Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors)
Oct 8, 2021 at 5:36 AM Post #3,061 of 5,715
I would just like to announce that I am honoured to now look after the entire Vision Ears range for the UK Market from the VE2 all the way up to Phonix. Vision Ears are also the only brand in my portfolio with an extensive range of custom options.

Please feel free to message me for any queries, the demo EXT will be first to land here with the Phonix to follow.

If you want to see the range then see them all here.
Awesome news!! Keep up the great work :D

Oct 8, 2021 at 7:26 AM Post #3,062 of 5,715
@Wildcatsare1 I saw on the EE thread that you said you had the EXT cooking. How long do you think they’ll need to burn before they are at a good point to listen to them?

Oct 8, 2021 at 7:52 AM Post #3,063 of 5,715
I take it that you are recommending the Effect Audio Leonidas 2? 4 wire? What did you think of the PW 1950s?
I believe the Leo 2 only comes as 4 wire or Octa. I have the 4-wire ( the basic one if you can call it that) and I felt it worked well on the VE-8. The 1950’s is one of my favorite wires and probably my best cable, so that is almost always recommended. However, unlike the Leo it is a bit microphonic. Considering that and the extra cost, I would recommend the Leo 2 first. You should be happy with either.

Oct 8, 2021 at 1:25 PM Post #3,066 of 5,715
i think only a couple reviewers have them right now (ext). i pre ordered and have not received any tracking from musicteck as i dont think they have them yet
There seems to be more impressions and reviews of the EVO which was forecast to be released later than both the EXT and Phonix?... I just find it strange :thinking:

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2021 at 7:00 PM Post #3,068 of 5,715
It looks like both VE and EE are having supply chain difficulties. That’s the world we live in at the moment.

Oct 8, 2021 at 7:45 PM Post #3,069 of 5,715
i think only a couple reviewers have them right now (ext). i pre ordered and have not received any tracking from musicteck as i dont think they have them yet
Please do share your impressions when you have received yours. I’m quite keen on the EXT but waiting for more reviews :wink: thank you in advance

Oct 8, 2021 at 8:21 PM Post #3,070 of 5,715
yep. VE said there was a delay, and the phonix would be even longer till the even sent out review units

I heard from Marcel about a week ago that the EXT was basically ready to go and the parts for the Phonix were on the way and that once they did the finishing upon receiving they should be good to go. But yeah the world's shipping lines are kind of a mess right now generally. I'm glad I'm not currently in need of a car.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2021 at 12:32 AM Post #3,072 of 5,715
@Wildcatsare1 I saw on the EE thread that you said you had the EXT cooking. How long do you think they’ll need to burn before they are at a good point to listen to them?

I'm listen now, OMG, these are incredible, they've played straight through a couple days, and if there ever was an example of reaching perfection by different routes, it's the EXT and EVO. Both are so very good, but quite different, I'll be shedding big tears when I have to send the EXT out to the US AudioTiers members for tour! The stages supper wide, deep, with images laid out in space quite precisely. Tone and timbres are phenomenal, PRaT, smooth and clear from deep bass through high treble.

In my FanBoi emails to Marcel from Vison Ears begged for him to add a powerful DD bass driver to be with the best midrange in the business, and he exceeded my expectations, by a long shot. These are incredibly great IEMs, between the EXT and EVO, I easily could sell all of my other IEMs, and headphones, and call it a year! They both are giant leaps ahead of the Thummim, Odin, Sultan, and yes the Elysium, and while I haven't heard the Bird, I doubt they are 50% better (if at all)!

Oct 9, 2021 at 12:36 AM Post #3,073 of 5,715
I'm listen now, OMG, these are incredible, they've played straight through a couple days, and if there ever was an example of reaching perfection by different routes, it's the EXT and EVO. Both are so very good, but quite different, I'll be shedding big tears when I have to send the EXT out to the US AudioTiers members for tour! The stages supper wide, deep, with images laid out in space quite precisely. Tone and timbres are phenomenal, PRaT, smooth and clear from deep bass through high treble.

In my FanBoi emails to Marcel from Vison Ears begged for him to add a powerful DD bass driver to be with the best midrange in the business, and he exceeded my expectations, by a long shot. These are incredibly great IEMs, between the EXT and EVO, I easily could sell all of my other IEMs, and headphones, and call it a year! They both are giant leaps ahead of the Thummim, Odin, Sultan, and yes the Elysium, and while I haven't heard the Bird, I doubt they are 50% better (if at all)!
@Rockwell75 uh oh! So sorry for your wallet.

Oct 9, 2021 at 12:39 AM Post #3,074 of 5,715

To be ahead of Odin, wow! What an accolade! I’m shamelessly hooked lol

Oct 9, 2021 at 12:43 AM Post #3,075 of 5,715
There seems to be more impressions and reviews of the EVO which was forecast to be released later than both the EXT and Phonix?... I just find it strange :thinking:

Everyone is have supply issues, it's on random components so several new product launches have faced delays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back