Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors)
Feb 28, 2022 at 2:55 PM Post #4,861 of 5,717
I've got a Mojo 2 on the way! It should be here tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to experimenting with the lossless DSP with EXT... Going to boost the upper mids on EXT as I am a little partial to them. So much room for experimentation! The mid bass boost region of the DSP worked wonders on Odin when I tested it.

Mar 1, 2022 at 6:37 AM Post #4,864 of 5,717
So finally after 5 days I unboxed my Phonix! Currently pairing it with R8, already in love with the vocals, and the musicality! Not sure why people are saying bass is low, although quite clearly it's BA bass, but enough for me. I only bought this set for vocal based genres. Will check how it pairs with M17 later.

Tried cable swap with doctorjuggles 8W pure silver, immediately the difference was there, sound became it bit more warm, bass had more body with the expense of the tightness, and I think little clarity got lost as well. I went back to the stock cable and I so far I prefer this pairing.

Mar 3, 2022 at 12:42 AM Post #4,868 of 5,717
Magnifique

C0251FB1-8B35-4B79-9B67-39D62DA6054E.JPEG

Mar 3, 2022 at 1:13 AM Post #4,869 of 5,717
I loved the VE8, but am struggling to enjoy the Elysium. I had planned to buy an EXT, but given that I am not yet enamored with the Elysium I am having second thoughts on this.
You should definitely listen to them first before buying if you can. If you liked the VE8 and not the Elysium, then maybe you should consider Phonix. Phonix is the most like VE8 between Ely, Phonix, EXT. But, it is a step up in resolution and quality.

EXT and Elysium are very different IEMs. EXT has a lot of bass. Ely is bass light. So, the music that they are best with are completely different.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2022 at 4:46 AM Post #4,870 of 5,717
I agree I think that is what I am missing with the Elysium, that pleasing bass of the VE8 which for me isnt quite there on the Elysium. It loses some of the fun and excitement I got from the VE8, probably not best suited to my preference in music which is quite low-end driven.

Mar 3, 2022 at 7:30 PM Post #4,872 of 5,717
I agree I think that is what I am missing with the Elysium, that pleasing bass of the VE8 which for me isnt quite there on the Elysium. It loses some of the fun and excitement I got from the VE8, probably not best suited to my preference in music which is quite low-end driven.
While I’ve not heard V8, I find Ely has ample bass but unobtrusively.
I’d like to recommend trying cable(s) alternate to stock, and use of cp145 stock spin fit tips. Also, med to hi gain, balanced, depending on source. Cheers

Mar 3, 2022 at 7:56 PM Post #4,873 of 5,717
While I’ve not heard V8, I find Ely has ample bass but unobtrusively.
I’d like to recommend trying cable(s) alternate to stock, and use of cp145 stock spin fit tips. Also, med to hi gain, balanced, depending on source. Cheers
I just put a Norne Audio 20.5 gauge copper cable on my Ely and damn does that improve the bass and everything else

Users who are viewing this thread

Back