AM Post #214 of 5,715
Slightly more than 1 month
smily_headphones1.gif

I see. That is a very short lead time!

Nov 1, 2013 at 3:11 AM Post #216 of 5,715
  Thanks H20 for the early impressions. Hope you will enjoy your time with them.

I am very much enjoying them, especially amping the Stage 3 this afternoon. Amongst some other gear I had arrive today this mysterious Project Palaio prototype wooden amplifier, which I know very little about besides it runs off a 9V battery and pairs absolutely great with Stage 3. Soundstage expands detail comes out and simply with some tracks Gavin sent me I was a little jaw dropped with pleasure listening the past 30 minutes. Really brings out the low end and mid range detail. Don't know what's inside this little amp but she's a winner.

Really cool sound coming out of my IHIFI-760 line out with this mysterious amp and the Stage 3.

Nov 1, 2013 at 6:39 AM Post #220 of 5,715

I am sorry but the tour is already full up and everything is planned. I do not want to make it longer and have to reorganize everything as I am paying the deposit for the ciems. Maybe next time :)

Ok, that's cool. 

You guys have fun. Mim, do you need THAT many IEMs 
confused.gif
? How many ears do you have 
wink.gif

Nov 1, 2013 at 10:45 AM Post #224 of 5,715
I'm still leaning towards the Stage 2 here listening late this morning, for some reason with my DAPs it gives better detail to my ears,it's kind of aggressive raw detail like that I enjoy while to me the 4 especially sounds much smoother around the mid range. I dunno what going on but, that's how I'm hearing it guys, while the Stage 2 isn't as refined or hold as good posture / control the detail digging in wins me over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back