Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors)
Oct 28, 2019 at 9:24 PM Post #1,111 of 5,715
In fact I have the VE Erlkonig and it is almost like a Ciem. I suppose you can ask VE to make the VE8 in the shape of the Erlkonig. I was told company does research and find the general shape that fit like 80 or 90 percent of general population.
i think my ears is not that hard to fit any pre uiem shape like most of recent uiem currently. I probably could ask them to do that! thanks for your idea :)

Oct 28, 2019 at 9:32 PM Post #1,112 of 5,715
Hi all, is it possible to get uiem VE8?
I would ask. I am wearing a pair of universal VE8 demos in my ear right now. They are for the US Tour and they fit great. I don't normally get a good seal with universals, but the VE8 and ELYSIUM demos seal nicely. As a custom guy, I think there is still an advantage to the custom fit, but if you really want a universal it cannot hurt to ask. BTW, the VE8 is even better than the hype. I am really loving it, especially with my ROCK which a particularly hard genre to get right. It seems to nail all the other genres too. I am really digin' this VE8 right now. :)

Oct 28, 2019 at 9:55 PM Post #1,113 of 5,715
I would ask. I am wearing a pair of universal VE8 demos in my ear right now. They are for the US Tour and they fit great. I don't normally get a good seal with universals, but the VE8 and ELYSIUM demos seal nicely. As a custom guy, I think there is still an advantage to the custom fit, but if you really want a universal it cannot hurt to ask. BTW, the VE8 is even better than the hype. I am really loving it, especially with my ROCK which a particularly hard genre to get right. It seems to nail all the other genres too. I am really digin' this VE8 right now. :)
My fav iem currently is IER M9. It has full bodied mids and vocals. I want to improve if possible; better controlled bass with less or equal quantity, better width, better technicalities.

Oct 28, 2019 at 9:57 PM Post #1,114 of 5,715
I missed the opportunity for the demo ve8 and elysium. I felt so bad :/

Oct 28, 2019 at 10:42 PM Post #1,115 of 5,715
My fav iem currently is IER M9. It has full bodied mids and vocals. I want to improve if possible; better controlled bass with less or equal quantity, better width, better technicalities.
I have not listened to the M9, but that description of what you are looking for sounds like a universal description of what the VE8 offers. The whole frequency range is bigger for effortless quality. The bass is elevated considerably, but extremely tight making it feel more natural, speaker-like and full-sized. It has a being there feel unlike the typical CIEM that feels small. I would definitely audition the VE8 if you can.

Oct 29, 2019 at 3:21 AM Post #1,116 of 5,715
Hi all, is it possible to get uiem VE8?

Hi @twiceboss , I am sorry, but we are not selling universal versions of our VE Custom Line. The only universal that we have in our portfolio at the moment is the ERLKöNIG.

In fact I have the VE Erlkonig and it is almost like a Ciem. I suppose you can ask VE to make the VE8 in the shape of the Erlkonig. I was told company does research and find the general shape that fit like 80 or 90 percent of general population.

As all models have different technical components and a different setup, we cannot just put the VE8 components to an ERLKöNIG shell that is not silver. The demos that @Barra talks about are great for many users, but still they are only demos and therefor just an approach to the real deal of the CIEM in order to get an idea of the significant features of the sound signature.

Hope that helps!

All the best,

Johannes

Vision Ears Stay updated on Vision Ears at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/visionears.de/ https://www.instagram.com/visionears https://vision-ears.de/ info@vision-ears.de
Oct 29, 2019 at 3:46 AM Post #1,117 of 5,715
While the VE8 is a sort of staple for natural and warm and pleasant and full bodied - I can't see why you'd recommend it over the Elysium for someone who wants less or equal bass - the VE8 has very present midbass, to the point where it's been compared to a DD, or well, the best bass BA can get you

@twiceboss you saw it in the graphs as well, but I can't emphasise enough just how well the Elysium will fit you

Best midrange in the industry, very light, tight and controlled bass, plenty of treble extension and sparkle making female vocals heavenly

Nov 1, 2019 at 7:50 AM Post #1,118 of 5,715
Hi guys,

do the VE (the VE8 in my case) have some sort of safeguard preventing disastrous volumes when they are, for example, plugged into a line out?

If I remember correctly, how does it work? Is a fuse blown in that case and is a replacement required or will it just „shut off“?

Nov 1, 2019 at 8:03 AM Post #1,119 of 5,715
Hi guys,

do the VE (the VE8 in my case) have some sort of safeguard preventing disastrous volumes when they are, for example, plugged into a line out?

If I remember correctly, how does it work? Is a fuse blown in that case and is a replacement required or will it just „shut off“?
I think you’d blow up one or multiple drivers so they would stop functioning and the sound will be off. I can’t speak for VE but generally speaking replacing damaged drivers is pretty expensive

On a side note here’s a photo of my oh so dearest ely <3
1C195F72-60AD-4AA1-97E2-77C64AFCCCFB.jpeg

Nov 1, 2019 at 8:52 AM Post #1,120 of 5,715
From a discussion I had with @piotrus-g , BA drivers are quite tough for their size.

Blowing them up should not be a big concern for us.

Nov 2, 2019 at 5:05 AM Post #1,121 of 5,715
Hi guys,

In the booklet there is a passage mentioning a Limiter. The translation reads the following:

"A limiter within the signal path not only protects your ears but also your monitors in case of unexpected volume peaks"

How does that work? Is repair required (like a blown fuse) or does the limiter just shut off the drivers (kill-switch)

IMG_3250.JPG

Nov 4, 2019 at 2:33 AM Post #1,122 of 5,715
Hi guys,

Hi there,

There is no general limiter included in the earphone. BA drivers can stand a lot of volume. Normally a lot more than your ears can. This capability is important so that they can deliver the clarity without distortion also on high volumes.

In the booklet there is a passage mentioning a Limiter. The translation reads the following:

"A limiter within the signal path not only protects your ears but also your monitors in case of unexpected volume peaks"

How does that work? Is repair required (like a blown fuse) or does the limiter just shut off the drivers (kill-switch)

This is an advice. Mainly for stage use to protect the signal chain if something unexpected happens. For example a microphone cable is plugged off with an open signal channel. This will cause a short and high peak in the volume which might damage the ears.

For audiophile use these situations are not everyday life I would say, as you have your complete signal chain at hand normally.

Hope that helps!

All the best,

Johannes

Vision Ears Stay updated on Vision Ears at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/visionears.de/ https://www.instagram.com/visionears https://vision-ears.de/ info@vision-ears.de
Nov 4, 2019 at 8:46 AM Post #1,124 of 5,715
Nov 8, 2019 at 2:03 AM Post #1,125 of 5,715
Hi there,

There is no general limiter included in the earphone. BA drivers can stand a lot of volume. Normally a lot more than your ears can. This capability is important so that they can deliver the clarity without distortion also on high volumes.

This is an advice. Mainly for stage use to protect the signal chain if something unexpected happens. For example a microphone cable is plugged off with an open signal channel. This will cause a short and high peak in the volume which might damage the ears.

For audiophile use these situations are not everyday life I would say, as you have your complete signal chain at hand normally.

Hope that helps!

All the best,

Johannes

Thanks for clarifying this. Always appreciate how responsive you guys are! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back