Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors)
Jan 26, 2022 at 3:38 PM Post #4,696 of 5,715
So I've just done some tip rolling on the EXT and these are my findings haha

- Most comfortable = Spiral Dot ++
- Best detail retrieval / most forward vocals = Spinfit CP500
- Best staging / ethereal sounding = Spiral Dot (Originals)
- Best bass = Faudio Vocal
- Best mixture of bass (very good but not to Faudio level) / treble and detail retrieval = Azla Crystals
- Most noise isolating = Azla Crystals

Other tips used: Spinfit CP155, ePro horn tips, Azla Sedna light / light short, Radius Deep mount tip.

I also have quite a few others here that I haven't tried so if there are any in particular that you'd like to know about let me know (AET 07, Spinfit CP100, 145, Symbio wide bore, Final audio E, Tornado, double flange (ouch), Oval Eartips).

I currently cycle between the Spiral Dot OG, Spinfit CP500's and Azla Crystals.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2022 at 8:27 PM Post #4,697 of 5,715
So I've just done some tip rolling on the EXT and these are my findings haha

- Most comfortable = Spiral Dot ++
- Best detail retrieval / most forward vocals = Spinfit CP500
- Best staging / ethereal sounding = Spiral Dot (Originals)
- Best bass = Faudio Vocal
- Best mixture of bass (very good but not to Faudio level) / treble and detail retrieval = Azla Crystals
- Most noise isolating = Azla Crystals

Other tips used: Spinfit CP155, ePro horn tips, Azla Sedna light / light short, Radius Deep mount tip.

I also have quite a few others here that I haven't tried so if there are any in particular that you'd like to know about let me know (AET 07, Spinfit CP100, 145, Symbio wide bore, Final audio E, Tornado, double flange (ouch), Oval Eartips).

I currently cycle between the Spiral Dot OG, Spinfit CP500's and Azla Crystals.

Crystals are my favorite sounding--Spiral Dot ++ are just a touch wider and this helped me nail the fit with EXT to the point I can wear it indefinitely without fatigue. I'll try Crystals again once I get my hands on my own EXT.

Jan 26, 2022 at 9:57 PM Post #4,698 of 5,715

Jan 27, 2022 at 5:01 PM Post #4,700 of 5,715
Kristalle sind mein Lieblingsklang – Spiral Dot ++ sind nur einen Hauch breiter und dies hat mir geholfen, die Passform mit EXT so zu verbessern, dass ich sie unbegrenzt ohne Ermüdung tragen kann. Ich werde Crystals erneut versuchen, sobald ich mein eigenes EXT in die Hände bekommen habe.
Über eine Beschreibung und Meinung zum SpinFit 100, SpinFit 145 und dem Final Audio E mit dem EXT würde ich mich sehr freuen.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2022 at 5:04 PM Post #4,701 of 5,715
I would be very happy about a description and your opinion about the SpinFit 100, SpinFit 145 and the Final Audio E with the EXT.

I never tried any of those tips as they don't fit my ears. I'm very-- or rather my ears are very picky. I almost exclusively use Spiral dots or various Sednafit eartips as they're the only ones that can consistently give me a good seal. With the EXT, the Spiral Dots ++ won the day for me.

Jan 28, 2022 at 10:28 AM Post #4,703 of 5,715

Watch this space...​

Nice. Props to everyone organizing these tours-- doing God's work getting these IEMs into more ears of fortunate portable audio enthusiasts.

Jan 28, 2022 at 10:50 PM Post #4,704 of 5,715
Celebrating new career shift with something Purple arriving next week 🥳

Jan 29, 2022 at 1:36 AM Post #4,705 of 5,715
Jan 29, 2022 at 3:27 AM Post #4,707 of 5,715
Good morning Cape Town!

Phonix1.jpg

Jan 29, 2022 at 4:39 AM Post #4,708 of 5,715
Jan 29, 2022 at 4:44 AM Post #4,709 of 5,715
Lovely photo as always. Enjoy, man!
Yeah, I agree. But it does not help with my growing interest in the Phoenix.. Nor does your latest ranking, by the way. So thank you both very much... :)

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2022 at 10:49 AM Post #4,710 of 5,715
Anyways....i've tried Iliad with EXT as the stock cable is one step too smooth for my taste and .....yeah, it's quite nice (the Iliad) but a bit into your face and treble is sometimes a little bit too sharp, too bright. I like it clear but here it's sometimes too much for me. I think Iliad is the perfect partner for Ely.

I've almost pulled the trigger for Eletech's Aeneid but a mysterious power held me back. Any recomendations for the EXT here ? Who tried the Aeneid - EXT combo ? Or Socrates - EXT ? I would pay this insane price for the Aeneid if necessary but it's not that i can't wait to burn my money. I'd prefer Socrates if a few mates here would recommend it.
My EXT is arriving next week and will be cable rolling Aeneid, Socrates, Project 8 Plato and Plato x Socrates over the coming weeks - but will most end up sticking with stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back