Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors)
Dec 14, 2021 at 5:09 PM Post #4,411 of 5,715
Phõnix vocals must be insane then, because U12t's vocals were probably the strongest part of that IEM for me. It's what got me hooked on high-end IEMs.
Yeah, if the Erlkönig DNA is anything to go by, then Phönix vocals are probably right there at the top. Forward, rich, musical, engaging. Seems Phönix takes a slightly more airy approach with potentially better timbre...very tempting.

I am pretty close to blind-buying in hopes it can replace Traillii, as I am coming up on my 1-year anniversary with them and probably ready to have a [painful] breakup. One bird for another. :bird:

Dec 14, 2021 at 7:21 PM Post #4,412 of 5,715
This is the one I posted a while back:

Screen Shot 2021-12-15 at 02.40.25.png

By the way, apologies for being super late with the PHoNIX impressions, everyone. I'm on the tail end of a massive month of rehearsing, recording and mixing, but I should finally have time for impressions and reviews again from tomorrow on; after I go see Spider-Man, of course. :p
Thanks a lot. I am a sucker for upper mids. Cant wait to see how the rest of signature will work out.

Dec 14, 2021 at 10:21 PM Post #4,413 of 5,715
80fd6af7-3593-4149-b342-d589b3d2a3da.jpg

Compared to the Erlkonig, it is so difficult to take a good picture of the PHoNIX. The sapphire faceplate is a black hole for fingerprints and oil. An OCD would need to wipe down their Phonix literally a thousand times a day. As it is mentioned in lots of posts, the Phonix is significantly lighter than the Erkonig, it is much more suitable for longer listening sections.

Dec 14, 2021 at 10:25 PM Post #4,414 of 5,715
Compared to the Erlkonig, it is so difficult to take a good picture of the PHoNIX. The sapphire faceplate is a black hole for fingerprints and oil. An OCD would need to wipe down their Phonix literally a thousand times a day. As it is mentioned in lots of posts, the Phonix is significantly lighter than the Erkonig, it is much more suitable for longer listening sections.

I gave up trying to keep the Phonix fingerprint free, lovely photo.

Dec 14, 2021 at 10:58 PM Post #4,415 of 5,715
Dec 14, 2021 at 11:25 PM Post #4,418 of 5,715
Or, a lot of Photoshop. :p

Dec 15, 2021 at 6:14 AM Post #4,420 of 5,715
Bob: I see you posting on your My Space account about brain burn and the EXT. Can you elaborate a bit on that?

SLC: I am glad you have access to my My Space account also. Some IEMs when you put them in they automatically create an image of “wow” this is good. Phonix and Erlkonig are one of those. Sultan is one of those for me also. Then there are other IEMs that take a few minutes for the mind to adjust before the true pleasure of the IEM starts. This is especially true for some IEMs when going from one to another during a listening session. The Odin is one of those. The EVO was one of those also for me. I also put EXT into that category. When I first put them in, especially after listening to another IEM, I am thinking “this is wonky” and then after a few minutes I am thinking “this is a joy.” Then I can analyze the joy!

This happens to me usually with IEMs that are tribrids or a unique driver combinations like EXT. Maybe it is my mind synchronizing the different types of drivers.

Dec 15, 2021 at 11:11 AM Post #4,423 of 5,715
What are you using? I've been very close to buying a Cayin C9 just to see what these puppies can do haha... and the tube timbre ofc.
I was amazed by C9 with my Hiby R8 and Erlkonig.
Very very impressed, the timbre... It was lush, detailed... WOW

Users who are viewing this thread

Back