Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors)
Apr 26, 2020 at 4:23 PM Post #1,471 of 5,715
Heard back from Chord. They stated nothing in the specs of the elysium would be an issue for the mojo. They also said given the price of the elysium, the hugo 2 is more in line with elysium price wise. Got a laugh out of that. Even though it may be true.

That is a great response!

Honestly, I am convinced I did not hear the Elysium at anywhere near their best when I first listened to them. Even so, I was still quite impressed.

Looking forward to spending more time with these little guys some time in the near future. H2 has been on my radar for a while as a mojo upgrade (although, the mojo is a pretty nifty little dac.)

Elysium + H2 pairing I reckon would be a nice listen, indeed.

Apr 27, 2020 at 10:21 AM Post #1,474 of 5,715
Isn’t the N8 quite warm though? I personally like it better off brighter sources
Not really. The tube output will be a touch more musical, but the SS outputs will act as SS. And there is a 4.4mm SS output as well which I currently use with my Elysium. I prefer the tube output most of the time and I also like the 4.4 SS. Others like the 3.5mm SS. The interface stinks though. Just a heads up on that. Not a big deal to me, but you need to know that before looking at one.

Apr 27, 2020 at 11:13 AM Post #1,475 of 5,715
Hmm okay it's bugging me a bit so I figured I would share my thoughts here as there's no other place to do it.

I had placed an order for a custom Elysium back on March 16th, on March 17th non-essential businesses in my area were closed due to Covid, therefore making getting impressions impossible.

Fast forward to a bit over a week ago I started wanting a new IEM to enjoy during lockdown as I'm listening to more music than I ever have, so I considered the Erlkonig as universals were my only option at this point from VE, and I wanted to own a VE IEM. Long story short, I paid for the Erlkonig one week ago (last Monday 20th, received it Wednesday the 22nd). The following day (Tuesday 21st) the universal Elysium was announced. Would I have bought that instead of the Erlkonig had I have known it was going come out the day after? I'm not totally sure as I am a fan of customs, but I can't help but feel that not even 24 hours after I paid for the Erlkonig that maybe some sort of heads up for the universal Elysium would have been given? After all, they have had my CIEM Elysium order with them for over a month at this point so it was no secret that I shared a high interest in the Elysium.

Now one week from the day I paid for the Erlkonig they've announced the original is no longer produced and there will be a new limited edition Erlkonig coming out in June. I don't really expect to be given any sort of heads up on a situation like this, but I just can't help but feel that between the universal Elysium situation and now one week later there will be a LE Erlkonig coming out, that I was sort of purposely withheld information to help them get rid of the last Erlkonig inventory, and to end up spending $4200 instead of the $2200 USD or so the universal Elysium would have costed me.

I love the Erlkonig and I am happy with the buy for sure, but being my first VE purchase I can't help but have a bit of a salty taste in my mouth with this purchasing experience, and I really feel like I had a quick one pulled on me.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2020 at 11:17 AM Post #1,476 of 5,715
Hmm okay it's bugging me a bit so I figured I would share my thoughts here as there's no other place to do it.

I had placed an order for a custom Elysium back on March 16th, on March 17th non-essential businesses in my area were closed due to Covid, therefore making getting impressions impossible.

Fast forward to a bit over a week ago I started wanting a new IEM to enjoy during lockdown as I'm listening to more music than I ever have, so I considered the Erlkonig as universals were my only option at this point from VE, and I wanted to own a VE IEM. Long story short, I paid for the Erlkonig one week ago (last Monday 20th, received it Wednesday the 22nd). The following day (Tuesday 21st) the universal Elysium was announced. Would I have bought that instead of the Erlkonig had I have known it was going come out the day after? I'm not totally sure as I am a fan of customs, but I can't help but feel that not even 24 hours after I paid for the Erlkonig that maybe some sort of heads up for the universal Elysium would have been given? After all, they have had my CIEM Elysium order with them for over a month at this point so it was no secret that I shared a high interest in the Elysium.

Now one week from the day I paid for the Erlkonig they've announced the original is no longer produced and there will be a new limited edition Erlkonig coming out in June. I don't really expect to be given any sort of heads up on a situation like this, but I just can't help but feel that between the universal Elysium situation and now one week later there will be a LE Erlkonig coming out, that I was sort of purposely withheld information to help them get rid of the last Erlkonig inventory, and to end up spending $4200 instead of the $2200 USD or so the universal Elysium would have costed me.

I love the Erlkonig and I am happy with the buy for sure, but being my first VE purchase I can't help but have a bit of a salty taste in my mouth with this purchasing experience, and I really feel like I had a quick one pulled on me.

