Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors)
May 17, 2015 at 4:52 AM Post #616 of 5,715
  Well of course it is :wink: in my opinion personal preference is all that is this about. Technically all those CIEMs seem to be really amazing. The VE5 does not work for me. Neither with some instruments nor with vocals. If it works for you, perfect! It is still a great in ear.

Anyway as I said, I prefer the more neutral sound signature, but there is not much I found about the Rhines Stage 7 and this mysterious Stage 4U. Anyone here who could compare the "neutral ones" (Stage 3 / VE3, Stage 4U, VE6 X2, Stage 7)?

I was lucky enough to try the Stage 4U and it was probably my favourite out of the Rhines Custom lineup. It has the nice neutral sound of the Stage 3 / VE3 but with enhanced bass.  The bass boost is subtle and so it doesn't make the 4U sound too warm.  I would personally rank as follows: VE6 X2 > Stage 4U > Stage 3.  I don't think the Stage 7 is available to demo yet in Europe.

I exchanged a few emails with the Japanese chain e-earphone about the VE5.  The reaction they've had from customers so far is that it does seem a marmite CIEM; well received by those who like a brighter sound, but described as a bit unnatural sounding by those who like warmth.  Personally, I had to use the treble boost with a lot of TOTL CIEMs I demoed and so it may suit me.  I will definitely post my impressions once I finally have a demo.

May 20, 2015 at 6:24 AM Post #618 of 5,715
It would be called Poor Man's X1.

Of course it is not possible, you can get something similar but exactly the same? I would definitely say no. I am sure the control system is more than just simple EQing.

May 20, 2015 at 5:33 PM Post #619 of 5,715
  It would be called Poor Man's X1.

Of course it is not possible, you can get something similar but exactly the same? I would definitely say no. I am sure the control system is more than just simple EQing.

Good to know. A similar X1 is better than nothing. I dont need the exact same. I use a FiiO X5 and have a EQ on it but dont know which settings would be perfect to get a X1. Do you have any idea which frequency i must use to get the X1?

May 21, 2015 at 12:04 PM Post #620 of 5,715
Really don't think you can EQ your way from a VE6X2 to X1. X2 bass is forwardly precise while it is fuller and relax on the X1.

The base (not BASS) performance of your gears should fall within your liking without the need for EQ-ing.  Further enhancement will come from amp pairing and upgrading cables.

May 21, 2015 at 2:38 PM Post #621 of 5,715
  Really don't think you can EQ your way from a VE6X2 to X1. X2 bass is forwardly precise while it is fuller and relax on the X1.

The base performance of your gears should fall within your liking without the need for EQ-ing.  Further enhancement will come from amp pairing and upgrading cables.

I have a Audioeffect Thor Chopper Cable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back