Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors)
Sep 21, 2022 at 1:22 AM Post #5,371 of 5,715
It's been *years* since I have visited Head-Fi (UM Miracle killed the game for me), but after a long time, I decided to revisit upgrading my gear and went with the Phoenix and grabbed an 2000T with it...

Now I am just getting the itch to do all the accessories upgrade for it... does anyone have any cable recommendations? :D

Attachments

• IMG4200.jpg
    IMG4200.jpg
    370.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 21, 2022 at 11:08 AM Post #5,372 of 5,715
hit up @doctorjuggles

he's headfi's resident cable dr. and he's got a prescription for everyone.

he made my 1950 clone cable, which is phenomenal with all VE iems i've tried it with (used to run it on my erlkonig.)

Sep 23, 2022 at 6:58 PM Post #5,373 of 5,715
IMG_20220923_224757.jpg

World First batch of Black LiMited Edition Phonix arrived. It is luxuriously matched with black and gold shielding. Did Vision Ears and Effect Audio secretly planned these two products for their heavenly match characteristic and design? I can totally get it.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2022 at 8:43 AM Post #5,374 of 5,715
IMG_20220923_224757.jpg

World First batch of Black LiMited Edition Phonix arrived. It is luxuriously matched with black and gold shielding. Did Vision Ears and Effect Audio secretly planned these two products for their heavenly match characteristic and design? I can totally get it.
Man… that’s such a beauty

Sep 30, 2022 at 2:18 AM Post #5,375 of 5,715
IMG_20220923_224757.jpg

oh my god, the visuals! wow.
if thats a effect audio silver cable im sure it will pair with the Phonix very well.
hows the sound like?

Oct 13, 2022 at 3:50 PM Post #5,376 of 5,715
It's been *years* since I have visited Head-Fi (UM Miracle killed the game for me), but after a long time, I decided to revisit upgrading my gear and went with the Phoenix and grabbed an 2000T with it...

Now I am just getting the itch to do all the accessories upgrade for it... does anyone have any cable recommendations? :D
I love arctic cables 4 core opera cable, with my phonix

Oct 17, 2022 at 6:44 AM Post #5,377 of 5,715
Hi I went on a shopping frenzy after being promoted at work, it might sound funny to some, but my biggest motivation to change to current job was to have more money to buy expensive iem and stuff, in my previous job I just couldn’t effort it .

I bought from Music Tek which is by far, the best absolutely best of the best of shops to buy iem and music gear, the service is flawless they ship for me always the next day all arrives always in perfect condition

I bought
VE phonix
EE odin
EE legend evo
Lp w2

Let me tell you my impressions of these

1. Phonix - pro for me , warm sound, very natural , no fatigue, very very big sound stage to all directions, very fetuses can here in a rock concert every instrument separately ,
Cons for me, size, fit they have big nozzle to be for my ears
Really good iem , bass is strong dynamic , for me sometimes little bit not controlled (compared to odin see next )

2. Odin - pro - wow , this is the best bass I ever heard, it is controlled and full and 3D but not too strong it’s perfect for me make me go wow when I hear it mids are very good but not neutral , highs are the absolute pinnacle , I can hear details on this that I don’t hear on none of the other gear I have, it’s not harsh not to me , I love this iem, only cons is the stage which is not deep not very big, it’s good but phonix is endless compared to this , odin is not neutral but very balanced

3. Legend evo - I haven’t received yet..

4. W2 - I love usb dongles cause they are like candy, they are comparably cheap to dap and give some unique experience, I have also M15 q style , RU6 Cayiin, sparrow earman
The w2 is very thick sounding in a good way, it has this sparkle and it’s not neutral for my ears, the stage is not very wide but it’s ok, I love it’s sound it’s like liquid gold, it’s sweet and I love this tuning, though imho I think the ru6 is better

Oct 17, 2022 at 9:06 AM Post #5,378 of 5,715
Hi I went on a shopping frenzy after being promoted at work, it might sound funny to some, but my biggest motivation to change to current job was to have more money to buy expensive iem and stuff, in my previous job I just couldn’t effort it .

