Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors)
Apr 24, 2020 at 9:44 PM Post #1,456 of 5,715
Rose Gold, Oynx, stock, for your eyes only

20200424_193923.jpg

Apr 25, 2020 at 7:54 PM Post #1,459 of 5,715
@circafreedom what do you mean when you say that the mojo "doesn't work" with electrostats?

Apr 25, 2020 at 8:09 PM Post #1,460 of 5,715
@toaster. This is off of mojos faq site. “With the exception of electrostatics, Mojo is compatible with all earphones, headphones, IEMs, CIEMs, no matter how sensitive or hard to drive they are.” Maybe it’s outdated info. I also saw in a review the elysium has some tech for the electrostats so any dap can play them.
Just wanted to make sure before I use the mojo with the tour’s elysium.

Apr 25, 2020 at 8:12 PM Post #1,461 of 5,715
Hmm...interesting.

Are you just worried about accidental damage? If so, that’s really good of you to be so careful.

I don’t think you really need to worry about that, but I’d actually be curious what chord says about this if you send them an email.

if you do, please share with the class what you find out.

Apr 25, 2020 at 8:39 PM Post #1,462 of 5,715
Don't quote me since I'm not affiliated with Chord, but I'm gonna guess they mean it doesn't work with Electrostatic Headphones. I don't think they are referencing electret drivers in IEMs. Two different types of technology in play here.

Apr 26, 2020 at 12:24 AM Post #1,465 of 5,715
@toaster. This is off of mojos faq site. “With the exception of electrostatics, Mojo is compatible with all earphones, headphones, IEMs, CIEMs, no matter how sensitive or hard to drive they are.” Maybe it’s outdated info. I also saw in a review the elysium has some tech for the electrostats so any dap can play them.
Just wanted to make sure before I use the mojo with the tour’s elysium.

Yeah, as others have said, the electrostatics they’re referring to there are electrostatic headphones, because those need a special amplifier/transformer to properly function. Whereas, the electrostatic drivers in CIEMs (including the ELYSIUM) have a built-in transformer (the green, coil-looking thing), so normal amps can drive them.

Apr 26, 2020 at 10:13 AM Post #1,466 of 5,715
I contacted chord. I’ll share their thoughts.
Yeah, as others have said, the electrostatics they’re referring to there are electrostatic headphones, because those need a special amplifier/transformer to properly function. Whereas, the electrostatic drivers in CIEMs (including the ELYSIUM) have a built-in transformer (the green, coil-looking thing), so normal amps can drive them.
And to my knowledge, the only iem that falls into that category would be the Shure KSE1500.

Apr 26, 2020 at 10:45 AM Post #1,468 of 5,715
Heard back from Chord. They stated nothing in the specs of the elysium would be an issue for the mojo. They also said given the price of the elysium, the hugo 2 is more in line with elysium price wise. Got a laugh out of that. Even though it may be true.
Lmao the mojo is too cheap to drive the Elysium :D

Apr 26, 2020 at 3:45 PM Post #1,469 of 5,715
Apr 26, 2020 at 3:47 PM Post #1,470 of 5,715
Yeah, don't go slappin' Walmart tires on that Ferrari!
Hehe

Price aside though, the Hugo2 is to date my absolute favourite source for the elysium - the synergy is absolutely amazing and the texture, detail and resolution are off the charts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back