Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors)
Oct 26, 2019 at 2:14 AM Post #1,081 of 5,715
I think you’re in for a treat, I found the universal Elysium to be very good, but the custom was the first time that I listened to an IEM and thought to myself, this could comfortably be the last earphone I buy
I like the sounds of that. :)

Oct 26, 2019 at 9:11 AM Post #1,082 of 5,715
On the topic of the Elysium :)
A23FD40C-7061-425F-88FD-BEA090E81688.jpeg
67B6E98F-9D80-4488-8617-EF7196395725.jpeg

Oct 26, 2019 at 11:44 AM Post #1,083 of 5,715
I love my A12t, it has been my on the go partner for a long time. The ELYSIUM is very different in signature. It has extraordinary lush mids driven by that dynamic driver that are almost liquid in their euphonics. Everything in the signature seems larger and closer with an incredibly nature and full-sized voice experience. The level of detail is out of this world. The ELYSIUM makes the a12t feel v-shaped and distant in comparison. This is not a cut on the A12 as it is an awesome monitor, it is just that the ELYSIUM is the best at what it does.

So you can say that the ELYSIUM is mid centric vs. the a12 being move v-shaped for a very different listening experience. However, that doesn't take into account the dynamic driver which rocks and the 2xEST which is the top dog for the treble experience as far as I am concerned. I am listening now to the universal ELYSIUM from the US tour kit in my signature but have a custom version on its way to compare this next week. I am expecting the custom ELYSIUM to be an even better experience based on what I am hearing now. :)

I already find the A12t to be a bit V-shaped, and a little bit boring, but if you made me pick one CIEM for the rest of my life, they would be near the top of the list. They just do everything really well and they aren't fatiguing at all so you can listen to them all day.

I cannot wait to try the Elysium, I think I'm going to go for it. Thanks for the tips!

Oct 27, 2019 at 11:53 AM Post #1,084 of 5,715
I love my A12t, it has been my on the go partner for a long time. The ELYSIUM is very different in signature. It has extraordinary lush mids driven by that dynamic driver that are almost liquid in their euphonics. Everything in the signature seems larger and closer with an incredibly nature and full-sized voice experience. The level of detail is out of this world. The ELYSIUM makes the a12t feel v-shaped and distant in comparison. This is not a cut on the A12 as it is an awesome monitor, it is just that the ELYSIUM is the best at what it does.

So you can say that the ELYSIUM is mid centric vs. the a12 being move v-shaped for a very different listening experience. However, that doesn't take into account the dynamic driver which rocks and the 2xEST which is the top dog for the treble experience as far as I am concerned. I am listening now to the universal ELYSIUM from the US tour kit in my signature but have a custom version on its way to compare this next week. I am expecting the custom ELYSIUM to be an even better experience based on what I am hearing now. :)

That's an interesting little read, thanks. I have the A12ts and was eyeing up the Elysium but got swayed by all the good reviews for the VE8 and went for that. How does the A12t and VE8 compare to you?

Oct 27, 2019 at 12:00 PM Post #1,085 of 5,715
Does anyone know if VE accepts 3D molds? I’m going in next week to get some impressions :)

Oct 27, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #1,086 of 5,715
Does anyone know if VE accepts 3D molds? I’m going in next week to get some impressions :)
They want full impressions

That’s how they offer so many more colors than most other companies :)

Oct 27, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #1,087 of 5,715

To echo what mvvRAZ and the vision ears rep posted on here a few pages back "As part of our quality production process, we are working on the raw ear impressions before we scan them. Therefor we will need the original impressions here and cannot work with the *.STL files. We know it is an extra effort to send them, but we think it is necessary and worth it regarding the finished product."

Hope that helps.