I personally would have emailed them after the Ely situation as I believe you have grounds to be annoyed given the circumstances.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2020 at 12:19 PM Post #1,477 of 5,715

Did you specifically ask about successors to the model you were interested in? I find it helps to specifically ask and start a conversation to see if there is something else coming.
You are 100% correct on the universal Elysium. That should have been provided as an alternative considering the delay as you cannot get impressions made.
It sounds like you like the Erlk though, so maybe it worked out for the best.

Apr 27, 2020 at 12:21 PM Post #1,478 of 5,715
Did you specifically ask about successors to the model you were interested in? I find it helps to specifically ask and start a conversation to see if there is something else coming.
You are 100% correct on the universal Elysium. That should have been provided as an alternative considering the delay as you cannot get impressions made.
It sounds like you like the Erlk though, so maybe it worked out for the best.

I love the Erlkonig, I really hope the upcoming limited edition is just some sort of color change or I will be incredibly bummed out, lol.

Apr 27, 2020 at 2:32 PM Post #1,481 of 5,715

I'd be pretty miffed about this if it happened to me. More so the Universal Elysium than the LE, but both would bug me. The fact that you have a standing order with them for the Elysium and they didn't let you know about the universal one as you decide to purchase another universal from them is poor customer service. Are they obligated to? Technically not. I think it would have actually benefited them because that sort of action is what builds a loyal long-term customer base and builds up their reputation as a reputable company. The LE Erlk is more understandable because these things are supposed to be a surprise, but again, a heads up would have been the considerate thing to do. Fortunately, it seems like the LE doesn't feature any sonic differences. If anything, this will make the value of your existing Erlk go up because it's the OG and it's out of circulation.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2020 at 3:02 PM Post #1,482 of 5,715
I'd be pretty miffed about this if it happened to me. More so the Universal Elysium than the LE, but both would bug me. The fact that you have a standing order with them for the Elysium and they didn't let you know about the universal one as you decide to purchase another universal from them is poor customer service. Are they obligated to? Technically not. I think it would have actually benefited them because that sort of action is what builds a loyal long-term customer base and builds up their reputation as a reputable company. The LE Erlk is more understandable because these things are supposed to be a surprise, but again, a heads up would have been the considerate thing to do. Fortunately, it seems like the LE doesn't feature any sonic differences. If anything, this will make the value of your existing Erlk go up because it's the OG and it's out of circulation.

My mindset pretty much is in line with what you have said. I don't want to sound entitled at all and I hope my post didn't come off that way whatsoever. The Erlkonig is an absolutely stunning IEM and I am beyond happy with my purchase, with or without the universal Elysium. I guess it just feels like a bit of a "low blow" if you will. Johannes has been nothing but awesome with me throughout our conversations and super helpful, but here the collective events sort of left me feeling a bit bummed I guess.

Like you said, this more or so just falls in line with customer service to me. I hold that in high regards and it goes a long way for me when it comes to buying things. I blind bought the A18s just over a month ago because I have had nothing but good experiences with 64audio, and obviously their flagship IEMs are among the best in the industry.

Apr 27, 2020 at 5:26 PM Post #1,483 of 5,715
Shot them an email, we’ll see what happens. At this point I don’t think there’s anything in my control anyways.
Sounds good. Let’s see what their reply is. They might offer you something to make it up to you. Maybe a discount on something else? Just a thought. They are known to provide good customer service. It is one of the reasons I purchased my VE’s. Tks.

Apr 27, 2020 at 5:27 PM Post #1,484 of 5,715
My mindset pretty much is in line with what you have said. I don't want to sound entitled at all and I hope my post didn't come off that way whatsoever. The Erlkonig is an absolutely stunning IEM and I am beyond happy with my purchase, with or without the universal Elysium. I guess it just feels like a bit of a "low blow" if you will. Johannes has been nothing but awesome with me throughout our conversations and super helpful, but here the collective events sort of left me feeling a bit bummed I guess.

Like you said, this more or so just falls in line with customer service to me. I hold that in high regards and it goes a long way for me when it comes to buying things. I blind bought the A18s just over a month ago because I have had nothing but good experiences with 64audio, and obviously their flagship IEMs are among the best in the industry.
Allot of folks are disgruntled with 64Audio from time to time. Hopefully this is just a mistake and not something that will be repeated.

Apr 27, 2020 at 5:31 PM Post #1,485 of 5,715
Allot of folks are disgruntled with 64Audio from time to time. Hopefully this is just a mistake and not something that will be repeated.

Yeah, no company is perfect by any means and that's for sure not the vibe I was trying to give off. I will report back once I hear from them tomorrow. Hopefully it's good news. Regardless I still stand behind the Erlkonig and how good of a product it is :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back