Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors)
May 15, 2015 at 1:04 PM Post #601 of 5,715
Very dynamic and energetic, but still with a smooth musical delivery
cool.gif

May 15, 2015 at 8:54 PM Post #604 of 5,715
I'm still waiting to demo the VE5. Another two weeks at least. When you say it is terrible for a lot of instruments on stage, do you mean the separation is not good?

If you hear When you were young from the killers from the beginning. You hear i think 2 e-guitars.They sounds very terrible on VE5. I think the Sound is too heavy for much (electro-)instruments. 

May 16, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #607 of 5,715
  If you hear much music with voice and little bit instruments like an guitar - you will love it. But the VE5 is not there Flagship. Which music and artists do you prefer for? 

I like all types of music, although I don't really listen to a lot of heavy rock or classical music. I guess the genre I listen to the most is pop and R&B.  I prefer female vocalists.  I'm mostly interested in the VE5, because I definitely like a bright sound and forward vocals.  For some reason I am sensitive (not sure if that's the right word) to warm earphones.

May 16, 2015 at 1:34 PM Post #610 of 5,715
I listened to the Ve6 and ve5 and I prefer the 5 over the six. It's not which one is best, it's which one fits your preference best

The VE5 is a special one not a allrounder like the VE6. I think if you hear much music genres with much Instruments on stage and you prefer a good voice the VE 6 X1 is the best for you. The VE 5 is very very special.

May 16, 2015 at 3:11 PM Post #611 of 5,715
It was the VE6 xControl. I didn't really like the light bass setting and in the other setting the mids weren't as nice as in the VE5. I prefer better mids over bigger bass. I also found the V5 more clear sounding, but that could have been the custom vs universal effect maybe?

Anyway, my personal preference is with the VE5

May 16, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #612 of 5,715
  It was the VE6 xControl. I didn't really like the light bass setting and in the other setting the mids weren't as nice as in the VE5. I prefer better mids over bigger bass. I also found the V5 more clear sounding, but that could have been the custom vs universal effect maybe?

Anyway, my personal preference is with the VE5

But it dosent change the fact, that much instruments dosent work with the ve 5. Its a musican inear for singers.

May 16, 2015 at 6:27 PM Post #613 of 5,715
Hi guys. I'm new here on head fi. Well, I'm new at posting. I started reading this and some other threads a while ago and now that I read every single post in this thread I think it's time to take part in this discussion :wink:

I got to listen to the whole Rhines Stage series (apart from the Stage 7 and the Stage 4U that doesn't seem to be for sale in Germany) as well as to the whole Vision Ears VE series.
I have a few demos at home and it is still hard to decide which one to choose.

Quote:
  But it dosent change the fact, that much instruments dosent work with the ve 5. Its a musican inear for singers.

Signed. I totally agree with GoingBackHome here. The VE5 sounded a bit strange to me. It may be great for singers on stage, but it doesn't fit my taste for listening to music. Even with music like Norah Jones the mids were too much for me. Yes, the focus is there, but for my taste it is a bit like "in your face!". I couldn't really enjoy this CIEM (demo).

At this point I am preferring the VE3 / Stage 3 as well as the VE6 X2 because of their more neutral sound signature.

May 16, 2015 at 6:46 PM Post #615 of 5,715
Well of course it is :wink: in my opinion personal preference is all that is this about. Technically all those CIEMs seem to be really amazing. The VE5 does not work for me. Neither with some instruments nor with vocals. If it works for you, perfect! It is still a great in ear.

Anyway as I said, I prefer the more neutral sound signature, but there is not much I found about the Rhines Stage 7 and this mysterious Stage 4U. Anyone here who could compare the "neutral ones" (Stage 3 / VE3, Stage 4U, VE6 X2, Stage 7)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back