Oct 27, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #1,088 of 5,715
That's an interesting little read, thanks. I have the A12ts and was eyeing up the Elysium but got swayed by all the good reviews for the VE8 and went for that. How does the A12t and VE8 compare to you?
If you have both, you would probably say that they are more comparable too. However, the VE8 mids don't seem so recessed in comparison. At the same dB, I would say the VE8 is fuller in size, closer. I love both, but just getting to know the VE8 as a demo, and have not heard a custom. In custom, I could see me liking the VE8 more as it is really tempting me right now. If I could only have one of the three, it would clearly be the ELYSIUM. Second could easily go to the VE8, but need more time to play. :)

Oct 28, 2019 at 2:54 AM Post #1,089 of 5,715
If you have both, you would probably say that they are more comparable too. However, the VE8 mids don't seem so recessed in comparison. At the same dB, I would say the VE8 is fuller in size, closer. I love both, but just getting to know the VE8 as a demo, and have not heard a custom. In custom, I could see me liking the VE8 more as it is really tempting me right now. If I could only have one of the three, it would clearly be the ELYSIUM. Second could easily go to the VE8, but need more time to play. :)

Thank you.I have my VE8 arriving today so will be able to do a comparison as well, but wanted to get your thoughts. I nearly did go for the Elysium but the comments about being bass light put me off. The VE8 sounded more me, but I'll find out soon enough...bought them blind off the reviews so moment of truth beckons :)

Oct 28, 2019 at 3:21 AM Post #1,090 of 5,715
@Vision Ears what kind of use intensity is the Elysium designed to handle?

I keep my ears very clean and I don't sweat much, but the hours that I'm pumping into it are pretty high, around 50 or 60 per week. I do maintain it very well though, it gets vacuumed and dehumidified daily

Hi mvvRAZ, we cannot give any clear use intensity instructions. But generally, 0ur in-ears are designed to be used on stage with heavy sweating and intensive professional use while rehearsing and touring. So it all comes down to how you handle them. With your handling described, you are definitely good to go.

Hope that helps!

Johannes

Vision Ears Stay updated on Vision Ears at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/visionears.de/ https://www.instagram.com/visionears https://vision-ears.de/ info@vision-ears.de
Oct 28, 2019 at 3:25 AM Post #1,091 of 5,715
Ordered Elysium from a local store a couple of weeks back. Yesterday I received an order overview email from Vision-Ears. Does anyone know which stage is this currently at their development cycle?
Hi steamboiled,
Thanks for your order :call_me:
The point when you receive the confirmation e-mail is, when your local dealer sends the order to us electronically. After that we are waiting for the ear impressions to arrive and will assign your in-ear to a production week. Your dealer will be able to see online, in which week the production is planned.

All the best,

Johannes

Vision Ears Stay updated on Vision Ears at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/visionears.de/ https://www.instagram.com/visionears https://vision-ears.de/ info@vision-ears.de
Oct 28, 2019 at 3:42 AM Post #1,092 of 5,715
Hi mvvRAZ, we cannot give any clear use intensity instructions. But generally, 0ur in-ears are designed to be used on stage with heavy sweating and intensive professional use while rehearsing and touring. So it all comes down to how you handle them. With your handling described, you are definitely good to go.

Hope that helps!

Johannes
Awesome thank you :)

I might have to place an order for another Elysium sooner or later haha, it has changed the IEM game for me

Oct 28, 2019 at 3:55 AM Post #1,093 of 5,715
I think you’re in for a treat, I found the universal Elysium to be very good, but the custom was the first time that I listened to an IEM and thought to myself, this could comfortably be the last earphone I buy
If I've ever heard a lie, this will be ranked on top. How many times have I told myself that same lie, and the last time was right before I bought the Erlkonig:floatsmile::ksc75smile:

Oct 28, 2019 at 3:57 AM Post #1,094 of 5,715
If I've ever heard a lie, this will be ranked on top. How many times have I told myself that same lie, and the last time was right before I bought the Erlkonig:floatsmile::ksc75smile:
Hahah, while I would normally agree with you, the Elysium alone made me sell half my collection :p

The downside is, I've ended up investing 2000 euros in a source and almost as much in a cable for it, to maximise its performance haha

Oct 28, 2019 at 4:00 AM Post #1,095 of 5,715
Hahah, while I would normally agree with you, the Elysium alone made me sell half my collection :p

The downside is, I've ended up investing 2000 euros in a source and almost as much in a cable for it, to maximise its performance haha
I will give you three months and we'll see. Until the next best thing my friend. By the way, which cable did your get for your Elsyium?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back