I bought from Music Tek which is by far, the best absolutely best of the best of shops to buy iem and music gear, the service is flawless they ship for me always the next day all arrives always in perfect condition

I bought
VE phonix
EE odin
EE legend evo
Lp w2

1. Phonix - pro for me , warm sound, very natural , no fatigue, very very big sound stage to all directions, very fetuses can here in a rock concert every instrument separately ,
Really good iem , bass is strong dynamic , for me sometimes little bit not controlled (compared to odin see next )

2. Odin - pro - wow , this is the best bass I ever heard, it is controlled and full and 3D but not too strong it’s perfect for me make me go wow when I hear it mids are very good but not neutral , highs are the absolute pinnacle , I can hear details on this that I don’t hear on none of the other gear I have, it’s not harsh not to me , I love this iem, only cons is the stage which is not deep not very big, it’s good but phonix is endless compared to this , odin is not neutral but very balanced

4. W2 - I love usb dongles cause they are like candy, they are comparably cheap to dap and give some unique experience, I have also M15 q style , RU6 Cayiin, sparrow earman
The w2 is very thick sounding in a good way, it has this sparkle and it’s not neutral for my ears, the stage is not very wide but it’s ok, I love it’s sound it’s like liquid gold, it’s sweet and I love this tuning, though imho I think the ru6 is better
Would you like to also visit this thread and share your insights and audio journey? Fun community 😬 https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...ge-all-welcome.957426/page-2550#post-17197119

Oct 17, 2022 at 1:03 PM Post #5,380 of 5,715

I bought
VE phonix
EE odin
EE legend evo
Lp w2

Welcome to headfi and congratulations on your promotion. Now that you’ve got more money we are all here to help you spend it! 😃

I would agree with what you have said about the Odin and Phonix. I own the Phonix and I did own the Odin, but unfortunately the upper mid peak was too much for me and I had to sell them on.

Oct 17, 2022 at 1:26 PM Post #5,381 of 5,715
Welcome to headfi and congratulations on your promotion. Now that you’ve got more money we are all here to help you spend it! 😃

I would agree with what you have said about the Odin and Phonix. I own the Phonix and I did own the Odin, but unfortunately the upper mid peak was too much for me and I had to sell them on.
im sorry to hear that,, about the Odin, IEM and audio is very individual, and Im amazed every time my audiophile friends listen to the same gear and have sometimes completely different impressions, for e.x last week I got hold of FIR Xenon 6, and it is good item but I didnt love it, but my other friends bought it, on the spot, same happened for me with the u12t, again it is great! but still I didnt love it, for e.x I have the Solaris (though 1500$) I LOVE it. for me its not only about the TOTL best of the best, but more about diversity.. I can enjoy for e.x my Acoustune HS1670 very much even that its 800$, I have a friend who only buys the best, Im not like that..

Oct 17, 2022 at 10:37 PM Post #5,382 of 5,715
I have recently just gotten custom silicon tips from CustomArts to go with my Phonix and... WOW that's some differences. Some things I am currently noticing on my first day of wearing it:
  • Soundstage opens up
  • A general cooler and brighter sound profile.
  • The timbre of the music is much more pronounced
  • The mids take a step back because of the soundstage opening up, but still retains its very melodic nature
It does make it a less intimate earphone, but the way the soundstage opened up is incredibly addictive. Will continue A/B listening between my SpinFit and the custom tips and report back.

Oct 24, 2022 at 9:07 AM Post #5,383 of 5,715
IMG_20220324_220244.jpg

The AK player as source is already a really solid choice. If you wanted to build a setup around Vision Ears EXT. I would really recommend a portable ampifier to pair with your AK. Such as the Tsuranagi, Mass Kobo 428 or Cayln C9. Adding a external amp for the EXT significantly opens up the stage and gives the bass more dynmic feeling. If you need high quality inter connect for external amp. Effect Audio makes really good bespoke interconmect tailored for your setup.
Sorry for digging up this old post, but out of interest does the Tsuranagi compare to the 428?

Oct 26, 2022 at 4:10 PM Post #5,384 of 5,715
What to choose, please?

Vision Ears EXT or EE Legend X ?

Oct 26, 2022 at 4:24 PM Post #5,385 of 5,715

Users who are viewing this thread

Back