Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors)
Jan 31, 2022 at 9:54 AM Post #4,726 of 5,717
EXT.jpg

Feb 1, 2022 at 10:45 AM Post #4,727 of 5,717
I’m not sure if I missed it, but are you doing a full review of Phonix ? (and in time the EXT also)

Feb 1, 2022 at 4:41 PM Post #4,728 of 5,717
I’m not sure if I missed it, but are you doing a full review of Phonix ? (and in time the EXT also)
Yes I am. Not sure what format they'll take though. Phonix will likely be its own review, EXT may be a shootout review.

Feb 1, 2022 at 4:52 PM Post #4,729 of 5,717
Yes I am. Not sure what format they'll take though. Phonix will likely be its own review, EXT may be a shootout review.
Most curious about Phonix impressions...

Feb 1, 2022 at 5:07 PM Post #4,731 of 5,717
What would you like to know?
Interested in your view on them, hopefully with some references to IEMs we both know such as Fourte and Traillii. Most impressions I have read are positive but not all. They are pricey. Even if they are good I wonder if they're worth the price tag. Looking forward to your review.

Feb 1, 2022 at 5:16 PM Post #4,732 of 5,717
Interested in your view on them, hopefully with some references to IEMs we both know such as Fourte and Traillii. Most impressions I have read are positive but not all. They are pricey. Even if they are good I wonder if they're worth the price tag. Looking forward to your review.
I'll do my best to describe how they compare to what I currently have on hand, and where I see them fit sound-wise. Not sure I'll be able to answer the last question; I can only draw conclusions based on my own preferences, and I'll be very clear about that in the review.

Feb 2, 2022 at 2:01 PM Post #4,733 of 5,717
Purple touchdown! Skipping the unboxing pics, LOL.

First impression, packaging on point - very luxurious - was a challenging getting the EXTs out of the foam followed by trying to slip on ear tips - it's been a workout, LULz.

IMG_3952.jpeg

Feb 2, 2022 at 2:11 PM Post #4,734 of 5,717
Purple touchdown! Skipping the unboxing pics, LOL.

First impression, packaging on point - very luxurious - was a challenging getting the EXTs out of the foam followed by trying to slip on ear tips - it's been a workout, LULz.

IMG_3952.jpeg
I spent upwards of 20 minutes trying to swap tips the first time I did it too. I've found that you have to do it in one, swift motion. It's almost like quicksand; the more you struggle with it, the harder it'll get. :D All you have to do is place half the nozzle in half of the tip, then quickly push and stretch the rest of the tip over the other side. I can swap tips - any tips - in seconds now on the first try.

Feb 2, 2022 at 3:17 PM Post #4,735 of 5,717
I spent upwards of 20 minutes trying to swap tips the first time I did it too. I've found that you have to do it in one, swift motion. It's almost like quicksand; the more you struggle with it, the harder it'll get. :D All you have to do is place half the nozzle in half of the tip, then quickly push and stretch the rest of the tip over the other side. I can swap tips - any tips - in seconds now on the first try.
yeah, it takes some practice.
What I do is to "nail" one end when I stretch the other over the nozzle.

Feb 2, 2022 at 3:19 PM Post #4,736 of 5,717
Yeah I figured it out fairly quickly myself. It's easier to get the tips on than to get a good fit though. Only 3 out of a dozen tips were anywhere near comfortable enough to use.

Feb 2, 2022 at 3:21 PM Post #4,737 of 5,717
Yeah I figured it out fairly quickly myself. It's easier to get the tips on than to get a good fit though. Only 3 out of a dozen tips were anywhere near comfortable enough to use.

And this is why they bit the dust for me, no IEM is worth discomfort or constant fidgeting. The EXT is one of the hardest IEMs to get a solid fit (for myself), I could actually use the Z1R for longer but that’s not saying much considering I sold them for the same reason.

Feb 2, 2022 at 3:21 PM Post #4,738 of 5,717
This is how I have put on tips for the longest time:

Feb 2, 2022 at 3:26 PM Post #4,740 of 5,717
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back